Are you a Xiaomi Redmi Go device user and facing issues with the invalid IMEI or unknown IMEI baseband? Then don’t worry. We got you covered. Here in this guide, we’ve provided the full guide on How to Repair unknown IMEI baseband on the Xiaomi Redmi Go device easily. To recall, the handset launched in January 2019 with the Qualcomm MSM8917 Snapdragon 425 SoC, 1GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, and runs on Android 8.1 Oreo (Go edition) out-of-the-box.
Now, talking about the IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number, it’s a unique 15-digit code that precisely identifies the device model whether you’ve used a SIM card or not. It’s worth mentioning that each and every IMEI number is unique and individually assigned to each and every mobile phone worldwide. You can also check the IMEI number on any phone by typing the *#06# on the dialer or Phone app.
We all know that a SIM card can be changed easily from a mobile phone. Therefore, the IMEI number comes in handy to track any particular device across the globe. Now, if you want to use a mobile device to use a SIM then it’s necessary to work the IMEI number properly. Meanwhile, the IMEI number can get corrupted or invalid or null while flashing any third-party firmware or any custom file on your device. Therefore, you should fix that issue for your Xiaomi Redmi Go model.
Redmi Go: Device Overview
Xiaomi Redmi Go was announced in February 2019 which sports a 5-inch IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels with 296 PPI pixel density. The device is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
Xiaomi Redmi Go is powered by a Qualcomm MSM8917 Snapdragon 425 (28 nm) chipset coupled with 1GB of RAM and 8/16GB of internal storage. It also supports a 128GB external memory card. The device came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo and was backed by a 3000 mAh battery (Non-removable).
As far as the camera is concerned, the device has a single-camera setup with 8MP primary sensors and a selfie camera with a 5MP lens. Other connectivity option includes 4G-VoLTE, GPS, Glonass, Bluetooth, Mobile Hotspot, accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and compass/ magnetometer. etc.
Steps to Repair and Fix IMEI number on Xiaomi Redmi Go
Here you will get an easy guide to repair and restore the IMEI number on your Xiaomi Redmi Go device by using the QCN Rebuilder Tool. This tool is free of cost and easy to use even if you’re new to this process. Now, before heading over to the guide, let’s follow all the requirements and download the links below.
Now, let’s check out the download links and requirements below.
- This guide and QCN file are for the Xiaomi Redmi Go model only.
- Your device should be charged up to 50% at least.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required.
- Keep a full backup of the device data before doing anything.
- Enable USB Debugging. Check the video guide.
- Download all the files and tools from above.
IMEI Rebuilding and Restore Guide
- After downloading, install and run the QCN Rebuilder tool on your PC.
- Click on Open file and select the Redmi Go QCN file.
- Now, replace the IMEI with the original IMEI number.
- Click on Rebuild.
- Next, connect your phone to a PC using a USB cable.
- Open dial pad on your device and type this code *#*#717717#*#* to enable diagnostic mode.
- If the above code doesn’t work, use CMD on your PC by following the commands below.
adb shell su setprop sys.usb.config rndis,diag,adb
- Then run the QPST tool on your computer.
- Click on the Restore tab > select the rebuilt QCN file > click on Restore.
- You’re done.
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve found this guide useful for your Redmi Go. If you’re facing any issues, feel free to ask in the comments below.