Developer and publisher Dani has done a great job with the Crab Game that’s a First-Person Multiplayer battle-royale kind of game, launched in October 2021. The game basically allows players to play through several different minigames based on children’s games until only one player becomes victorious. It has been loved and appreciated by plenty of players but some players are reporting that the Crab Game is Crashing on their PCs quite often or randomly.
There is nothing new to the PC games because most of the PC titles have some bugs or issues apart from the server-side errors that we can’t deny at all. Even though a game is coming from a popular franchise or developer and your PC is quite powerful to run that game, the chances are high enough that you’ll start encountering multiple issues whatsoever. It could include crashing, lagging, stutters, black screen, graphical glitches, and more.
- Why Does Crab Game Keep Crashing?
- How to Fix Crab Game Crashing on PC
- 1. Check System Requirements
- 2. Force Use Windowed Borderless Mode
- 3. Run the game as an administrator
- 4. Update GPU Drivers
- 5. Perform a Clean Boot
- 6. Close Unnecessary Background Tasks
- 7. Disable Antivirus and Firewall Program
- 8. Try Disabling Overlay Apps
- 9. Verify Integrity of Game Files on Steam
- 10. Update Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
- 11. Update DirectX
- 12. Disable CPU or GPU Overclocking
- 13. Check for Windows Updates
- 14. Update Crab Game
Why Does Crab Game Keep Crashing?
Starting off, it may be possible that the corrupted or missing game files on the Windows PC can cause several issues with the game launching and gameplay. While the outdated game version, outdated Windows OS build, unnecessary startup programs, overclocking CPU/GPU, running overlay apps in the background, some other third-party unnecessary background running tasks, etc can occur multiple issues.
Meanwhile, an incompatible PC configuration with the game’s system requirements, issues with the antivirus software blocking, outdated graphics drivers, outdated DirectX version, outdated Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables, fullscreen borderless display mode, and more can cause several issues with the system performance. It’ll eventually start crashing or lagging the game files while launching on the PC.
How to Fix Crab Game Crashing on PC
Luckily, there are a couple of possible workarounds mentioned below that should gonna help you out. So, without further ado, let’s jump into it.
1. Check System Requirements
First, you should check the system requirements of the Crab Game whether it’s compatible with your PC version or not. If your PC isn’t meeting the system requirements of the game, keep in mind that you’ll face issues with the game launching or gameplay every time.
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 7
- Processor: Intel Core i3 2,00 GHz
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: Intel HD 520
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 200 MB available space
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 10
- Processor: Intel Core I5-4440 3,10 GHz
- Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX650
- Storage: 200 MB available space
2. Force Use Windowed Borderless Mode
You should also try to force run the game via windowed borderless screen mode rather than the fullscreen mode. To do so:
- Open Steam > Go to Library > Right-click on Crab Game.
- Now, click on Properties > Click on the General tab > Go to Set Launch Options.
- Here type this command-line argument -windowed –noborder on the field.
- Restart the Steam client to apply changes.
3. Run the game as an administrator
Make sure to run the game exe file as an administrator to avoid user account control regarding privilege issues. You should also run the Steam client as an administrator on your PC. To do this:
- Right-click on the Crab Game exe shortcut file on your PC.
- Now, select Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Make sure to click on the Run this program as an administrator checkbox to checkmark it.
- Click on Apply and select OK to save changes.
Make sure to do the same steps for the Steam client too. It should help you to fix the Crab Game issue on your PC.
4. Update GPU Drivers
Somehow it may also be possible that your graphics driver hasn’t been updated for a while. If that’s the case, then make sure to update the graphics drivers on your PC to remove potential glitches whatsoever. To do so:
- Press Windows + X keys to open the Quick Link Menu.
- Now, click on Device Manager from the list > Double-click on Display adapters.
- Right-click on the dedicated graphics card that you’re using.
- Next, select Update driver > Choose to Search automatically for drivers.
- If there is an update available, the system will automatically download & install it.
- Once done, restart the computer to apply changes immediately.
5. Perform a Clean Boot
Some of the apps and their services may start automatically while booting the system right away. In that case, those apps or services will definitely gonna use a lot of internet connection as well as system resources. If you’re also feeling the same, make sure to perform a clean boot on your computer to check for the issue. To do that:
- Press Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Now, type msconfig and hit Enter to open System Configuration.
- Go to the Services tab > Enable the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox.
- Click on Disable all > Click on Apply and then OK to save changes.
- Now, go to the Startup tab > Click on Open Task Manager.
- The Task Manager interface will open. Here go to the Startup tab.
- Then click on the particular task which has a higher startup impact.
- Once selected, click on Disable to turn them off from the startup process.
- Do the same steps for each program that has a higher startup impact.
