Xiaomi Redmi K50i 5G was launched in India, features a 144Hz display, triple rear camera setup, and is powered by an octa-core MediaTek Dimensity 8100 SoC. The device runs on Android 12-based MIUI 13.
Furthermore, these devices run on Xiaomi’s customized OS skin dubbed MIU I 13. Many highly regard this as the most customizable and feature-rich skin. While all these are quite commendable, there are a few downsides to it as well. First and foremost, Xiaomi, Redmi, and Poco devices run on MIUI, which is always known to incorporate a ton of bloatware apps.
Furthermore, these apps are treated as system apps; hence you cannot uninstall or remove them from the App Info page. However, the issue doesn’t stop here. Xiaomi has gone ahead and incorporated ads inside the OS itself. These ads are present everywhere, even on the device’s Settings page. This infuriates the users, and rightly so. However, you could now remove all these ads as well as the bloatware with the help of some ADB commands and a few handy tweaks. Here are all the required instructions for carrying out these tasks on Redmi K50i 5G.
Redmi K50i 5G Device Overview:
The Xiaomi Redmi K50i features an FFS LCD panel with a 144 Hz refresh rate. It is an FHD+ panel with a resolution of 1080 x 2460 pixels and an aspect ratio of 20:9. Under the hood, we get the MediaTek Dimensity 8100 processor built on a 5nm manufacturing process. It is an octa-core processor with four Cortex-A78 cores clocked at 2.85 GHz and four Cortex-A55 cores clocked at 2.0 GHz. For handling the graphics-intensive tasks, we have the Mali-G610 MC6. The smartphone comes with Android 12 out of the box with MIUI 13 skin running on top.
In optics, we get a triple camera setup at the rear and a single selfie camera at the front. The triple camera setup consists of a 64 MP primary sensor paired with an f/1.9 lens, an 8 MP ultrawide sensor paired with an f/2.2 lens, and a 2 MP macro sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens. The selfie camera at the front is a 16 MP primary sensor paired with an f/2.5 lens. The rear camera capture 4K videos at 30 fps, while the front camera system is limited to 1080p video recording.
The smartphone comes with three storage options: 128GB internal storage + 6GB RAM, 128GB internal storage + 8GB RAM, and 256GB internal storage + 8GB RAM. We do not get a MicroSD slot for storage expansion. Regarding communications, we get Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, Bluetooth 5.3, GPS, Infrared port, and USB Type-C 2.0. And for sensors, we get a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, proximity, gyro, compass, and color spectrum. Powering it all is a 5080 mAh battery that can be topped up quickly using a 67W power adapter. The company claims the phone goes from 0 to 100% in just 46 minutes. The smartphone has three color options: Phantom Blue, Stealth Black, and Quick Silver.
How to Remove Bloatware from Redmi K50i 5G
First, we will look at the steps to remove the bloatware or the pre-installed apps, including the apps belonging to Mi. There are two different methods for the same: using the Xiaomi ADB Fastboot Tools or via the ADB commands. Instructions for both are given below. But first, make sure you go through the requirements section and carry out the mentioned steps.
- To begin with, enable USB Debugging on your Redmi K50i 5G. This is needed, so your device gets recognized by your PC in ADB mode. So head over to Settings > About Phone > Tap on MIUI Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging.
- Next up, download and install the Android SDK Platform Tools and Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC.
- Now, if you will use the Xiaomi ADB Fastboot Tools, download the latest version: XiaomiADBFastbootTools.jar. This tool also requires you to have Java 11 installed. On the other hand, taking the ADB Command route, you don’t need both of these applications.
You may now perform the steps to uninstall or remove bloatware from your Redmi K50i 5G devices.
Method 1: Via Xiaomi ADB Fastboot Tools
- Connect your device to the PC via USB cable.
- Select PTP Mode from the menu that appears (and not the FTP mode.)
- Now select all the apps that you wish to remove from your device. If you wish to know the list of all the safe apps to remove, then look at the list below (given in the ADB section below).
- Finally, hit the Uninstall button.
Method 2: Via ADB Commands
- Connect your device to the PC via USB cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Now execute the below command and make sure you get a string of alphanumeric characters along with the device keyword:
- Next up, execute the following shell command (this will display your device’s codename on the CMD window):
- Use the below syntax to remove the desired bloatware from your Redmi K50i 5G device:
pm uninstall --user 0 <package name>
Here, replace the package name with the below-given application package names. All these apps are safe to remove from your device. Thanks to XDA Senior Member bacitoto for this list.
