The Poco F5 Pro 5G and its sibling, the Poco F5 5G, have been launched globally. The Pro variant packs an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 SoC, while the Poco F5 5G is equipped with a Snapdragon 7+ Gen 2 SoC. Both devices boast a 120Hz AMOLED display, enhanced by Dolby Vision technology for a superior visual experience. Additionally, each model features a triple rear camera setup, with a prime 64-megapixel sensor taking the lead.
Furthermore, these devices run on Xiaomi’s own customized OS skin dubbed MIU I 13. This is highly regarded by many as among the most customizable and feature-rich skin. While all these are quite commendable, there are a few downsides to it as well. First and foremost, Xiaomi, Redmi, and Poco devices run on MIUI which is always known to incorporate a ton of bloatware apps.
Furthermore, these apps are treated as system apps, hence you cannot uninstall or remove them from the App Info page. However, the issue doesn’t stop here. Xiaomi has gone a step ahead and has incorporated ads inside the OS itself. These ads are present everywhere, even on the device’s Settings page. This infuriates the users and rightly so. However, you could now remove all these ads as well as the bloatware with the help of some ADB commands and a few handy tweaks. Here are all the required instructions to carry out both these tasks on Poco F5 and F5 Pro.
Poco F5 and F5 Pro Device Overview:
The Poco F5 Pro 5G and the Poco F5 5G are standout smartphones, each offering a unique set of features that cater to various user needs. Each of these devices sports a 6.67-inch AMOLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate and a 240Hz touch sampling rate, ensuring a smooth and interactive user experience. However, the Poco F5 Pro 5G takes the lead with a superior WQHD+ (1,440×3,200 pixels) Flow AMOLED display, which can reach a peak brightness of 1,400 nits and a pixel density of 526ppi. On the other hand, the Poco F5 5G is equipped with a full-HD+ (1,080×2,400 pixels) display, fortified by Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
Regarding performance, the Poco F5 Pro 5G is powered by the robust octa-core 4nm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 SoC, paired with up to 12GB of LPDDR5 RAM. However, the Poco F5 5G is fitted with the new Snapdragon 7+ Gen 2 SoC and features 8GB of LPDDR5X RAM.
Both phones boast a triple rear camera setup with a 64-megapixel primary sensor for the shutterbugs out there. The Poco F5 Pro 5G offers up to 512GB of UFS 3.1 storage, while the Poco F5 5G provides 256GB of the same type of storage.
As for the battery, the Poco F5 Pro 5G is backed by a marginally larger 5,160mAh battery compared to the Poco F5 5G’s 5,000mAh battery. Both devices support 67W Turbocharging, but the Pro model also includes 30W wireless charging.
How to Remove Bloatware from Poco F5 and F5 Pro
First off, we will have a look at the steps to remove the bloatware or the pre-installed apps, including the apps belonging to Mi. There are two different methods for the same: using the Xiaomi ADB Fastboot Tools or via the ADB commands. Instructions for both are given below. But first, make sure you go through the requirements section and carry out the mentioned steps.
- To begin with, enable USB Debugging on your Poco F5 and F5 Pro. This is needed so that your device gets recognized by your PC in ADB mode. So head over to Settings > About Phone > Tap on MIUI Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging.
- Next up, download and install the Android SDK Platform Tools as well as Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC.
- Now, if you are going to use the Xiaomi ADB Fastboot Tools, then download the latest version: XiaomiADBFastbootTools.jar. This tool also requires you to have Java 11 installed. On the other hand, if you are taking the ADB Command route, then you don’t need both of these applications.
You may now proceed with the steps to uninstall or remove bloatware from your Poco F5 and F5 Pro devices.
Method 1: Via Xiaomi ADB Fastboot Tools
- Connect your device to the PC via a USB cable.
- Select PTP Mode from the menu that appears (and not the FTP mode.)
- Now select all the apps that you wish to remove from your device. If you wish to know the list of all the apps that are safe to remove, then have a look at the below list (given in the ADB section below).
- Finally, hit the Uninstall button.
Method 2: Via ADB Commands
- Connect your device to the PC via a USB cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Head over to the platform tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Now execute the below command and make sure you get a string of alphanumeric characters along with the device keyword:
- Next up, execute the following shell command (this will display your device’s codename on the CMD window):
- Use the below syntax to remove the desired bloatware from your Poco F5 and F5 Pro device:
pm uninstall --user 0 <package name>
Here, replace the package name with the below-given application package names. All these apps are safe to remove from your device. Thanks to XDA Senior Member bacitoto for this list.
