EA SPORTS-powered FIFA 22 is the latest football simulation video game for the players to enjoy the gameplay on all major gaming platforms. This is the 29th installment in the FIFA series that offers advanced gaming modes, a new season, and more. Now, if you’re one of the FIFA 22 players, and somehow you get Stuck on the Initializing Screen on your PC, PS4, PS5, or Xbox Consoles then don’t worry. Here we’ve shared a full guide to resolving this issue easily.
It seems that the game is stuck on the loading screen while launching it irrespective of the gaming device. Although the game developers are trying to fix most of the common issues earlier, this specific issue is still bothering a lot of players. Meanwhile, some affected players are claiming that issues with the game version or corrupted game files or a system glitch or issues with the internet connection or problematic game data, etc can be a reason at your end.
- Fix: FIFA 22 Stuck on Initializing Screen on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox Consoles
- 1. Run the game as an administrator
- 2. Update GPU Driver
- 3. Power Cycle on your Wi-Fi Router
- 4. Delete FIFA 22 Cache Folder
- 5. Disable Security Programs
- 6. Run Compatibility Troubleshooter
- 7. Check your Internet Connection
- 8. Clear FIFA 22 Game Data
- 9. Rebuild Database (PS4/PS5)
- 10. Hard Reset your Console
- 11. Don’t Put in Rest Mode (PS4/PS5)
- 12. Update Firmware
- 13. Update FIFA 22
- 14. Verify and Repair Game Files
Fix: FIFA 22 Stuck on Initializing Screen on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox Consoles
Well, apart from the initialization error on the loading screen, some players are also encountering the startup crashing issue. Sometimes issues with the graphical glitches, lags, stutters, etc can be one of the possible reasons behind it. Here we’ve mentioned a couple of troubleshooting methods for you that should come in handy. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Run the game as an administrator
It’s highly recommended to run the game executable file on your Windows PC as an administrator to run the program properly. To do this:
- Right-click on the FIFA 22 exe application file on your PC.
- Now, select Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Click on the Run this program as an administrator checkbox to checkmark it.
- Click on Apply and select OK to save changes.
2. Update GPU Driver
We’ll suggest you check for the graphics driver update and install it on the PC. Updating the graphics driver on the PC might gonna fix visual glitches or jitters in the gameplay. To do that:
- Right-click on the Start Menu to open up the Quick Access Menu.
- Click on Device Manager from the list.
- Now, double-click on the Display adapters category to expand the list.
- Then right-click on the dedicated graphics card name.
- Select Update driver > Choose Search automatically for drivers.
- If there is an update available, it’ll automatically download and install the latest version.
- Once done, make sure to reboot your computer to change the effects.
You should download and install the latest version of the graphics driver on the PC according to your specific graphics card model. Nvidia graphics card users can visit the Nvidia official site and AMD graphics card users can visit the AMD website.
3. Power Cycle on your Wi-Fi Router
You should perform a power cycle on your Wi-Fi router to refresh the internet connection whatsoever. Sometimes issues with the network connectivity may cause multiple issues with the game launching or connecting to the game server. It’s better to turn off the router and unplug the power cable from it. Then wait for around 30 seconds and plug back the power cable in. Now, turn on the router then connect to the internet to check for the issue.
4. Delete FIFA 22 Cache Folder
It looks like deleting the game cache folder on the PC may help you to run the game properly if there is an issue with the temporary cache data. To do that:
- Press the Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
- Now, type %appdata% and click on OK to open up the AppData folder on the local drive.
- Search for the FIFA 22 folder and delete it. This contains all the FIFA 22 temporary cache files.
- Finally, reboot the PC, and run the game again to check if FIFA 22 is still getting stuck on the loading screen or not.
5. Disable Security Programs
Make sure to turn off security programs on the PC if you’re experiencing the game launching or loading data issues. Sometimes aggressive antivirus programs may block ongoing connections with the game files or servers. To do so:
- Click on the Start Menu > Type firewall.
- Select Windows Defender Firewall from the search result.
- Now, click on Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off from the left pane.
- A new page will open > Select the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended) option for both the Private & Public Network Settings.
- Once selected, click on OK to save changes.
Make sure to disable the antivirus program on the PC temporarily by following the steps below:
- Press Windows + I keys to open the Windows Settings menu.
- Click on Update & Security > Click on Windows Security from the left pane.
- Now, click on the Open Windows Security button.
- Go to Virus & threat protection > Click on Manage settings.
- Next, you’ll need to simply turn off the Real-time protection toggle.
- If prompted, click on Yes to proceed further.
6. Run Compatibility Troubleshooter
If none of the methods worked for you then try running the compatibility troubleshooter on the PC with the FIFA 22 game. To do so:
- First of all, exit the FIFA 22 game > Press the Ctrl+Alt+Del keys to open Task Manager.
- Go to the Details tab > Locate the FIFA22.exe application task from the list.
- Right-click on the particular task and click on Properties.
- Next, leave the Properties window opened, and go back to the Task Manager.
- Right-click on the FIFA22.exe application file > Click on End Task.
- Click on the End Process button > Then go back to the Properties window.
- Go to the Compatibility tab > Click on the Run compatibility troubleshooter button.
- Click on Try recommended settings and test the program.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the troubleshooting process.
7. Check your Internet Connection
Make sure to check out the internet connection whether it’s working fine or not. Sometimes issues with the network may trigger several connectivity problems like game server connection or launching the game. It’s always better to switch the Wi-Fi to wired or vice versa if you’re facing any kind of issues. Otherwise, try running other online games or services to check for the issue. You can also contact your ISP for further assistance.