com.android.chrome | Chrome Browser (you may loose webview) com.android.deskclock | Stock Clock app Google Bloatware on Xiaomi Phones com.google.android.apps.docs | Google Docs com.google.android.apps.maps | Google Maps com.google.android.apps.photos | Google Photos com.google.android.apps.tachyon | Google Duo com.google.android.apps.subscriptions.red | Google One com.google.android.music | Google Play Music com.google.android.videos | Google Play Movies & TV com.google.android.feedback | Feedback app com.google.android.youtube | Youtube com.mi.android.globalminusscreen | App Vault com.mi.android.globalFileexplorer| Mi File Manager com.mi.android.globallauncher | POCO Launcher com.mi.globalbrowser | Mi Browser com.mipay.wallet.in | Mi Wallet (India) com.miui.analytics | MIUI Analytics (spyware) com.miui.backup | Backup app com.miui.bugreport | Bug reporting app com.miui.calculator | Mi Calculator com.miui.cleanmaster | System Cleaner com.miui.cloudbackup | Cloud Backup service com.miui.cloudservice | Cloud service com.miui.micloudsync | Cloud Sync com.miui.cloudservice.sysbase | Cloud service com.miui.compass | MIUI Compass com.miui.fm | MIUI FM com.miui.freeform | MIUI Picture in Picture service com.miui.hybrid | Quick Apps (data mining app) com.miui.hybrid.accessory | Quick Apps (data mining app) com.miui.miservice | Services & feedback com.miui.mishare.connectivity | Mi Share com.miui.miwallpaper | Wallpaper app (may not change lockscreen wallpaper after) com.miui.msa.global | MSA or MIUI Ad Services com.miui.notes | Notes com.miui.phrase | Frequent phrases com.miui.player | Music Player com.android.soundrecorder | Sound Recorder com.miui.screenrecorder | Screen Recorder com.miui.touchassistant | Quick Ball feature com.miui.videoplayer | MIUI Video player com.miui.weather2 | Weather app com.miui.yellowpage | Yellow Page app com.xiaomi.account | Mi Account com.xiaomi.calendar | Mi Calendar com.xiaomi.discover | Xiaomi System apps updater com.xiaomi.glgm | Games com.xiaomi.joyose | Junk and safe to remove com.xiaomi.midrop | Mi Drop com.xiaomi.mipicks | GetApps(Xiaomi app store) com.xiaomi.miplay_client com.xiaomi.mircs | MIUI to MIUI Message com.xiaomi.mirecycle | Mi Recycle (MIUI Security) com.xiaomi.misettings | Mi Settings com.xiaomi.payment | Mi Pay com.xiaomi.scanner | Scanner app com.xiaomi.xmsf | Xiaomi Service Framework com.xiaomi.xmsfkeeper | Xiaomi Service Framework com.netflix.partner.activation | Netflix com.netflix.mediaclient | Netflix com.tencent.soter.soterserver | Chinese Payment service com.facebook.appmanager | Facebook com.facebook.services | Facebook com.facebook.system | Facebook com.facebook.katana | Facebook
That’s it. These were the two different methods to remove bloatware from Redmi K50i 5G, let’s now check out the steps to remove ads from your device.
How to Remove Ads from Redmi K50i 5G
In this section, we will list the instructions to remove ads from various sections of your Redmi K50i 5G. We will be eliminating ads from the MIUI folders, Themes, Google Play Store (while installing an app) as well as from Mi Security, Mi Browser, Mi Music, Mi Video, and Downloads. Follow along.
To begin with, we would be disabling the MIUI System Ads (MSA). For that, head over to the Settings page on your device and tap on Passwords & Security. Then go to Authorization & Revocation and disable the MSA toggle. Then again go back to the Authorization & Revocation page. This time go to Privacy > Ad Services and then disable the “Personalized ads recommendations” option.
Remove Ads from various Apps in Redmi K50i 5G
Here, we will show you how to remove ads from the MIUI folders, Themes, and Google Play Store.
- Folders: Hold the name of the folder for a few seconds and disable the “Promoted apps” option.
- Themes: To disable ads from the Themes page, head over to the Personalized option situated at the bottom right. Then go to Settings and disable the “Show ads” & “Personalized recommendations” options.
- Google Play Store: As soon as you have installed an app from the Play Store, switch to another page (screen). Then tap on Settings and disable the “Receive recommendations” option.
Remove Ads from MIUI Apps
Let’s now check out the steps to hide ads from various MIUI apps.
- Security App: Tap on Settings which would be above the startup screen and disable the “Recieve recommendations” option
- Mi Music: Head over to Settings, situated to the left, above the startup screen. Then go to Advanced Settings and scroll down to the “Show ads” option and disable the toggle. Likewise, you should also consider disabling the “Online Content services” option.
- Mi Browser: In the case of the browser, go to the Personalized section situated at the bottom right. Then tap on Settings from the above right corner and scroll down to the Other section. Tap on Advanced and then disable the toggle next to “show ads”
- Mi Video: Go to the Settings page, situated right above the startup screen, and disable the “Personalized recommendations” option.
- Downloads: Head over to Settings, just right above the startup screen, and disable the “Show recommended content” option.
With this, we conclude the guide on how to remove bloatware as well as ads from Redmi K50i 5G. We hope the above tips will give your device a bloat-free as well as an ad-free experience. If you still have any queries, do let us know in the comments section below. Rounding off, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Trick that you should check out as well.