Brawlhalla is a 2D role-playing video game that comes as a free-to-play fighting title that has been developed by Blue Mammoth Games and published by Ubisoft. After releasing it for Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PS5, PS4, and mobile platforms, the PC version has also released in the later part. Unfortunately, players are facing the Brawlhalla Keeps Crashing issue on Windows 11/10.
According to multiple reports online, Brawlhalla PC version players are experiencing several issues while launching the game or during the multiplayer mode, and the startup crashing issue is one of them. If you’re also encountering the same problem then make sure to follow this troubleshooting guide completely.
It may also be possible that you’re facing the game doesn’t start, doesn’t install, no controls in-game, no sound. It’s needless to say that there are a couple of possible reasons that can be found behind the startup crashing issue. So, without wasting any more time, let’s get into the reasons and workarounds below.
Why Brawlhalla Crashes on your PC?
To be very precise, the Brawlhalla PC version game may start crashing randomly or quite often due to several possible reasons such as the game files are either corrupted or missing, you’re using an outdated Windows OS build, etc. Sometimes an outdated graphics driver version or overclocked CPU/GPU or running the game without having admin access may cause such an issue.
Fix: Brawlhalla Keeps Crashing on Windows 10
Follow all the methods one by one until the problem gets fixed for you.
1. Run As Administrator
It’s highly recommended to run your games and the client as an administrator in order to give proper access. Without the user account control access on your system, it’ll be hard enough to play games or open programs. To do this:
- Right-click on the Brawlhalla exe shortcut file on your PC.
- Now, select Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Enable the Run this program as an administrator checkbox.
- Click on Apply and select OK to save changes.
- Once done, you can try running Brawlhalla to check whether it’s crashing on the PC or not.
2. Update Windows OS Build
An outdated Windows OS build can trigger performance-related issues on your PC whatsoever. By updating the build, you’ll ensure that your PC games can run properly. To do that:
- Press Windows + I keys to open up the Windows Settings menu.
- Next, click on Update & Security > Select Check for updates under the Windows Update section.
- If there is a feature update available, select Download and install.
- It may take a while to complete the update.
- Once done, restart your computer to install the update.
- Finally, you can check whether the Brawlhalla Crashing issue has been fixed or not.
3. Update GPU Driver
Apart from updating Windows, it’s also highly recommended to update your graphics driver on your computer to run all programs smoothly. To do so:
- Right-click on the Start Menu to open up the Quick Start Menu.
- Click on Device Manager from the list.
- Now, double-click on the Display adapters category to expand the list.
- Then right-click on the dedicated graphics card name.
- Select Update driver > Choose Search automatically for drivers.
- If there is an update available, it’ll automatically download and install the latest version.
- Once done, make sure to reboot your computer to change effects.
4. Disconnect Additional Peripherals
The chances are high enough that your additional peripherals which are connected to your computer, may causing issues with the third-party software. It includes the printer, additional gaming accessories, external USB drives, external SSD/HDD, and more.
So, try disconnecting the unnecessarily connected peripherals from your computer to check for the issue.
5. Close Background Tasks
It’s needless to say that a couple of unnecessary background running tasks or programs can easily consume a lot of system resources on your computer that may reduce the performance. It directly affects your game launching, gameplay, rendering, other programs running, etc. It’s required to close such programs or tasks completely.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open up the Task Manager.
- Now, click on the Processes tab > Click to select tasks that are unnecessarily running in the background and consuming enough system resources.
- Click on End Task to close it one by one.
- Once done, restart your system.
- Finally, check if the Brawlhalla Crashing on PC has been resolved or not.
6. Verify Integrity of Game Files
Well, if your installed game files are missing or corrupted for some reason, you may start receiving multiple issues or crashes, or errors on your PC randomly. So, simply verifying the game files can reduce issues drastically. You can do this from the Steam client easily by following the steps below:
- Launch the Steam client > Go to Steam Library
- Right-click on Brawlhalla > Click on Properties
- Click on the Local Files tab
- Select Verify Integrity of Game Files
- Wait for the process to complete and then restart your game
7. Disable Overclocking
As most PC gamers want to get ultra-high performance from their installed CPU and GPU, they manually overclock the hardware. However, sometimes overclocking can reduce the gaming performance or your game starts crashing unexpectedly due to compatibility issues or bottleneck issues.
Therefore, you can use the MSI Afterburner tool or Zotac firestorm application to reduce the overclocking frequency or disable it to the default.
8. Try Reinstalling the Game
If your Brawlhalla game doesn’t run properly or randomly crashes while startup on your PC then you should try reinstalling the game completely. Sometimes an outdated game version or corrupted game files can only be fixed by reinstalling properly. To do so:
- Open the Steam client on your PC.
- Next, click on LIBRARY > Right-click on Brawlhalla from the left pane.
- Select Manage > Click on Uninstall.
- If prompted, click on Uninstall again to confirm the action.
- Wait for the process to complete > Once done, restart your computer to apply changes.
- Now, open the Steam client again and search for the Brawlhalla game.
- Then download and install the game again using the existing Steam account.
- Finally, run the Brawlhalla game and check whether it’s still crashing on your PC or not.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.