Pokemon Sleep is the latest video game in the Pokemon franchise that basically allows users to set a sleeping goal every night to get a good amount of sleep on time to get maximum rewards. Unfortunately, most video games come with bugs or stability issues that we can’t deny. Meanwhile, the beta version can also cause multiple conflicts. But somehow the Pokemon Sleep 009901 Error Code is getting frustrating to several users irrespective of their mobile devices.
Whenever users or players try to run the Pokemon Sleep game on a mobile device, the “Error Code: 009901” message appears on the screen. This particular error code indicates that the handset you’re using is either incompatible with the Pokemon Sleep application or the app has become outdated. Sometimes corrupted game application or the app cache data issue can also trouble you a lot. So, if you’re also facing the same issue, make sure to check out this article.
Fix: Pokemon Sleep 009901 Error Code
Luckily, here we’ve provided you with a couple of potential workarounds that should help in resolving such an issue. Ensure to check out all the methods below until the problem has been fixed. So, without further ado, let’s jump into it.
1. Reboot the Handset
Before performing any other workarounds, make sure to restart your Android or iOS device manually. It’ll ensure whether the device cache or temporary glitch is bothering you or not. It seems that a normal reboot of the device might help in fixing the error code 010100.
2. Update the Pokemon Sleep Game
You’ll need to check for the Pokemon Sleep application update manually on your respective device by following the steps below. An outdated application version can always cause several issues with the app launching or running whatsoever.
- Open the Google Play Store app > Tap on the hamburger menu icon.
- Next, tap on My Apps & Games > Check for the Pokémon Sleep app update.
- If so, just tap on the Update button next to the app and wait for it to install.
- Once done, make sure to open the Pokémon Sleep app.
- Then check for the issue. You can also restart your handset to refresh the system and app data.
For iOS (iPhone):
- Open the Apple App Store application on the iPhone.
- Now, tap on the Profile Picture icon from the top-right corner.
- Scroll down a bit to see which apps are available for update.
- Check whether the Pokémon Sleep app update is on the list or not.
- Tap on the Update button, if available.
- Wait for the installation process to complete.
3. Clear the Cache and Storage Data
If in case, you’re trying to run Pokémon Sleep on your Android device then try clearing the app cache data and the storage data from the settings menu of the application to refresh glitches. Sometimes outdated or corrupted app cache data can also cause several issues whatsoever.
Note: There is no option to do this on iPhone. Only a simple restart will do the job.
- Go to the device Settings menu.
- Head over to Apps & Notifications.
- Now, tap on See All Apps > Go to Pokémon Sleep under the App info section.
- Tap on Storage & Cache.
- Next, tap on Clear Cache > Once done, tap on Storage & Cache.
- Then tap on Clear Storage.
4. Delete the Account and Create A New Account
Well, if you’re still experiencing the 009901 Error Code in Pokemon Sleep then make sure to delete the existing account and create a new account to fix this issue. Rerolling in Pokemon Sleep is a common thing by chatting with the in-game professor rather than waiting for hours. To create a new account, follow the steps below:
- Open the Pokemon Sleep game.
- Tap on Main Menu on the Snorlax screen.
- Choose Settings and More.
- Tap on General Settings.
- Go to the Other tab.
- Scroll down and select Delete My Account.
- Again confirm by selecting Delete Account.
Please Note: Do keep in mind that the deletion process of the account may take up to 24 hours to complete in the back of the server. So, you may need to wait for a day. Once your account is deleted, you can simply launch the game, and create a new one. If anything doesn’t take effect, make sure to delete the app cache data again as mentioned in method 03 and try reinstalling by following the next method. After doing so, open it, and the account creation option will appear.
5. Reinstall Pokemon Sleep
If none of the methods worked for you then make sure to uninstall and reinstall the Pokémon Sleep game application on your mobile. It’ll eventually delete all the application data and refresh its data which should fix the issue. To do so:
- Tap and hold the Pokémon Sleep icon to bring the pop-up menu.
- Now, tap on Uninstall. [You can also go to App Info and select Uninstall]
- Once uninstalled completely, just reboot your mobile.
- Finally, go to the Google Play Store app > Search for Pokémon Sleep and tap on Install.
For iOS (iPhone):
- Tap and hold the Pokémon Sleep icon from the home screen on your iPhone.
- Now, select Remove App from the pop-up menu.
- Tap on Delete App and the system will again ask you whether to delete the app or not.
- Select the Delete button to uninstall it.
- Next, open the Apple App Store application on your iPhone.
- Tap on the Search icon and type Pokémon Sleep.
- Search for the application > Tap on the Get button (Cloud download icon).
- Please wait for it to install completely and then start using it.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.