Fitbit Versa is regarded as one of the best fitness trackers out there. It is a great alternative for people who are looking for fitness watches at an affordable price. But it is still a gadget, which means it will show up problems every once for the users. One particular problem reported by many users recently is the issue with the device not turning on.
The issue started with the device turning off suddenly and then not turning on. To fix this, there are different solutions that you can try, and here in this article, we have listed all of them. One of the solutions mentioned below will help you fix your problem with the Fitbit Versa. So without any further ado, let’s get into it.
How to fix Fitbit Versa won’t Turn On?
Fitbit Versa comes with a host of features that include heart rate monitoring and other health guidances. And keeping the device in working condition is a priority for every Fitbit Versa. So let’s see what we can do to ensure that.
Charge your Versa:
The common reason behind your versa not turning on is the battery drainage issue. Generally, the lithium-polymer battery can provide a battery backup of 4 days. So first, try charging up your device for a while and then check whether that resolves the issue.
- Plug the cable into the USB port on your computer, or use a certified USB wall charger.
- Pinch the spring clip on the other end to place the Versa in place while charging. Make sure the hold-coloured contacts on the back of the watch align with the pins on the charging cable.
- If the connection is secure, you will see a percent amount appear on the screen. Wait till this reaches 100%.
If you are unable to charge your device, try the next solution.
Check whether the charger is working:
If the cable or the adapter on the charger of the Fitbit is damaged by any means, it is time you get them replaced. It may be visual damage or damage to the internal wires of the cable. To verify the condition of your charger, you could try using the charger on your friend or family member’s Fitbit Versa. It is surely a faulty charger problem if it does not charge that other versa device.
Clean The Port:
Sometimes a lot of dust could accumulate in the region that comes in contact between the charger and the Fitbit Versa, limiting the charging process. To fix this, try using an eraser and rubbing it on the ports. You can also try using a Q tip with rubbing alcohol and get rid of all the dust in the port region of the charger and the device.
If the problem continues, try the next solution.
Restart the device:
As a quick hack, you could try restarting your device entirely.
- Press and hold the back and bottom buttons on the versa until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen.
- Holding the back button for 10 seconds will also do the trick if you are using the Fitbit Versa Lite edition.
- Once the logo appears, let go of the buttons.
If the restart method does not work, try the next solution.
Set software to defaults:
If none of the solutions mentioned above worked for you, then it is time you give resetting to factory reset a try. Do keep in mind that factory reset will erase all your data that is synced to the Fitbit account.
- Press and hold three buttons for at least twelve seconds to initiate the process. You will have to press and hold all the three buttons, that is, top left and bottom buttons.
- The Fitbit logo will appear on the screen. As soon as it disappears, leave the bottom right button right away and continue to hold the left button and the top-right button unless the watch vibrates. The vibration indicates that the factory reset was complete.
- Once the Fitbit boots up again, go to Fitbit.com/setup to set up your device again.
- If you leave the bottom right button late or early, the factory reset process won’t be initiated. It will simply boot the device with a factory reset.
If even factory reset did not solve your problem, try the final solution mentioned below.
Since you have tried everything possible to try from your end, there is only external help that you can seek now. You should try the support team of Fitbit and let them know about your problem with the Fitbit Versa. They might be able to give you a solution that solves the problem entirely.
They might even ask you to get the Fitbit Versa repaired if they suspect something is wrong with the hardware. One of the first things that stop functioning properly in a device is its battery. Even with your issue with the Fitbit Versa not turning on, the problem could be related to the battery on your device too. To solve this, you will have to get the battery inside the watch replaced entirely manually. For this, seek help from a professional as a simple installation error could result in a short circuit.
So this is all about the different solutions you can try to fix Fitbit Versa not turning on issue. If you have any questions or queries about this article, comment below, and we will get back to you. Also, be sure to check out our other articles on iPhone tips and tricks, Android tips and tricks, PC tips and tricks, and much more for more useful information.