EA Sports FC 24, crafted by EA Vancouver and EA Romania, debuts the EA Sports FC series, following the end of EA’s alliance with FIFA. This title, the 31st in the lineage, released on 29 September 2023, is accessible on a range of platforms like Nintendo Switch, PS4, PS5, Windows, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S. With ‘FC’ implied to mean ‘Football Club’, EA positions it as a fan-driven initiative for the football future. However, post-launch, numerous PC gamers voiced concerns over the EA FC 24 game crashing on startup, leading to widespread disappointment.
It’s quite palpable that EA Sports has done a tremendous job in the last 31 years to deliver an almost realistic football gaming experience to FIFA fans in the form of video games every year. But it seems that PC version players aren’t happy with this release due to a lack of optimization for the PC apart from easy anti-cheat service errors, in-game lags, stutters, frame drops, and more.
- Why is EA FC 24 Crashing?
- Fix: EA Sports FC 24 Keeps Crashing on PC
- 1. Check System Requirements
- 2. Run the game as an Administrator
- 3. Verify Integrity of Game Files
- 4. Update EA Sports FC 24
- 5. Update Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
- 6. Update DirectX
- 7. Update GPU Drivers
- 8. Disable Overlay Apps
- 9. Install Pending Windows Updates
- 10. Disable Antivirus and Firewall Program
- 11. Launch the Game in Windowed Mode (Steam)
- 12. Perform a Clean Boot
- 13. Close Background Processes
- 14. Reset EA Sports FC 24
- 15. Reinstall EA Sports FC 24
Why is EA FC 24 Crashing?
Whereas most EA FC 24 PC players often encounter the game not launching or the startup crashing issue. Affected players cannot understand why such an issue often appears, even if the PC can run this game. It’s also worth mentioning that there may be several other possible reasons applicable to you that you should know before getting into the troubleshooting guide or any conclusion whatsoever.
The chances are also high that your EA Sports FC 24 game may not start on the PC due to the outdated game patch version, outdated graphics drivers, outdated Windows, missing or corrupted game files, issues with the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable, unnecessary background running tasks, etc. Sometimes, issues with the PC compatibility, background running tasks, overlay applications, and more can trigger the startup crashing with PC games.
Fix: EA Sports FC 24 Keeps Crashing on PC
As you know the possible reasons behind the crashing issue with PC games, it’s time to get into the workarounds below. Here, we’ve shared some troubleshooting methods for you that should be handy. So, make sure to follow all methods until the problem gets fixed.
1. Check System Requirements
First of all, you should check for the PC configuration to see whether it meets the system requirements of the game or not. Sometimes the compatibility issue between the PC and the video game can cause many crashes. If your PC build is low on specifications or outdated, upgrade the specific hardware/software to make it compatible. We’ve mentioned the system requirements of the game below.
- OS: Windows 10 – 64-Bit
- Processor: Intel Core i5-6600K @ 3.50GHz or AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.2 GHZ
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB or AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB
- DirectX: Version 12
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 100 GB available space
- OS: Windows 10 – 64-Bit
- Processor: Intel Core i7-6700 @ 3.40GHz or AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7 GHZ
- Memory: 12 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 or AMD RX 5600 XT
- DirectX: Version 12
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 100 GB available space
2. Run the game as an Administrator
If you’re not running your video game using an administrator privilege, it may cause issues with the game launching, startup crashing, or even the game not loading. So, it’s better to run the game exe file as an administrator on your Windows computer to check whether that fixes the problem. To do so:
- Right-click on the EA Sports FC 24 exe shortcut file on your PC.
- Now, select Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Make sure to click on the Run this program as an administrator checkbox to checkmark it.
- Click on Apply and select OK to save changes.
3. Verify Integrity of Game Files
If in case, your game files become corrupted or missing for some unexpected reasons, verifying and repairing the game files using the game launcher can help you a lot. To do this:
For Steam Client:
- Launch Steam > Click on Library.
- Right-click on EA Sports FC 24 from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, restart your computer.
For EA App Client:
- Launch the EA App on your PC.
- Head over to the My Game Library and locate EA Sports FC 24.
