Fire Emblem Engage is a new tactical RPG released on 20th January. Developed by Intelligent Systems and published by Nintendo, the game is an instalment in the Fire Emblem series. Players will be able to experience the game on the Nintendo Switch platform. The game has many features, and this guide is about Fire Emblem Engage Recruitment.
As the predecessor of the widely popular RPG Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Fire Emblem Engage mainly received positive reviews from critics. It is set on the continent of Elyos, where players can summon familiar characters with Emblem Rings, a new feature in this instalment. The addition of Emblem Rings allows characters to fight with the previous Fire Emblem lords.
How to Get and Add Units in Fire Emblem Engage – Recruitment Guide
As you play Fire Emblem Engage, you will come across various characters. The game allows you to add these characters to your team as units, which is called recruitment. You will need to recruit them to add them to your team, so you should know the process of how to do it.
Recruiting members will enable you to have more members in your party, and increase the number of playable characters you can use. All units have strengths and weaknesses that you can use to your advantage. Their unique skills and abilities will be useful in combat and other tasks. It’s a good idea to collect all the units so that you have a wide pool of characters to choose from for your team.
To add units to your party, you must progress through the main story for most of them. Some others need a bit of interaction, so you need to talk to them. In this way, you will be able to add units to your team. Here are all the units that you will be able to unlock simply by progressing through the story of Fire Emblem Engage:
- Prologue – Alear
- Chapter 1: Awake at Last – Vander
- Chapter 2: Queen Lumera – Clanne, Framme
- Chapter 3: Hostilities – Alfred, Boucheron, Etie
- Chapter 4: A Land in Bloom – Celine, Chloe, Louis
- Chapter 6: The Stolen Ring – Yunaka
- Chapter 7: Dark Emblem – Alcryst, Lapis, Citrinne
- Chapter 8: The Kingdom of Might – Diamant, Amber
- Chapter 11: Retreat – Ivy, Zelkov, Kagetsu
- Chapter 12: The Sentinels – Fogado, Pandreo, Bunet
- Chapter 13: Heroes of the Oasis – Timerra, Merrin, Panette
- Chapter 14: The Battle for Solm – Hortensia
- Chapter 15: Dancer in the Ruins – Seadall
- Chapter 16: Seashore Travels – Rosado, Goldmary
How to Get and Add Optional Units
Not all the game characters will be available for you to recruit. But for the ones that are, it is quite easy to get it right. The optional characters are the ones that you need to talk to manually. We have the information for you if you want to know how to talk to the optional characters to add them. You can spot a recruitable unit when you find speech bubbles on top of a character. This means that they want to talk to you about recruitment.
The first thing you will need to do is to use your protagonist Alear to interact with the character that you want to recruit. You can do this by moving to an adjacent tile next to the unit. Click on the Talk option to start a dialogue, and it should usually go smoothly. Sometimes, you will need to use a specific character to talk to a unit, as in the case of Jade.
At the end of the dialogue, you will be able to recruit the new character to your party. You will need to be careful not to end the chapter before you have recruited them. This is because you will not be able to recruit them again in the next chapter. For the rest of the playthrough, you will need to make do without that character. Thus, you must know which characters you will get in a specific chapter.
All Optional Units
Manually recruiting each optional character can be difficult if you have already skipped past some chapters, so make sure you know the chapter you can add them. Here are all the optional characters that you will need to recruit by interacting with them:
- Jean: You can recruit him using Alear in the Paralogue Mission: Budding Talent.
- Anna: You can recruit her using Alear in the Paralogue Mission: Mysterious Merchant.
- Jade: You can recruit her using Diamant or Alear in Chapter 9: A Clash of Forces.
- Seadall: You can recruit him using Alear in Chapter 15: A Dancer in the Ruins.
- Saphir: You can recruit her using Alear in Chapter 19: The Dead Town.
Keep a lookout for the chapters on which you can get optional characters, and you should be good to go. That’s all you need to know about getting and adding units in the game. We hope that this Fire Emblem Engage recruitment guide helped you recruit some new characters. By building up your roster, you will be able to work your way toward the best team in the game.