Dota 2 is a famous online multiplayer battle arena game. Millions of players have downloaded the game and playing it. But some users are reporting the issue with the matchmaking of the game. They are reporting that when they are trying to do the matchmaking, then they are not able to find the match. Due to the issue, they are not able to play the game. The users are now searching for the cause of the issues so that they can resolve them. Thus, we are here with a guide to resolve the problem of Dota 2 Matchmaking not working. Keep reading this guide till the end to know more about it.
- Why am I facing Matchmaking issues with Dota 2?
- How To Fix Dota 2 Matchmaking Not Working Issue
- Restart the Game & Device
- Update The Network Driver
- Check The Internet Connection
- Verify the Integrity of the Game Files
- Disable Windows Firewall
- Disable Antivirus Software
- Download The Latest Updates
- Check The Game Servers
- Try After Sometime
- Reset The Game
- Reinstall The Game
- Check For Windows Updates
- Contact Game’s Support
- Wrapping Up
Why am I facing Matchmaking issues with Dota 2?
The users are facing matchmaking issues with Dota 2. We have listed the possible reasons below, so do check them.
- The issues might be occurring due to the corrupted game files.
- You are not connected to high-speed internet.
- There are some minor bugs with the game.
- You have not updated the network drivers for a long time.
- The issue might be occurring due to the Windows Firewall and Antivirus.
- You have not updated the game for a long time.
How To Fix Dota 2 Matchmaking Not Working Issue
The users are looking for ways to resolve the problem on their system. We are here with it. Below we have listed the methods through which you will be able to resolve the problem. Do check them.
Restart the Game & Device
The first thing that we will suggest you do is restart the game. By restarting the game, you will be able to fix minor bugs due to which you might be facing this issue. This is one of the best troubleshooting methods that users should try if they are facing any such issues.
If you are facing issues with the game, there are chances that there are some issues with the system files of your PC. Sometimes, during the startup of the files, some files are not loaded correctly, due to which you might face this type of issue. We suggest you restart the device and check whether the issues have been resolved.
Update The Network Driver
You can try to resolve the issue by updating the Network Driver. Your network driver must be updated for the game to operate without issues. Sometimes, we neglect to update the network driver, which causes problems with the game’s functionality. First, update the network driver using the instructions below if you haven’t already done so.
- Go to the Start menu.
- Use the search bar to look up “Device Manager.”
- A network choice will be visible on the screen. It can be expanded by clicking it twice.
- Then “right-click” on your network driver.
- A driver update option will now be visible; select it.
- Follow the steps displayed on the screen to finish the update.
- Restart the device after the update is finished.
Check The Internet Connection
If your system is not connected with a high-speed internet connection, it might also cause issues in the game’s matchmaking. You should have a strong internet connection for the game to work. We’ll advise you to use an internet speed test to determine your connection’s speed. There are numerous websites where you may check your internet connection speed. Without a proper internet connection, the game files will likely not be loaded, and you may face the issue.
Verify the Integrity of the Game Files
There are chances that the matchmaking issues are occurring due to the component’s error. Many users have tried scanning and repairing the game files, and they were able to resolve the problem on their devices. We expect that there are possibilities the game might be facing this issue because of the corrupted or missing files. This can happen when the game is installed; some modules might not have been installed correctly in the game files. You can easily fix this issue by following the steps below.
- Open Start Menu.
- Type “Steam” in the search bar.
- Now, open the app and go to Library.
- Select the game and click on the three dots available there.
- After it, select Properties.
- Head over to the Local Files.
- You will see the option of “Verify Integrity of Game Files.”
- Click on it and wait for the process to get completed.
- Now, again run the game and check whether the issue is resolved.
Disable Windows Firewall
If you don’t know, the Windows Firewall might also be the reason behind the matchmaking issue. The Firewall might have suspected some different response from the game’s server and blocked it. As the responses are blocked, so you won’t be able to do the matchmaking. In this case, you must disable the Windows Firewall and check whether the issue is resolved. Many users have tried doing this, and the issue was also resolved. You have to follow the steps below to disable the Windows Defender Firewall from your system.
