Gears 5 is only available for the Xbox lineup consoles and Microsoft Windows platforms. However, it seems that more and more bugs or errors are appearing to the PC gamers rather than the Xbox console users. Though the Gears 5 game is well-known among the third-person shooter video gamers due to its gameplay or graphics, several players are encountering issues with the ‘Error Failed to Save Game 0x00001ced’ whenever they’re trying to save the game progress. If you’re also one of the victims, make sure to check out this troubleshooting guide completely.
To be very precise, there is no PC game available that doesn’t have any bugs or errors whether a newly released or older one. Talking about the particular 0x00001ced error, either the game files are failed to save or the game system can’t save the progress data by any means. Now, plenty of affected PC players have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game but that didn’t work for all. Luckily, we’ve shared a couple of possible workarounds that should fix this error completely.
Fix: Gears 5 Error Failed to Save Game 0x00001ced
The chances are high that maybe you haven’t allowed the admin access to your system to run the game properly. That’s why the game progress save may get failed. So, it’s better to allow admin access to your system by following the steps below. Additionally, it can possible that Microsoft OneDrive is interfering with your game saves. Otherwise, Windows Defender Firewall or any third-party antivirus software is preventing your game files to save on your computer.
1. Run as Administrator
- Right-click on the Gears 5 exe file (desktop shortcut).
- Go to Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Enable the checkbox ‘Run this program as administrator’.
- Click on Apply and then OK to save changes.
- Once done, do the same steps for the Steam client too.
- Finally, try saving the game progress and check if it works or not.
2. Disable OneDrive Backup
Try disabling the Microsoft OneDrive Backup and cloud sync option for your Documents and Downloads folder placed in the C drive. Sometimes auto backup data option can cause multiple issues with the game save data on your local drive. Just open the OneDrive software on your PC and turn off the backup options.
If this particular software isn’t necessary, make sure to sign out from the OneDrive account and uninstall it from the Control Panel. Check whether this problem has been fixed or not.
3. Disable Security Software
If in case, the gears 5 error failed to save the game still appears, try disabling the real-time protection off.
- Click on the Start menu > Go to Settings.
- Select Update & Security > Windows Security.
- Go to Virus & Threat Protection > Manage ransomware protection.
- Turn Off the Controlled folder access.
- Additionally, turn off the Real-time protection for the Defender.
- Go to the Windows Firewall protection and turn it off.
- Last but not the least, if you’re using any third-party antivirus program, make sure to turn it off as well.
That’s it, guys. We assume you’re now able to save the Gears 5 game progress on your PC. For additional queries, let us know in the comment below.