8. Clear FIFA 22 Game Data
It seems that deleting the installed game saved data on the console can also fix several issues with the game launching or gameplay. You should try performing this method to check for the FIFA 22 Stuck on Initializing Screen issue.
- First, quit the FIFA 22 game > Select My games & apps.
- Select See all > Make sure to highlight the FIFA 22 game.
- Select Manage game and add-ons > Go down to Saved data.
- Choose the Delete all button > Wait for it to complete.
- Finally, relaunch the FIFA 22 game to check for the issue.
- Go to Settings > Select Application Saved Data Management.
- Choose either System Storage or Online Storage or USB Storage > Select Delete.
- Select the FIFA 22 game > Checkmark the files that you want to delete or just Select All.
- Finally, select Delete > Select OK to confirm the task.
- Once done, reboot your console to check for the issue again.
9. Rebuild Database (PS4/PS5)
Rebuilding the database on your PlayStation console can quickly resolve the potential issues or errors. To do so:
- Switch off your console completely. Unplug the power cable from the console and wait for around 2-3 minutes.
- Now, plug in the power cable, and turn it on to clear the Cached Data automatically from the system.
Check whether this issue has been fixed with the Vanguard game or not. If not, follow the next steps below.
- Now, press and hold the Power button on the PlayStation console until you hear 2 beeps. [The second beep will sound after seven seconds]
- The console will boot in the Safe Mode > Connect the controller to the USB with the console and press the PS Button on the controller.
- Next, you’ll get an option called Rebuild Database.
- Select Rebuild Database and confirm the task.
- It may take some time depending on the hard drive data size. Have some patience.
- Once done, just reboot the system normally.
10. Hard Reset your Console
In most cases, performing the hard reset of your console can fix system glitches or cache data issues from the game itself. To do so:
- Go to Guide by pressing the Xbox button on your controller.
- Then go to Profile & System > Select Settings.
- Choose System > Select Console Info.
- Select Reset > If prompted, confirm the task to proceed.
- Wait for the console to reset completely.
- Once done, make sure to sign in to your Xbox account.
- Finally, install the FIFA 22 game properly, and then check for the crashing issue.
- Switch off your PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5 console first.
- Once the console is turned off, press and hold the Power button on the console until you hear two beep sounds within a couple of seconds.
- Here you’ll see two reset options to choose from.
- Select the necessary option to reset your PlayStation console.
- Wait for the process to complete and then make sure to sign in to the PlayStation account.
- Finally, install the FIFA 22 game, and try running it.
11. Don’t Put in Rest Mode (PS4/PS5)
Make sure not to keep your PlayStation console in the rest mode because it may cause some issues with the game crashing or not launching. To do so:
- Go to the PS5 Settings menu > Open the Power Saving tab.
- Select Set Time Until PS5 Enter Rest Mode.
- Set to Don’t Put in Rest Mode > Restart the console to apply changes.
12. Update Firmware
We’ll recommend you check for system updates on the PlayStation or Xbox console or even on PC to ensure there is no problem happening due to the system. To do so:
- Go to the Settings menu on the PlayStation console.
- Select System Software Update > Make sure to check for available updates and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update process.
- Once done, reboot the system to apply changes.
- Press the Home button on the Xbox console to open the Dashboard menu.
- Select Settings from the bottom of the menu > Choose to All Settings.
- Choose to System > Select Updates.
- Select Update Console > Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update process.
- Once done, make sure to restart the console to apply changes.
- Press the Windows + I keys to open up the Windows Settings menu.
- Next, click on Update & Security > Select Check for updates under the Windows Update section.
- If there is a feature update available, select Download and install.
- Wait for some time until the update gets completed.
- Finally, reboot your PC to apply changes immediately.
13. Update FIFA 22
If in case, you haven’t updated your FIFA 22 game for a while then make sure to follow the steps below to check for updates and install the latest version. To do this:
For PC: [Steam]
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library > Click on FIFA 22 from the left pane.
- It’ll automatically search for the available update. If there is an update available, make sure to click on Update.
- It may take some time to install the update > Once done, make sure to close the Steam client.
- Finally, reboot your PC to apply changes, and then try launching the game again.
For PC: [Origin]
- Open the Origin client on the PC > Click on Application Settings.
- Now, look for the Client update section > Here you’ll need to Turn ON the Automatic game updates option.
- Turn on your PS4/PS5 console > Go to the Home screen.
- Now, navigate to the main menu on top.
- Head over to the Games tab.
- Scroll down to FIFA 22 and highlight it.
- Press the Options button on your controller.
- Finally, choose to Check for Update from the drop-down menu.
- Make sure to turn on your Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S gaming console.
- Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the menu.
- Now, scroll down to the right > Select Settings.
- Scroll down until you see Updates & downloads.
- From the next page, select Keep my console up to date and Keep my games & games up to date to enable the checkbox.
This will do the job automatically whenever new updates are available.
14. Verify and Repair Game Files
Sometimes missing or corrupted game files on the PC may occur some issues with the game application launching properly or start crashing. It doesn’t mean that you’ll always get an error message or warning notice after crashing. A minor but useful game file may get corrupted or missing quite easily. Luckily, most of the game launchers do come with a useful feature to automatically verify and repair game files online. To do so:
- Launch the Steam client > Click on Library.
- Right-click on FIFA 22 from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, just restart your computer. It should fix the FIFA 22 Stuck on Initializing Screen error.
- Open the Origin client on the PC.
- Go to My Game Library > Select FIFA 22 from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on the Settings icon > Select Repair.
- Wait for the client to do the job for you.
- Once done, make sure to close the client, and restart the PC to change effects immediately.
- It should resolve the FIFA 22 Stuck on Initializing Screen issue.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.