EA Sports FC 24, developed by EA Vancouver and EA Romania, is the inaugural title in the EA Sports FC series after EA’s split from FIFA. Released on 29 September 2023 for various platforms, the game, hinting ‘FC’ as ‘Football Club,’ faces widespread stuttering and lag issues on consoles like PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S. After the release, during the gameplay sessions, the EA FC 24 title is somehow stuttering or lagging a lot on most gaming consoles, such as PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S Consoles. It has become quite common these days for console gamers.
As many console users are encountering lagging or stuttering issues with the EA Sports FC 24 game, it’s needless to say that they’re facing frame drops, too. It eventually narrows down the gaming experience whatsoever. Stuttering issues regarding powerful next-gen gaming consoles like PS5 and Xbox Series X|S are not expected. If you’re also facing the same issue, follow this troubleshooting guide to fix it.
Recently, several Reddit users voiced their frustrations on the platform, indicating that this issue is preventing them from enjoying the football game.
- Fix: EA FC 24 Stuttering on PS4, PS5
- 1. Use Another Graphics Mode
- 2. Reboot the PS4/PS5 Console
- 3. Update PlayStation Firmware
- 4. Update EA Sports FC 24
- 5. Power Cycle your PS4/PS5
- 6. Keep PS4/PS5 in a well-ventilated area
- 7. Check your TV or Monitor
- 8. Try Playing Another Game on PS4/PS5
- 9. Clear EA Sports FC 24 Game Data
- 10. Rebuild Database
- 11. Hard Reset your Console
- 12. Don’t Put in Rest Mode
- Fix: EA Sports FC 24 Stuttering on Xbox Series X/S Consoles
Fix: EA FC 24 Stuttering on PS4, PS5
Here, we’ve shared all the possible workarounds that should be useful for you. So, it’s better to follow all methods individually until the problem gets fixed. Although PS4 and PS5 compatible games are quite optimized in gaming performance, having the stuttering or lagging issue is a bit of a pain. Such stutters or lags eventually become one of the reasons for crashes, glitches, or server connectivity issues. So, let’s jump into it.
1. Use Another Graphics Mode
It’s expected to occasionally encounter frame drops in some games, even if you’re using the PS4/PS5 console. Try using another graphics mode in the game settings menu to cross-check whether the higher graphics settings conflict with the system performance. Sometimes, changing the graphics mode or reducing the graphics quality to some extent (depending on your need), may fix such an issue.
2. Reboot the PS4/PS5 Console
If you’re one of the PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5 console users and having issues with the system performance or even the in-game performance, then make sure to reboot the PS4/PS5 console to refresh the system. Sometimes, a simple restart of the console may fix the issue with the game crashes, lags, stutters, etc.
3. Update PlayStation Firmware
Updating the PS4/PS5 system software is recommended to avoid graphical glitches or lags. You can follow the steps below to install the update.
- Head over to Settings > Hit System.
- Select System Software > Hit System Software Update and Settings.
- Select Update System Software > Select Update Using Internet.
4. Update EA Sports FC 24
If you haven’t updated the EA Sports FC 24 video game on your PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5 console for a while, then make sure to update it by following the steps below:
- Turn on your PS4/PS5 console > Go to the Home screen.
- Now, navigate to the main menu on top.
- Head over to the Games tab.
- Scroll down to EA Sports FC 24 and highlight it.
- Press the Options button on your controller.
- Finally, choose Check for Update from the drop-down menu.
5. Power Cycle your PS4/PS5
Any system glitch or cache issue can sometimes cause errors, crashes, and lags. You can clear the temporary cache or glitch by power cycling your console to improve the performance.
- First, shut down your console completely.
- Next, remove the power cable from the console.
- Wait for around 30 seconds and plug back the cable in.
- Finally, turn on the PS4/PS5 console and check for the issue again.
6. Keep PS4/PS5 in a well-ventilated area
In some scenarios, your PS4/PS5 console may trigger several issues with the system performance or game lags due to overheating. Sometimes the room’s lack of proper air ventilation may cause hardware stress that directly affects gameplay or gaming performance. So, it would be best if you kept your PS4/PS5 console in a well-ventilated place to check for an overheating issue.
The proper airflow and the cooler place or temperature inside the room might help the PS4/PS5 console to work better. Keeping the console in a congested area or directly under sunlight may trouble a lot.
7. Check your TV or Monitor
Another possible reason behind the EA Sports FC 24 game lagging on the PS4/PS5 console is that your TV or monitor might have some issues with the screen refresh rate. Maybe a temporary glitch or the refresh rate issue on the PS4/PS5 console may trigger some issues.
8. Try Playing Another Game on PS4/PS5
Sometimes, PlayStation games may not run properly, which is a bit of a letdown. Make sure to play another game on the PS4/PS5 console to check for the issue or wait for some time to try again.
9. Clear EA Sports FC 24 Game Data
Clearing out the game-saved data on the console may also fix multiple game-launching issues or gameplay issues. You can try it out:
- Go to Settings > Select Application Saved Data Management.
- Choose either System Storage, Online Storage, or USB Storage > Select Delete.
- Select EA Sports FC 24 game > Checkmark the files you want to delete or Select All.
- Finally, select Delete > Select OK to confirm the task.
