Asus started rolling the beta version of the Android 10 update to ZenFone Max Pro M1. Well, beta always meant to have some bugs. If you are someone who is experiencing a problem with the latest update, then you are not alone. There are many users who experienced battery drain, camera shutter issues, and many more bugs using the latest One UI 2.0. Here we will guide you to downgrade the Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1 back to Android 9.0 Pie update. The guide is simple to execute. To downgrade from Android 10 to 9.0 Pie update, you need the Android 9.0 Pie rollback package.
You can revert back to Android 9.0 Pie update anytime on your Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1 by following this guide. If you are a newbie, then we request you to read carefully before following these steps. We won’t be responsible for incidental software or hardware related problems that may occur on your device.
Well, if you have not upgraded to Android 10, then we request you to check out our guide on how to download and install Android 10 on Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1. Android 10 is the latest iteration of the operating system from Google which was unveiled back in September this year. Moreover, users are pretty excited about it as it packs in quite a few cool features under its sleeves for the Android devices. Asus runs stock Android version to give Pixel like experience.
Rollback Firmware Details:
- Device: Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1
- Android Rollback Version: 10 Q -> 9.0 Pie
- Rollback UI: 17.2017.1911.407 –> 16.2017.1910.059
- Status: Official
- Type: Rollback firmware Package
- Changelog: This update will roll back your phone’s operating system to Android 9.0.
Downgrade ZenFone Max Pro M1 from Android 10 to 9.0 Pie
Here we will guide on how to roll back to Android Pie on Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1. Make sure to download the Android Pie Rollback package for Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1 and read the steps carefully.
- This will work only on Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1
- Make sure to download all the required tools, drivers and Rollback package
- Charge your Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1 to at least 50% before following this guide
- By rolling back, you may lose all your data. So take a complete backup of your data before degrading your firmware.
Download Drivers and Rollback Files:
- First, make sure to download the rollback update package if not downloaded.
- Copy the FOTA file to the root directory of phone storage (outside of every folder).
- when you are done, switch off your smartphone.
- Once your device reboots, your phone will automatically detect the update file.
- Click on the notification and then select update now.
- It will now extract the package and update your ZenFone Max Pro M1 back to Android Pie.
- Wait for the update to complete, once it is done, your device will reboot and enjoy Android Pie.
I hope this guide was useful to downgrade ZenFone Max Pro M1 from Android 10 Q to 9.0 Pie. You can always leave a comment below if you have any queries related to this post.