- Now, click on the Settings (Gear icon) and select Repair.
- Wait for the process to be completed.
- Finally, reboot the PC to apply changes.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Click on Library.
- Click on the three-dots icon next to EA Sports FC 24.
- Click on Verify > Wait for the process to complete and restart the launcher.
- It should resolve the EA Sports FC 24 Crashing issue on the PC.
4. Update EA Sports FC 24
We should also recommend you check for the game update manually at your end via the respective game client to ensure there is no outdated game version conflicting with the game launching. An outdated game patch version can trigger several potential issues that might trigger crashes whatsoever. To do this:
- Open Steam and go to Library.
- Click on EA Sports FC 24 from the left pane.
- Steam will automatically search for the available update.
- If there is an update available, click on Update.
- Make sure to wait for some time until the update completes.
- Once done, ensure to reboot the PC to apply changes.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Head over to Library.
- Now, click on the three dots icon next to EA Sports FC 24.
- Make sure the Auto Update option is turned on.
- It should automatically install the available update of the game.
For EA App:
- Launch the EA App on your computer.
- Go to Library > Right-click on EA Sports FC 24.
- Select Check for Update > If available, proceed with the same.
- It may take some time to complete the update.
- Once done, you can reboot the PC to apply changes.
5. Update Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
It’s highly recommended to update the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables on the PC by following the steps below.
Note: If you’re using the EA App or Epic Games Launcher then you can head over to the official Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables page to download the latest version.
- Head over to the following path on your PC:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Steamworks Shared\_CommonRedist\vcredist
- You should see the following folders:
- Just make sure to run all of these executable files that are present. (If you’ve different folders, then run the vc_redist.x64.exe file in those folders)
- Finally, restart your PC to fix the issue.
6. Update DirectX
Sometimes, outdated DirectX versions can also trouble you with the PC games. It’s better to update the DirectX version manually to avoid crashing issues.
DirectX is a collection of APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) used by many PC games for multimedia and video applications. Ensuring that you have the latest version of DirectX can help resolve issues with game performance or crashes.
Here are the steps to update DirectX:
- Go to the official Microsoft DirectX download page
- Click on the “Download” button.
- You might be prompted to choose additional offers. Simply uncheck any unrelated offers if you’re not interested.
- Once downloaded, locate the installer (usually in the ‘Downloads’ folder) and double-click on it to run.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install.
- After the installation, restart your computer to ensure changes take effect.
- Verify DirectX Version:
Windows + Rkeys together to open the Run dialog.
- Type in
dxdiagand press Enter.
- The DirectX Diagnostic Tool window will appear. Here, you can see the DirectX version currently installed on your PC.
- Ensure Game Compatibility:
- Some older games might require earlier versions of DirectX. It’s always a good idea to check game requirements and ensure compatibility.
Remember, Windows 10 and some later versions come with DirectX 12 by default; in most cases, you cannot downgrade to a previous version. However, games that require older versions will typically install the necessary components during installation. If you have issues with a specific game, consult its documentation or support resources for DirectX requirements.
7. Update GPU Drivers
It seems that multiple affected players have reported the outdated graphics driver. If you’ve also using the outdated graphics driver for a while then make sure to check for updates by following the steps below:
- Press the Win+X keys to open the Quick Link Menu.
- Now, click on Device Manager from the list > Double-click on Display adapters.
- Right-click on the dedicated graphics card that’s active.
- Next, select Update driver > Choose to Search automatically for drivers.
- If there is an update available, the system will automatically download & install it.
- Once done, restart the computer to apply changes.
This method should fix the EA Sports FC 24 crashing issue on PC. If not, you can head over to the next method.
8. Disable Overlay Apps
According to some affected players, disabling the Steam overlay and EA App overlay on the Windows computer has helped them easily fix the game not launching issue. As the in-game overlay app is always running in the background whenever you launch the game client, it’s quite possible to have issues with the processes or system resources.
For EA App Overlay:
- Open the EA App client > Go to My Game Library.
- Locate EA Sports FC 24 > Click on the Settings (Gear icon).
- Choose Game Properties > Uncheck the box Enable EA App In-Game for EA Sports FC 24.
