The Apex Legends Mobile is a free-to-play battle royale online multiplayer video game after the success of the PC version. It’s now available for both Android and iOS devices with plenty of characters and classes, apart from weapons & maps. Though it becomes one of the most downloaded games across 40 countries, it seems that some players are facing a couple of issues or bugs. Apex Legends Mobile Voice Chat Not Working issue is one of them.
To be very precise, voice chat communication is one of the important features in the multiplayer battle royale video game to be with your teammates and communicate with them all the time. However, if you’re unable to communicate via the voice chat option on your game then it may become frustrating after some time. Some unfortunate Apex Legends Mobile players are literally unable to use the voice chat function which directly affects the gameplay.
Fix: Apex Legends Mobile Voice Chat Not Working
Well, turning on the voice chat option in Apex Legends Mobile is an easy task. Do keep in mind that using a dedicated gaming headset with a microphone can work much better than standard headphones or earbuds. Here we’ve shared the steps below to enable the voice chat feature.
- Before entering a match, just head over to the in-game Settings menu.
- Tap on Graphics and Audio > Select the Audio tab at the top.
- Scroll down to the Voice-Over section and turn on the Use built-in mic toggle.
- Now, Apex Legends Mobile should ask for your microphone permission. Grant it.
- You can also adjust Mic Volume and Squad Voice Chat Volume from the screen.
- Next, you can start matchmaking and find the mic icon.
- While you’re inside the gameplay, you can find the mic icon in the top left corner next to your radar as well. While selecting characters, it should be in the bottom right corner.
- Tap on the mic icon > Select any one of them as per your requirement. Like Global, Squad, or Mute.
- You can also use push-to-talk > Select listening mode by tapping on the speaker volume icon in the top left corner (or bottom right corner).
Talking about the three options such as Global, Squad, and Mute, the Global option allows players to listen to everybody near them. While the Squad option allows players to listen to only their teammates. Obviously, the Mute option will mute (sound off) all players so that other players can’t hear you and you can’t even head them. It’s better to use the Squad option always while you’re with your friends. Otherwise, mute all to enjoy the game fullest.
On the other side, Push to Talk Global basically allows players to use the global chat feature inside the gameplay but it requires a push to talk. Push to Talk Squad is just like a regular Squad chat and you have to push it to talk.
Use Text Chat Option
You can communicate with your teammates via the text chat option.
- Quick callouts
- When inside the gameplay, you can select the text icon in the top left corner and select the one. Chat messages will appear on the top left side.
- Regular text chat
- When you’re in the game, select the text icon in the top left corner.
- The list of quick callout messages should appear. Tap on the black box icon which is a Squads label.
- Type your message and hit the enter key.
- Your message should appear immediately.
- Read old text chats
- Open the text icon in the top left corner > Skip the list and tap on the three-line icon with the clock.
- All recent text messages should appear inside the box.
- View your spectators
- Open the text icon in the top left corner > Tap on the play icon.
- If anyone is spectating you, it should appear in a list here.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.