- Open the Start Menu.
- Type “Windows Defender Firewall” in the search bar.
- Select Windows Defender Firewall from the search results.
- After it, click on the Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off from the left pane.
- Select the “Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended)” option.
- You have to do this for both your Private and Public Networks.
- Now, click on OK to save changes.
- Restart the PC and check whether the game started running correctly.
Disable Antivirus Software
Even after disabling the Windows Firewall, you need to disable the antivirus software if you are still facing the issue. The issue might cause if your antivirus apps are causing conflicts with the game file.
In this case, the antivirus installed on your PC might block the game files to maintain the PC’s security. It might happen if they suspect some malicious activity or response. Therefore, we will suggest that you should disable your antivirus and check whether the issue has been resolved or not.
Download The Latest Updates
Many users are facing this issue with their games. As they have reported this to the developers, they will work on fixing this issue. The matchmaking issue can sometimes occur due to conflicts between the game and system files. The developers can only fix this. We suggest that you regularly check for updates for the game to see if some new updates are available. You can do this by following the steps which are given below.
- First of all, open the Start Menu on your PC.
- Type “Steam” in the search bar.
- Click on the best relevant result.
- Go to Library.
- Select the game and right-click on it.
- After it, you will see the option of “Update.”
- If there is any update available, then click to download it.
- Now, wait for the process to get completed.
- After it, restart your system and check whether the issue is fixed.
Check The Game Servers
You must be aware that the servers of the game are working properly. Matchmaking is only possible if the game’s servers are running correctly. If there are any issues with the game server, the users cannot make the matchmaking. We suggest that players constantly try to fix the issue and check the game servers. If there are any server issues, implementing the steps in this guide will not work. We will suggest that you keep checking the game’s server status to try to resolve the issue. You can check the status by going to the website or social media page of Dota 2.
Try After Sometime
If any server issues occur, trying the other methods will not work. There are also chances that the game might be seeing a higher surge in traffic, due to which they cannot do the matchmaking. If you don’t know, the game has its own server limits; if it exceeds them, the matchmaking issue will occur. We suggest that you wait for some time and then check whether the issue is still occurring.
Reset The Game
You can try fixing the issue by resetting the game from your Windows. Follow the steps which are given below to do this.
- First of all, Open Settings on your PC.
- Now, click on Apps on the left pane of the screen.
- Select the Apps & Features option.
- Search for the game and click on the three dots on the right side by selecting the game.
- Now, click on Advanced options.
- Scroll down and select the Reset option.
- After doing this, check whether the issue has been resolved or not.
Reinstall The Game
Even after implementing all the methods listed above does not work for you, we suggest that you reinstall the game to fix this problem on your PC or console. It is the last method you can try to resolve this issue on your game. Many users have reported that they could fix this issue after reinstalling the game on their PC or console. This is because when you uninstall the game, all the files and settings will be deleted from your PC. After the game’s installation on the system, all the components and modules will be installed again properly. So, there are chances that the issue will be resolved after doing this.
Check For Windows Updates
Many users facing the issue were running the outdated version of Windows. If you don’t know, it can also cause a matchmaking issue. Windows Updates are important to run the app and game without any issues. You will get the error if you have not updated the windows on your system for a long time. Follow the steps given below to check for updates on your computer.
- Press Windows + I key to open Settings on your computer.
- Click on Windows Update on the left pane of the screen.
- After it, click on Check For Updates.
- If an update is available, click on the Download Now button to download the available updates on your system.
- Wait for the process to get completed.
Contact Game’s Support
The players are reporting the issue of the Matchmaking not working in Dota 2. Even after trying all the above fixes, we suggest you contact the game’s support team if the issue is unresolved. They will be the ones who will help you in resolving the issue. Thus, contact them and wait for their response.
Many players who have installed the game on their system have reported matchmaking issues with Dota 2. In this guide, we have listed the ways to resolve the Dota 2 Matchmaking Issues. We hope the solutions will help you in resolving the problem. That’s it for this guide.