Adobe Acrobat reader is easily the most popular application when it comes to viewing and editing pdf files. But there is a known bug that is bugging its users. This bug does not let users print the pdf files using the Adobe Reader. It is not that you get an error message on your screen. It acts as if you have not even instructed the application to perform the printing operation.
If you are also a victim of it, then don’t worry because we have compiled a list of all the possible fixes for this issue. Just try all of the fixes mentioned below one by one, and undoubtedly one of them will work for you. You will be able to print files using the Adobe Reader.
How to fix when Adobe Reader is Not Able to Print PDF documents?
Now there could be three possible reasons behind your PDF document, not printing. You might have a faulty printer or a corrupted PDF file, or your Adobe Reader is not buggy. So to check which is the case for you, you can try printing the pdf directly from your browser. If the printer prints out a copy, then it is not your printer or the PDF file at fault. It is Adobe Reader, which is the root of your problem of not printing.
Get the latest version:
The version of Adobe Reader on your computer might be outdated. In that case, you might face different bugs on your outdated version too. One of those bugs might lead to your Adobe reader not printing your PDF documents. So the best thing to do here would be to download the latest version from their official website and then install that particular version on your computer.
- Go to the official website and download the latest version.
- Install it by following the on-screen instructions.
After the new version of Adobe Reader is up and running on your computer, try opening that PDF file and printing it out. If the Adobe reader does not print your PDF document again, then try the next fix.
Make sure your printer is set as the default printer:
You need to set the printer connected to your computer as the default printer. If you have another printer as your default printer, then it won’t be able to print any PDF document.
- Press Windows Key + R together, and it will open up the Run dialog box.
- Now enter “control” in the dialog box and click Ok.
- Now go to Hardware and Sound and there click on Devices and Printers.
- Then find the printer from the list of devices that show up on the screen. When you find the printer that you are looking for, check if there is a small green tick next to it. If there is no green tick, then right-click on that printer and choose the option “Set as default printer.”
Now, try printing your document again. If the Adobe reader still does not print your PDF document again, then try the next fix.
Update your printer’s driver:
Having outdated drivers for the printer may also be the reason behind your printer not printing your PDF documents through Adobe Reader. In that case, try updating the drivers directly from the Device Manager.
- Click on the small search icon at the bottom and then search for “Device Manager.”
- Under Devices and printers here, you will find your printer. Right-click on it and choose the option Update driver.
- Then follow the on-screen instructions to install the update using the internet automatically.
If you are still not able to print your PDF document using the Adobe Reader, then move on to the next potential fix.
Try the Print As Image feature in Acrobat Reader:
If there is any part of your PDF that is damaged, for example, if there is any corrupted text, then there is a chance that the Adobe Reader won’t be able to print that PDF file.
- Open the PDF file in the Adobe Reader.
- In the toolbar, click on the Print icon.
- Then go to Advanced and check the option Print as Image.
- Then click on Ok and start printing your document.
If even with this, you are unable to print your PDF using the Adobe Reader, then try the next solution.
Recreate a new PDF file:
If there are any issues with the File you have on you, then you can try recreating it. Sometimes that fixes the problem too.
- Download the PDF file again and save it on your hard drive. If you created the PDF yourself, then create it again and save it to your hard drive.
- To save the new PDF file, go to File> Save as, and the new File will be saved directly on to your hard drive.
Try printing this newly recreated PDF file. If you are still not able to print the new PDF document using the Adobe Reader, then move on to the next solution.
Use another PDF reader software:
The only option you have now is to use a different PDF reader software. Do a google search and, according to your requirement of features, pick any one of the reader programs that show up on the search. That will be able to print your PDF document.
So those are the possible solutions that you can try if Adobe Reader is not able to Print PDF documents on your computer. If you have any questions or queries about this guide on Adobe Reader, then comment down below, and we will get back to you. Also, be sure to check out our other articles on iPhone tips and tricks, Android tips and tricks, PC tips and tricks, and much more for more useful information.