com.android.chrome | Chrome Browser (you may loose webview) com.android.deskclock | Stock Clock app Google Bloatware on Xiaomi Phones com.google.android.apps.docs | Google Docs com.google.android.apps.maps | Google Maps com.google.android.apps.photos | Google Photos com.google.android.apps.tachyon | Google Duo com.google.android.apps.subscriptions.red | Google One com.google.android.music | Google Play Music com.google.android.videos | Google Play Movies & TV com.google.android.feedback | Feedback app com.google.android.youtube | Youtube com.mi.android.globalminusscreen | App Vault com.mi.android.globalFileexplorer| Mi File Manager com.mi.android.globallauncher | POCO Launcher com.mi.globalbrowser | Mi Browser com.mipay.wallet.in | Mi Wallet (India) com.miui.analytics | MIUI Analytics (spyware) com.miui.backup | Backup app com.miui.bugreport | Bug reporting app com.miui.calculator | Mi Calculator com.miui.cleanmaster | System Cleaner com.miui.cloudbackup | Cloud Backup service com.miui.cloudservice | Cloud service com.miui.micloudsync | Cloud Sync com.miui.cloudservice.sysbase | Cloud service com.miui.compass | MIUI Compass com.miui.fm | MIUI FM com.miui.freeform | MIUI Picture in Picture service com.miui.hybrid | Quick Apps (data mining app) com.miui.hybrid.accessory | Quick Apps (data mining app) com.miui.miservice | Services & feedback com.miui.mishare.connectivity | Mi Share com.miui.miwallpaper | Wallpaper app (may not change lockscreen wallpaper after) com.miui.msa.global | MSA or MIUI Ad Services com.miui.notes | Notes com.miui.phrase | Frequent phrases com.miui.player | Music Player com.android.soundrecorder | Sound Recorder com.miui.screenrecorder | Screen Recorder com.miui.touchassistant | Quick Ball feature com.miui.videoplayer | MIUI Video player com.miui.weather2 | Weather app com.miui.yellowpage | Yellow Page app com.xiaomi.account | Mi Account com.xiaomi.calendar | Mi Calendar com.xiaomi.discover | Xiaomi System apps updater com.xiaomi.glgm | Games com.xiaomi.joyose | Junk and safe to remove com.xiaomi.midrop | Mi Drop com.xiaomi.mipicks | GetApps(Xiaomi app store) com.xiaomi.miplay_client com.xiaomi.mircs | MIUI to MIUI Message com.xiaomi.mirecycle | Mi Recycle (MIUI Security) com.xiaomi.misettings | Mi Settings com.xiaomi.payment | Mi Pay com.xiaomi.scanner | Scanner app com.xiaomi.xmsf | Xiaomi Service Framework com.xiaomi.xmsfkeeper | Xiaomi Service Framework com.netflix.partner.activation | Netflix com.netflix.mediaclient | Netflix com.tencent.soter.soterserver | Chinese Payment service com.facebook.appmanager | Facebook com.facebook.services | Facebook com.facebook.system | Facebook com.facebook.katana | Facebook
That’s it. These were the two different methods to remove bloatware from Poco F5 and F5 Pro, let’s now check out the steps to remove ads from your device.
How to Remove Ads from Poco F5 and F5 Pro
In this section, we will list the instructions to remove ads from various sections of your Poco F5 and F5 Pro. We will be eliminating ads from the MIUI folders, Themes, Google Play Store (while installing an app) as well as from Mi Security, Mi Browser, Mi Music, Mi Video, and Downloads. Follow along.
To begin with, we would be disabling the MIUI System Ads (MSA). For that, head over to the Settings page on your device and tap on Passwords & Security. Then go to Authorization & Revocation and disable the MSA toggle. Then again go back to the Authorization & Revocation page. This time go to Privacy > Ad Services and then disable the “Personalized ads recommendations” option.
Remove Ads from various Apps in Poco F5 and F5 Pro
Here, we will show you how to remove ads from the MIUI folders, Themes, and Google Play Store.
- Folders: Hold the name of the folder for a few seconds and disable the “Promoted apps” option.
- Themes: To disable ads from the Themes page, head over to the Personalized option situated at the bottom right. Then go to Settings and disable the “Show ads” & “Personalized recommendations” options.
- Google Play Store: As soon as you have installed an app from the Play Store, switch to another page (screen). Then tap on Settings and disable the “Receive recommendations” option.
Remove Ads from MIUI Apps
Let’s now check out the steps to hide ads from various MIUI apps.
- Security App: Tap on Settings which would be above the startup screen and disable the “Recieve recommendations” option
- Mi Music: Head over to Settings, situated to the left, above the startup screen. Then go to Advanced Settings and scroll down to the “Show ads” option and disable the toggle. Likewise, you should also consider disabling the “Online Content Services” option.
- Mi Browser: In the case of the browser, go to the Personalized section situated at the bottom right. Then tap on Settings from the above right corner and scroll down to the Other section. Tap on Advanced and then disable the toggle next to “show ads”
- Mi Video: Go to the Settings page, situated right above the startup screen, and disable the “Personalized recommendations” option.
- Downloads: Head over to Settings, just right above the startup screen, and disable the “Show recommended content” option.
With this, we conclude the guide on how to remove bloatware as well as ads from Poco F5 and F5 Pro. We hope the above tips will give your device a bloat-free as well as an ad-free experience. If you still have any queries, do let us know in the comments section below. Rounding off, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Trick that you should check out as well.