RuneScape is a popular multiplayer online game. Many players love the game due to its free-playing abilities and availability on a web browser. But some RuneScape users claim that whenever they try to open the game launcher, the “RuneScape client suffered from an error” shows up on their computer screens.
The error has been reported on Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10. And there are a lot of potential issues that can give rise to this error. If you are someone who is dealing with this same issue, then don’t worry. In this article, we will teach you how to tackle the issues one by one and solve the error from your Windows computer.
- A list of reasons behind the “RuneScape client suffered from an error”-
- Solutions to Fix the “Runescape client suffered from an error”:
A list of reasons behind the “RuneScape client suffered from an error”-
As it turns out, the error has been occurring due to various reasons. So, we have jotted down a list of common reasons that can create this error.
- Outdated Windows
- The GPU drivers on your Windows computer are outdated or corrupted
- Issues with your current Windows profile
- Incompatibility between Windows 10 and the version of NXT RuneScape Client
- Corrupted RuneScape cache folders
Now that you have become familiar with the issues behind the “Runescape client suffered from an error,” let’s find out how to solve them.
Also Read: Fix: Runescape Crashing or Not Starting on Windows 10
Solutions to Fix the “Runescape client suffered from an error”:
Solution 1: Update your Windows
When you update your Windows, any previous bugs present on your computer gets fixed. Updating your Windows will also fix the AMD GPU drivers. The AMU GPUs are not supported by their proprietary utility (Adrenalin). The drivers will get updated with the Windows Update components. So, follow these steps and update your Windows.
- Press Windows key +R.
- Type “ms-settings:windowsupdate” and press Enter or click OK.
- In the right pane, you have to choose the “Check for Updates” option.
- Then, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the updating process.
- After you update your Windows, restart your computer and check for the error.
Solution 2: Update GPU drivers manually
If you are already using the latest Windows version, then the problem may lie with the GPU drivers. Here’s a quick guide for you by following which you will be able to update the GPU drivers and the physics module used by Runescape.
- Press Windows key+R.
- Type “devmgmt.msc” and press Enter.
- The Device Manager will open up.
- Go through the list of installed devices and find the Display adapters.
- Double-click on the Display adapters to expand it, then choose the GPU drivers that you use to play RuneScape.
- Right-click on the GPU driver and then choose the Update driver option.
- If your laptop or PC has both a dedicated and an integrated GPU, then you have to update both the drivers.
- On the next screen you need to click Search Automatically for updated driver software. (The system will automatically search for updated driver software).
- Then, you have to follow the on-screen instructions to install the latest drivers.
- You can also go to the GPU manufacturer’s website and download the latest version of drivers.
- After you update the drivers, restart your computer.
- Check for the error by opening the game launcher.
Solution 3: Run the NXT Client in compatibility mode
The NXT Client incompatibility issue is one of the most common reasons for the “Runescape client suffered from an error.” It has been reported by several Windows 10 users. But you can easily solve this issue by running the NXT RuneScape Client in a compatible Windows version. Follow these steps to fix the error.
- Find the main NXT RuneScape launcher in the location where you have installed RuneScape.
- Then, right-click on the main NXT RuneScape launcher and choose the Properties option.
- Here, you can select the Compatibility tab and go to the Compatibility mode section.
- There you have to check the box beside “Run this program in compatibility mode for“
- Then, choose Windows 7.
- Select “Apply” to save the changes.
- Try looking for the error this time.
Solution 4: Cleaning the RuneScape cache folders (Jagex cache)
If you are still struggling with the error, you should think about cleaning the two important cache folders of RuneScape. Corrupted cache data can create different errors. So, to solve this issue, follow the steps given below and clean the two cache folders related to the main RuneScape launcher.
- Close RuneScape and its associative background processes.
- Press Windows key +R.
- Type the following command in the box and press Enter
- The first RuneScape cache folder will open up.
- Press Ctrl+A to select all the contents from that folder and right-click on a selected item to choose the Delete option.
- Again, press Windows key +R.
- Type the following command in the box and click Enter
- The second RuneScape cache folder will open up.
- Press Ctrl+A to select all the contents from the second folder.
- Right-click on a selected item to choose the Delete option.
- After you delete the cache data from both the folders, restart your computer.
- Try to relaunch RuneScape and see if you can find the error.
Solution 5: Change your Windows User Account
If none of the above-mentioned solutions came into your use, then the problem lies with your current Windows profile. Specific applications from your profile may interfere with the RuneScape app.
Note: These steps are applicable for Windows 10.
To fix this issue, you can follow these steps and create a new Windows user account.
- Press Windows key +R.
- Type “ms-settings:otherusers” and press Enter.
- From inside the Settings tab, choose the Family & other people tab.
- Go to the Other Users section.
- Select the Add someone else on this PC option.
- You can put the necessary details associated with your other Microsoft account (if you have any) or choose the “I don’t have this person’s sign-in information” option.
- In the next step, you can select the Add a user without a Microsoft account
- You have to create a username and password for your new account.
- Answer a security question, then click “Next.”
- After the process is complete, restart your computer.
- Log in with your new user account and launch RuneScape.
RuneScape is a fun game. And we know how much it can be frustrating when you get interrupted while playing your favorite game. But you don’t have to worry about the “Runescape client suffered from an error” anymore.
We have provided you with a list of easy and effective solutions. Use the solutions following the instructions and see which solution comes in your use. We hope you will be able to solve the error by following our solutions and continue playing RuneScape. After reading this article if you have any queries or feedback, please write down the comment in the below comment box.