In this guide, we will show you the steps to fix the Google Chrome Err_Cache_Miss Error. While the browser market is seeing quite a tough competition in recent times, yet it might take some time before dethroning Chrome from its top position. It has been always the go-to choice for many users for a long time. However, in spite of all the goodies, it occasionally faces a few hiccups as well. In this regard, the above-mentioned error seems to quite troublesome for a lot of users.
More often than not, this message takes the form of Confirm Form Resubmission. Suppose you have filled in a particular form (be it your address, payment details, etc) and tried to submit it to a particular site. However, while the data packets left your source IP, it wasn’t able to reach its intended destination. In that case, you might get the Google Chrome Err_Cache_Miss error. With that said, this guide will make you aware of all the plausible reasons for this error and more importantly how to fix it. Follow along.
Table of Contents
How to Fix: Google Chrome Err_Cache_Miss Error
As to the reason behind this, well, there could be quite a few ones. To begin it, it could just be a temporary interruption in the internet or issues with the browser data. Along the same lines, the outdated Chrome browser or its associated third-party extension might also throw in the said error. Likewise, issues with your browser settings, network settings, or even Chrome’s cache settings might also result in this error. With that said, this guide will show you how to rectify the aforementioned issues which in turn will fix the Google Chrome Err_Cache_Miss Error as well.
Fix 1: Reload the Webpage
In most instances, just a simple reload of the affected webpage is enough to fix this issue. So click on the Reload icon situated left of the address bar and wait for the page to load again. Once done, see if the issue has been rectified or not.
Fix 2: Update Browser
If you are using an old outdated Chrome browser, then the chances of getting bugged with issues are quite high. As a result, we would suggest you update the browser to the latest build. Here’s how it could be done:
- Launch the Chrome browser on your PC
- Click on the overflow icon situated at the top right and select Settings.
- Then select About Chrome from the left menu bar.
- Chrome will then automatically search for the latest version and if found will install it as well.
- Once the installation is complete, restart your browser and check if the Google Chrome Err_Cache_Miss Error has been fixed or not.
Fix 3: Clear Browser Data
If a lot of temporary data has been accrued over time, then it might conflict with the proper functioning of the browser. Furthermore, the issue only gets worsened if the data gets corrupted. Hence it is recommended to delete the browser data including cookies and cache. Follow the below steps for that:
- Open the Chrome browser and click on the overflow icon situated at the top right.
- Select More Tools > Clear Browsing Data.
- Then tick mark Browsing History, Cookies and other Site data, and Cached images and files.
- Finally, hit the Clear Data button and wait for the process to finish.
- Once done, restart the browser and see if it fixes the Google Chrome Err_Cache_Miss Error.
Fix 4: Disable Third Party Extension
Some third-party extensions might also cause an issue with the proper working of a browser. The safest bet is then to disable these extensions one by one until you are able to identify the culprit, which should then be removed from your browser.
- So launch Chrome and click on the overflow icon situated at the top right
- Select More Tools > Extensions. You should now be taken to the list of installed extensions.
- Disable the toggle next to each of them until the Google Chrome Err_Cache_Miss Error gets fixed.
- It is also recommended that you disable that extension that you wouldn’t face the same issue in the near future.
Fix 5: Reset Network Settings
Resetting the Network settings by flushing the current DNS and IP configurations and then renewing a new one fixes most of the underlying network issues, and it could well rectify this browser issue as well. So head over to the Start menu and launch Command Prompt as an admin. Then execute the below commands one at a time, i.e, type in the first command, hit Enter, type in the next one, and so on:
ipconfig/release ipconfig/all ipconfig/flushdns ipconfig/renew netsh int ip set dns netsh winsock reset ipconfig renew ipconfig renew
Once you have executed all the above commands, check if it fixes the Google Chrome Err_Cache_Miss Error or not.
Fix 6: Disable Cache
The cache stores temporary data so that the next time you load a particular page, the browser could use that stored data rather than loading it from scratch. While this saves time, yet as of now, there seem to be some issues with the browser cache settings. Hence disabling the Chrome cache might help you fix the issue. Just make sure you are currently on the page that is showing the Err_Cache_Miss message and then proceed with the below steps:
- Launch Chrome on your PC and click on the overflow icon situated at the top-right
- Select More tools > Developer tools.
- Now tick-mark the Disable Cache option situated at the top menu bar.
- Reload the web page and see if the Google Chrome Err_Cache_Miss Error has been fixed or is still there.
Fix 7: Reset Browser
If none of the aforementioned tweaks managed to give out favorable results, then you might have to reset the Chrome browser. It will reset all the settings to its default state and will also delete all the temporary data. With that in mind, follow along:
- Launch Chrome on your PC and go to Settings.
- Then go to the Advanced section and scroll to the Reset and clean up section.
- Click on Restore settings to their original defaults.
- Finally, click on the Reset Settings button and wait for the process to finish.
- Once the process is finished, restart the browser and the issue should now be rectified.
So with this, we conclude the guide on how to fix the Google Chrome Err_Cache_Miss Error. we have shared seven different methods for the same. Do let us know which of them managed to spell out success in your case. Along the same lines, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Tricks that you should check out as well.