- Once done, reboot your console to check for EA Sports FC 24 lagging issue on the PS4/PS5 console.
10. Rebuild Database
Rebuilding the database on your PlayStation console can quickly resolve potential issues or errors. To do so:
- Switch off your console completely. Unplug the power cable from the console and wait for around 2-3 minutes.
- Now, plug in the power cable and turn it on to clear the Cached Data automatically from the system.
Check whether this issue has been fixed with the Vanguard game or not. If not, follow the next steps below.
- Now, press and hold the Power button on the PlayStation console until you hear 2 beeps. [The second beep will sound after seven seconds]
- The console will boot in the Safe Mode > Connect the controller to the USB with the console and press the PS Button on the controller.
- Next, you’ll get an option called Rebuild Database.
- Select Rebuild Database and confirm the task.
- It may take some time, depending on the hard drive data size. Have some patience.
- Once done, reboot the system normally.
11. Hard Reset your Console
In most cases, performing the hard reset of your console can fix system glitches or cache data issues from the game itself. To do so:
- Switch off your PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5 console first.
- Once the console is turned off, press and hold the Power button on the console until you hear two beep sounds within a couple of seconds.
- Here, you’ll see two reset options to choose from.
- Select the necessary option to reset your PlayStation console.
- Wait for the process, then sign in to the PlayStation account.
- Finally, install the EA Sports FC 24 game and try running it.
12. Don’t Put in Rest Mode
As a bonus method, make sure not to put your console in the rest mode because it may cause the system to glitch or fully go into the rest mode. So, don’t put in the rest mode during the gameplay sessions. To do so:
- Go to the PS5 Settings menu > Open the Power Saving tab.
- Select Set Time Until PS4/PS5 Enter Rest Mode.
- Set to Don’t Put in Rest Mode > Restart the console to apply changes.
Fix: EA Sports FC 24 Stuttering on Xbox Series X/S Consoles
If you’re using an Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S gaming console, then you can perform the following methods.
1. Check System Updates
Checking for system updates on the PlayStation or Xbox console before getting into other workarounds is recommended. Sometimes, an outdated system build can cause several issues. To do so:
- Press the Home button on the Xbox console to open the Dashboard menu.
- Select Settings from the bottom of the menu > Select All Settings.
- Choose to System > Select Updates.
- Select Update Console (if available) > Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update process.
- Once done, make sure to restart the console to apply changes.
2. Update EA Sports FC 24 on Xbox Series X|S
We’ll also recommend you update the game version to the latest patch to get optimized gaming performance on the Xbox Series X|S console.
- Go to the My Games and Apps section of your Dashboard menu.
- Select Manage > Go to Updates.
- If your EA Sports FC 24 game has any available updates, it’ll appear in this menu.
- Choose to begin the patch by heading to EA Sports FC 24 game > Press the A button on the controller to start it.
Note: It’s worth recommending going to the Settings page > Choose to Systems > Select Updates to automatically update your game whenever the console is connected to the internet.
3. Power Cycle your Xbox Series X|S
Xbox Series X|S console users might also need to perform a power cycle on the console. To do this, power off the console > Unplug the power cable > Wait for 30 seconds, and then plug back the power cable in > Turn on the console and check whether the problem is fixed.
4. Reinstall the Game
You can also try uninstalling the EA Sports FC 24 game and then reinstalling it on the Xbox Series X|S console to avoid any further problems with the installed game files.
- Press the Xbox button on the controller to open the Guide menu.
- Select My Games and Apps > Hit See all > Choose to Games.
- Then select the Ready to Install tab > Select Queue.
- Select EA Sports FC 24 game that you’re trying to reinstall.
- Now, press the Menu button on your controller.
- Select Manage Game & add-ons or Manage App.
- Choose EA Sports FC 24 > Select Uninstall all.
- Make sure to select Uninstall All to confirm the task.
- Wait for the uninstallation process to complete.
- Reboot the system to apply changes.
- Then, press the Xbox button on the controller to open the Guide menu again.
- Hit My Games and Apps > Select See all > Go to Games.
- Select the Ready to Install tab > Hit Install for EA Sports FC 24.
- Wait for the installation process, and then restart the console.
5. Reset the Console
If none of the methods worked for you, then reset the console to clear out system glitches or cache data issues.
- Press the Xbox button on the controller to open the Guide menu.
- Select Profile & System> Go to Settings > Select System.
- Go to Console info > Select Reset console.
- You’ll get a prompt like Reset your console.
- Here, you should select Reset and remove everything. [This will delete all user data, including accounts, saved games, settings, all installed apps & games, etc]
- Although you can choose to Reset and keep my games & apps, it may not resolve the issue in most cases.
- After you select the option, your Xbox console starts deleting and resetting the system to the factory default settings.
- Wait for the process to get completed, then reboot the console.
In wrapping up, EA Sports FC 24, as a fresh chapter in football simulation, brings with it immense expectations. While it’s disheartening to see such technical issues plague consoles, especially next-gen ones, it’s imperative for players to remember that no game is devoid of initial challenges. Fortunately, with the resilience of the gaming community and the continuous efforts of developers, these challenges often get addressed in due course. For those facing stuttering issues, our troubleshooting guide is here to enhance your gaming experience. Let’s stay patient and hopeful for smoother gameplay in the near future.