OnePlus Buds was a big success for the company as many saw it as an Airpods alternative at a much lower. It does offer a lot of similar features, and many people were looking for something like this. OnePlus followed the OnePlus Buds with the OnePlus Buds Z, an even more affordable TWS option with some compromises in terms of the overall sound to keep up with success. But this new version of the OnePlus Buds, the OnePlus Buds Z, had the same problems as the original buds.
Many users have reported that they have witnessed Bluetooth discoverability issues with both the OnePlus Buds and the OnePlus Buds Z. The Earbuds are just not showing up in the user’s smartphone when he/she is looking for it in the Bluetooth menu. So we have compiled this article with the probable causes and all the possible solutions for this problem. So now, without any further ado, let’s get into it.
How to fix OnePlus Buds/Z Not Showing in Bluetooth?
To discover the OnePlus Buds or Buds Z, you must first set them in the pairing mode. If they are not in the pairing mode, they won’t show up on any device. Again, if the Buds or Buds Z have enough power on them, they won’t show up. Thirdly, if the Bluetooth parameters of the earphones are incorrectly configured, that might stop the Buds or Buds Z from showing up on the smartphone’s Bluetooth menu.
Charge the OnePlus Buds or the OnePlus Buds Z:
Ensure that your buds are properly charged up. IF you are not sure about it, place the buds in the charging case and open up the lid. Check whether the indicator here is steady or not. If the indicator is not steady, it means that you are low on power. You need to insert the charging cable into the charging case and charge up the earphones in such a case.
Set them to the pairing mode:
If the buds are charged up but you still can’t detect them, they might not be in the pairing mode.
- Place both the earbuds into the charging case and close the cover.
- Open the cover on the case again after 10 seconds.
- Press and hold the setup button on the charging box for 2 seconds.
- The LED indicator on the charging case will blink, meaning that buds are now in a pairable state. Now search for the buds on your phone again and then connect to them.
Factory reset the OnePlus Buds or OnePlus Buds Z:
If none of the solutions mentioned above worked for you, then it is a Bluetooth configuration issue. Factory resetting the OnePlus Buds/Z should get rid of the problem.
- Place the buds into the charging case and keep the cover open.
- Press and hold the setup button on the charging box for 10 seconds. Don’t let go of the button until you see the LED indicator light blinking red 5 times.
- Now search for the buds on your phone again and then pair with them.
One of the solutions mentioned above should help you with your problem with the OnePlus Buds/Z. If, for some reason, the problem continues, visit the nearest OnePlus center and inform them about your problem.
If you have any questions or queries about this article, then comment below, and we will get back to you. Also, be sure to check out our other articles on iPhone tips and tricks, Android tips and tricks, PC tips and tricks, and much more for more useful information.