- Click on Save and relaunch the game.
For Steam Overlay:
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Now, right-click on EA Sports FC 24 > Select Properties.
- Head to the General section > Here, uncheck the Enable Steam Overlay checkbox.
- Return to Library > Re-open Squad to check for the not launching issue.
9. Install Pending Windows Updates
It may be possible that, somehow, any of the Windows bugs or system files conflict with the game to run it properly. Sometimes an incompatibility issue can also occur when you haven’t update the software for a while. So, make sure to install all the pending Windows updates individually and keep it to the latest OS build. To do that:
- Press the Win+I keys to open Windows Settings.
- Next, click on Update & Security > Select Check for updates under the Windows Update section.
- If there is a feature update available, select Download and install.
- Wait for some time until the update gets completed.
- Finally, reboot your PC to apply changes immediately.
10. Disable Antivirus and Firewall Program
- Click on the Start menu > Type Control Panel and click on it.
- Now, type firewall in the search box > Click on Windows Firewall.
- From the left pane, click on Turn Windows Firewall on or off.
- Select Turn off Windows Firewall for the Private, Domain, and Public Network Settings.
- Finally, reboot the PC to apply changes, and try checking the issue.
Now, you’ll have to disable the anti-virus protection (Windows Defender) as well by following the steps below:
- Head over to the Windows Settings > Privacy and Security.
- Now, go to Windows Security > Virus & Threat Protection.
- Click on Manage settings >Then turn off the Real-time Protection option.
- Once done, make sure to reboot your PC to apply changes.
If, in case, you’re using any third-party antivirus program, then make sure to turn it off manually.
11. Launch the Game in Windowed Mode (Steam)
Try launching the game in Windowed display mode to check if that helps you. Sometimes a computer with an average hardware specification can cause several issues with the fullscreen display mode while running the game.
- Open the Steam client and go to the Library.
- Right-click on EA Sports FC 24 > Select Properties.
- In the General section, click on Set Launch Options.
- Next, copy & paste the following command-line argument:
- Make sure to save changes and try rerunning the game to check if EA Sports FC 24 is launching properly.
12. Perform a Clean Boot
- Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Now, type msconfig and hit Enter to open the System Configuration window.
- Go to the Services tab > Enable the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox.
- Click on Disable All.
- Click on Apply and then OK to save changes.
- Now, click on the Startup tab > Click on Open Task Manager.
- Under the Startup tab from the Task Manager interface, click on the tasks enabled for startup boot > Click on Disable.
- Select the high-impact startup programs and disable them one by one.
- Once all is done, restart your PC to apply changes.
- Finally, check whether or not the EA Sports FC 24 crashing on the PC has been fixed.
13. Close Background Processes
- Press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open Task Manager.
- Click on the Processes tab > Select the task you want to close.
- Once selected, click on End Task. Make sure to do the steps for each task individually.
- Once done, restart your computer to change effects immediately.
14. Reset EA Sports FC 24
- Press the Windows (Start) + X keys to open the Quick Link Menu.
- Select Apps and Features > Click on EA Sports FC 24 from the list of installed programs to select it.
- Now, click on Advanced options > Select Reset.
- Once done, reboot your computer and try to launch the game.
15. Reinstall EA Sports FC 24
If none of the methods worked for you, try reinstalling the EA Sports FC 24 game to check if that helps you fix the game not launching issue. To do so:
- Click on the Start menu and search for Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel > Click on Uninstall a Program.
- Locate and right-click on EA Sports FC 24 > Select Uninstall.
- If prompted, click on Uninstall again to confirm.
- Wait for the uninstallation process to complete. You can follow the on-screen instructions to do so.
- Once done, make sure to reboot the PC to apply changes.
- Finally, head over to the game launcher you use (Steam, EA app, or Epic Games Launcher) and reinstall EA Sports FC 24.
After its release, EA Sports FC 24 has faced issues on PC, causing frustration among players. Despite EA’s long history of great games, this recent launch reminds us that no game is perfect. The current problems emphasize the need for better game testing and updates. It’s crucial for companies to listen to players and fix these issues quickly for a better gaming experience.