When it comes to the iconic Call of Duty first-person shooter video game in recent years, Modern Warfare is the perfect title for all Call of Duty lovers. Crossplay, free maps & modes with stunning graphics quality, enhanced audio quality, etc are some of the noticeable features. However, Call of Duty Modern Warfare has plenty of bugs or errors that you can’t deny and the Mouse Lag issue is one of them.
Mouse lag can appear on several video games especially while playing the online multiplayer mode. It basically registers a slower input ratio that means the mouse cursor movement runs behind your hand movement. So, while playing the online multiplayer mode or first-person shooter video games, it’s quite irritating because you may end up either losing the match or get killed by someone else very easily.
Fix: Call of Duty Modern Warfare Mouse Lag issue
So, if you’re also facing the same problem with your Call of Duty Modern Warfare game on your computer then make sure to follow this troubleshooting guide to fix it.
1. Update Mouse Driver
As the problem is specific to the mouse, it’s highly recommended to update the mouse driver on your Windows system at first. It should help you to fix the issue because an outdated or buggy mouse driver can obviously start troubling you in gaming where mouse movement and clicks are necessary for real-time. To do so:
- Press Windows + X keys to open the Quick Start Menu.
- Select Device Manager from the list.
- Now, double-click on Mice and other pointing devices to expand it.
- Right-click on the mouse device that you’re using.
- Select Update driver > Choose Search automatically for drivers.
- If the update is available, it’ll automatically download and install the update.
- Once done, make sure to restart your computer to apply changes.
However, if you’re not interested in performing these steps manually then make sure to download and install a third-party driver updater software online to do the job easily.
2. Adjust In-Game Mouse Settings
It can also possible that somehow your in-game mouse settings are causing issues with the gameplay. You can cross-check and adjust the settings by following the steps below:
- Launch Call of Duty Modern Warfare from the Battle.net client.
- Go to Options > Click on Keyboard & Mouse.
- Here you can adjust Mouse Sensitivity, ADS Mouse Sensitivity, Mouse Acceleration, Smoothing, Filtering, etc settings according to your preference.
Keep in mind that if the Mouse Acceleration and Mouse Filtering are set to a higher value, set them to 0.00 value then try running the game again.
3. Use Another USB Port
If the above methods don’t work for you, try using a different USB port for your mouse and check whether the Call of Duty Modern Warfare Mouse Lag issue has been fixed or not. If your mouse supports USB 2.0 or 3.0 then you can connect it to the respective USB port to make it more reliable.
4. Change Modern Warfare Task Priority
It seems that the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare task is running in the background and Windows 10 doesn’t consider it as a necessary task. So, we’ll recommend you to check the same and change the task priority in order to ask the Windows 10 system to allot more system resources for your game.
- Make sure that the Call of Duty Modern Warfare game is already running in the background. [Just open the game and exit to the desktop without closing the game]
- Now, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open Task Manager.
- Go to the Details tab > Locate the Modern Warfare game task.
- Right-click on the task and hover over the Set priority option.
- Next, click on Normal or High according to your preference. [Normal is recommended]
- Once done, close the Task Manager window and go back to the Modern Warfare game to check for the issue.
5. Reduce Mouse DPI (Sensitivity)
If in case, you’re using a gaming mouse or multi-DPI mouse then you should try increasing or decreasing the mouse DPI (sensitivity) value in order to cross-check whether the Call of Duty Modern Warfare Mouse Lag issue has been fixed or not. Just open the mouse configuration software and try to set the value lower or higher in order to fix the issue.
However, if you’ve a basic mouse then you can use the Windows default Mouse settings option by following the steps below:
- Press Windows + I keys to open Windows Settings.
- Now, click on Devices > Select Mouse from the left pane.
- Here you can increase or decrease the mouse cursor speed according to your preference.
- Additionally, you can choose and select the scrolling speed or sensitivity for your external mouse.
Whereas if you don’t use an external mouse and having issues with the touchpad on your laptop then do the following steps:
- Press Windows + I keys to open Windows Settings.
- Now, click on Touchpad > Here you can select your preferred cursor speed, touchpad sensitivity, multiple actions of the touchpad clicks, scrolling, zooming, gestures, and more.
6. Perform a Clean Boot
The chances are high enough that some of the installed third-party programs are conflicting with the system functions that can trigger the Call of Duty Modern Warfare Mouse Lag issue on Windows. So, it’s highly recommended to perform a clean boot in order to disable the third-party programs and performing the clean boot. To do this:
- Press Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Now, type msconfig and hit Enter to open the System Configuration window.
- Go to the Services tab > Enable the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox.
- Check all the services from the list and click on Disable all.
- Click on Apply and then OK to save changes.
- Now, click on the Startup tab > Click on Open Task Manager.
- Under the Startup tab from the Task Manager interface, click on the particular tasks which are enabled for startup boot > Click on Disable.
- Make sure to select and disable one by one.
- Once done, restart your computer to apply changes.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.