- Once done, make sure to restart your computer to apply changes.
6. Close Unnecessary Background Tasks
Whenever there is a couple of unnecessary background running tasks that appear and seem to be third-party sources, make sure to close them one by one to reduce consumption of CPU/Memory usage. To do this:
- Press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open Task Manager.
- Click on the Processes tab > Select the task that you want to close.
- Once selected, click on End Task. Make sure to do the steps for each task individually.
- Once done, just restart your computer to change effects immediately.
7. Disable Antivirus and Firewall Program
It’s worth recommending to disable the antivirus program as well as the firewall protection on your computer to check for the issue. Sometimes the aggressive antivirus or security protection software can prevent game files to run properly or find them as viruses which basically trouble you to launch them or play them smoothly. To do that:
- Click on the Start menu > Type Control Panel and open it.
- Now, type firewall in the search box > Click on Windows Firewall.
- From the left pane, click on Turn Windows Firewall on or off.
- Make sure to select Turn off Windows Firewall for the Private, Domain, and Public Network Settings.
- Finally, reboot the PC to apply changes, and try checking the issue.
Now, you’ll have to disable the antivirus protection from your computer. To do so:
- Head over to the Windows Settings > Privacy and Security.
- Now, go to Windows Security > Virus & threat protection.
- Click on Manage settings >Then turn off the Real-time Protection option.
- Once done, make sure to reboot your PC to apply changes.
Even if you’re using any other third-party antivirus software on your PC then make sure to turn it off as well.
8. Try Disabling Overlay Apps
It seems that a couple of popular apps do have their own overlay program that can eventually run in the background and cause issues with the gaming performance or even launching issues. You should turn them off to fix the issue by following the steps below:
Disable Discord Overlay
- Launch the Discord app > Click on the gear icon at the bottom.
- Click on Overlay under App Settings > Turn on the Enable in-game overlay.
- Click on the Games tab > Select Crab Game.
- Finally, turn off the Enable in-game overlay toggle.
- Make sure to reboot your PC to apply changes.
Disable Xbox Game Bar
- Press Windows + I keys to open Windows Settings.
- Click on Gaming > Go to Game Bar > Turn off Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar option.
If in case, you’re unable to find out the Game Bar option then just search for it from the Windows Settings menu.
Disable Nvidia GeForce Experience Overlay
- Launch the Nvidia GeForce Experience app > Head over to Settings.
- Click on the General tab > Disable the In-Game Overlay option.
- Finally, restart the PC to apply changes, and launch the game again.
Also do keep in mind that you should disable some other overlay apps like MSI Afterburner, Rivatuner, RGB software, or any other third-party overlay apps that run in the background always.
9. Verify Integrity of Game Files on Steam
If in case, there is an issue with the game files and somehow it gets corrupted or missing then make sure to perform this method to easily check for the issue.
- Launch Steam > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Crab Game from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, just restart your computer.
It should fix the Crab Game Crashing issue on your PC.
10. Update Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
- Go to this link and download the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable file on your PC.
- Install it properly and reboot the system to apply changes.
11. Update DirectX
- Head over to this Microsoft link to download the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer on your PC.
- Next, install or update the DirectX version manually.
- Once done, restart your computer to apply changes.
If you’re already using the latest version of DirectX on your computer then it should run the game properly. At the time of writing this article, the DirectX 12 version is the latest one. Now, the Crab Game game crashing should have been fixed.
12. Disable CPU or GPU Overclocking
It’s also worth mentioning not to enable CPU/GPU overclocking on your PC if your game is crashing or stuttering a lot. We can understand that overclocking CPU/GPU can make a huge impact in improving gameplay but sometimes it may also cause issues with the bottleneck or compatibility too. Just set the frequency to default for optimal performance.
13. Check for Windows Updates
The chances are high that your Windows OS build becomes outdated enough or corrupted. If you’re also feeling the same then make sure to follow the steps below to check for Windows updates. If the update is available then just install it. The latest software updates always offer bug fixes and improvements. To do this:
- Press Windows + I keys to open up the Windows Settings menu.
- Next, click on Update & Security > Select Check for updates under the Windows Update section.
- If there is a feature update available, select Download and install.
- Wait for some time until the update gets completed.
- Finally, reboot your PC to apply changes immediately.
14. Update Crab Game
If in case, you haven’t updated your Crab Game game for a while then make sure to follow the steps below to check for updates and install the latest patch (if available). To do this:
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library > Click on Crab Game from the left pane.
- It’ll automatically search for the available update. If there is an update available, make sure to click on Update.
- It may take some time to install the update > Once done, make sure to close the Steam client.
- Finally, reboot your PC to apply changes, and then try launching the game again.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.