It seems that Call of Duty games are literally pushing its players one step back by releasing buggy or unstable patch updates most of the time. Recently, some of the players have started reporting that while trying to play multiplayer mode, the game download gets stopped at a certain update size. Now, the affected players are literally encountering this issue randomly and they can’t understand what’s causing this problem and how to fix it. If you’re also one of them, check the steps to fix Call of Duty Stops Downloading After New Update below.
According to the players, they have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, changing the region to a different location, and more. But none of them haven’t fixed the issue completely. Thanks to the Blizzard Custom Support Team for sharing a couple of possible troubleshooting steps that should work for most of the affected players. Let’s take a look.
Fix Call of Duty Stops Downloading After New Update
So, if your Call of Duty downloading stops or stuck in the middle of the new update at 0mb/s then you should follow the mentioned steps below.
- Make sure that there is enough space on your PC. Choose the installation drive properly and try managing more space in it.
- Launch Blizzard application > Head over to Modern Warfare > Then click on Options > Show in Explorer > Move the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare folder to the desktop or any other location.
- Next, fully close the Blizzard application.
- Relaunch the Blizzard application > It should say “Install” start the installation. Make sure to wait for a minute and then move the folder back into the install location. Now, reboot your PC and you can see the game update again in the client.
- Launch Blizzard application > Head over to Modern Warfare > Then click on Options > Show in Explorer > Delete or Move the ModernWarfare(.exe) and Modern Warfare Launcher(.exe) files.
- Finally, run the Repair and Scan. Launch Blizzard app > Click on the game > Click on Options > Select Scan and Repair > Begin Scan > Wait for the repair to finish. Once done, restart the PC.
That’s it, guys. We assume that you’ve found this article very helpful. For further queries, let us know in the comment below.