Brawlhalla is a 2D role-playing video game that comes as a free-to-play fighting title that has been developed by Blue Mammoth Games and published by Ubisoft. After releasing it for Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PS5, PS4, and mobile platforms, the PC version has also released in the later part. Plenty of PC players have reported that they’re getting Brawlhalla Black Screen Error while trying to launch it. If you’re also facing the same, you can follow this troubleshooting guide to fix it.
According to several reports online, the black screen-related issue is simply preventing players to get into the Brawlhalla game on the PC whatsoever. Meanwhile, issues with the graphics driver can be a major reason behind such an error. Talking about the WMVideo Decoder error, the chances are high that this particular issue is happening on your Windows 10 and 11 edition most probably.
Fix Brawlhalla Black Screen Error
Luckily, there are a couple of possible workarounds available that can easily fix the particular black screen issue on your computer. So, without further ado, let’s jump into it.
1. Update Graphics Driver
Updating the graphics card driver can easily fix multiple displays or black screen-related issues on your Windows computer. Mostly the black screen issue appears due to the outdated or corrupted graphics driver pack. To update it:
- Press Windows + X keys to open the Quick Start Menu.
- Click on Device Manager from the list.
- Double-click on Display adapters to expand the list.
- Now, right-click on the dedicated graphics card.
- Select Update driver > Click on Search automatically for drivers.
- If there is an update available, it’ll automatically download and install the update.
- Once done, make sure to reboot your PC to apply changes.
2. Run Capcom InstallerMessage
If in case, you’re not getting the Capcom InstallerMessage popup on the screen while launching Brawlhalla, make sure to follow the steps below:
- Go to the Steam client > Head over to Library > Right-click on the Brawlhalla title.
- Click on Manage > Select Browse Local Files.
- A new window will open and you’ll need to locate the InstallerMessage.exe file.
- Just double-click on it and the Capcom InstallerMessage popup will appear.
- Now, click on the ‘I accept the above message’ checkbox to enable it.
- Finally, click on Exit, and run the game to check for the issue.
3. Add Media Feature Pack in Windows 10/11
It seems that the latest Media Feature Pack is either missing or not installed properly on your computer especially on Windows 10/11. If you’re feeling the same, follow the steps below:
- Press the Windows key or click on Start > Type Manage Optional Features.
- Click on it from the search result > Simply click on Add a feature.
- Here you’ll need to search for Windows Media Player.
- Once you see the add-on, click on it to select > Choose Install.
- So, after installing the Windows Media Player add-on, it should initiate the media feature pack on your computer.
However, if this is already installed that means there are no issues with the media feature pack. But you’ll need to install the latest version of the media feature pack accordingly.
- Here you can visit the official Microsoft website to get the Media Feature Pack for N versions of Windows 10/11.
- Make sure to select the latest edition of Windows that you’re currently using. However, if you’re not sure which edition or build is you’re currently using, you can follow below.
- So, click on the Start menu > Type in view PC and click on View your PC name from the search result.
- Here you’ll see the edition of Windows 10/11 on your computer that you’re currently using.
- Anything higher than the build 1903 which is probably what you’re using can be installed by clicking on the KB3145500 link for the Media Feature Pack for your version of Windows.
Please Note: For Windows 10/11 and later, you can add the Media Feature Pack by going to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps and features > Optional features > Add a feature > Media Feature Pack from the list of available optional features.
- Once done, make sure to restart your computer to change effects immediately, and try launching the Brawlhalla game again.
4. Install a Third-Party Codec Pack
However, if you’re still facing the Brawlhalla Black Screen issue on your PC, try installing the third-party codec pack (K-Lite Codec Pack) from this link. Simply click on Server 1 or Server 2 or Server 3 to download the installer.
5. Verify Integrity of Game Files
Verifying and repairing the game files method has become one of the most important things for PC gamers. Microsoft Windows OS doesn’t tell you if your installed game file becomes corrupted or missing for some unexpected reason. Therefore, if you’re facing issues with the game launching or even during the gameplay, make sure to check for potential errors.
- Open up Steam > Go to Library.
- Right-click on the Brawlhalla game.
- Click on Properties > Go to the Local Files tab.
- Select Verify Integrity of Game Files…
- This process will start verifying and checking all the installed game files whether there is a missing/corrupted file is located or not.
- Let the process be completed. Once done, close the Steam client, and restart your computer to apply changes.
- Finally, re-open Steam, and try running the Brawlhalla game again.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was useful to you. For additional queries, let us know in the comment below.