Venmo is a popular mobile payment service that’s owned by PayPal. Venmo account users can easily transfer funds to others via the Android/iOS mobile app but limited to the US region only. Now, if in case, you’re one of the Venmo users for a while and you mostly use all of your necessary or major transactions/payments by using the Venmo app, then you should keep checking whether your account status. Some of the Venmo account users are reporting that it has frozen and they can’t understand whether it’s temporarily or permanently.
So, if you’re also one of the victims and your account has been frozen due to some unfortunate reasons, then check out the guide below on how to find the frozen status properly. Well, freezing a useful payment service account is very inconvenient for most of the users. It’s also worth mentioning that if in case, your Venmo account got frozen then you’ll receive a notification via email.
However, if somehow you’ve missed out on the notification mail or haven’t received any notice yet, then you may receive the same notice while you try to make any payment from the Venmo mobile app. Unfortunate users are getting “Could not complete this transaction because your account is frozen. Please see the following help article for instructions on how to unfreeze your account: https://help.venmo.com/hc/articles/210413707.”
Why Venmo Account Frozen?
It’s also worth mentioning that if your Venmo account has been frozen then no one can’t make transactions with you via the Venmo account. If someone tries to make a transaction to you, that person will be notified like ‘the payment could not be completed’. That means they’ll surely inform you about this issue and then you can go through the account status.
- First of all, make sure to check the Venmo User Agreement properly.
- A failed bank payment or return the paid money to the payer.
- Insufficient balance or fund in the bank account.
- The Limit reached for the Automated Clearing House (ACH) transfers.
- Chargeback claimed against your payment.
- Unusual behavior or frequent transactions between a single account.
- Exceed payments than the available funds on the bank account.
How to Find Venmo Account Frozen Temporarily or Permanently?
There are a couple of ways that you should do:
- If your Venmo account has been frozen then you should contact the Venmo support team directly without getting delayed much. As there is no way to unfreeze your Venmo account by yourself, the support team will only help you out of this problem.
- So, if in case, your Venmo account has been frozen for a temporary period of time, you can easily get back the account working again by paying the debt. That means you’ll need to pay the amount charges directly from your bank and it may take a couple of business days to complete the process. Then you’ll be good to go.
- But if your Venmo account has been frozen permanently, then the decision making will fully depend on the Venmo’s support team.
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve found this guide useful. For further queries, you can comment below.
I don’t know why my venmo account is frozen. How can I unfreeze my venmo account
What is going on my account is frozen