When it comes to the free-to-play and massively multiplayer online military video game, War Thunder is one of the most comprehensive titles we’ve seen so far. It includes aviation, armoured vehicles, naval craft, and more. This is the most advanced modern combat video game dedicated to the early 20th century where players can join and participate in critical battles via air, land, sea, etc. However, some players are experiencing the War Thunder Create File Failed With 32 error on the PC.
As per multiple reports, affected players are claiming that the “error 30005: CreateFile failed with 32” error occurs whenever they try to launch the War Thunder game on the PC version via Steam. While running games protected by Easy Anti-Cheat (EAC), an anti-cheat service used by multiplayer games that prevents online hacking or cheating, it eventually appears. In case, you’re encountering this specific error message, you can check out this troubleshooting guide.
- Fix War Thunder Create File Failed With 32
- 1. Restart the PC
- 2. Run War Thunder as an Administrator
- 3. Check for War Thunder Updates
- 4. Verify and Repair the Game Files
- 5. Delete the EasyAntiCheat.Sys File
- 6. Repair Easy Anti-Cheat System
- 7. Disable Antivirus
- 8. Turn Off Windows Firewall
- 9. Close Background Running Tasks
- 10. Update Necessary Device Drivers
- 11. Perform a Clean Boot
- 12. Enable the Easy Anti-Cheat Service
- 13. Reinstall EAC
- 14. Contact War Thunder Support
Fix War Thunder Create File Failed With 32
Talking about the potential reasons behind the particular error message, the chances are high that somehow you’re having issues with the outdated game version, corrupted game files, temporary system glitches, easy anti-cheat service regarding conflicts, antivirus or firewall blocking, etc can be possible reasons behind this error. Additionally, easy anti-cheat software installation issues, unnecessary background running tasks, lack of system admin access to the game application, and more can be reasons for the game error.
You can follow the workarounds below until the problem has been fixed. So, without further ado, let’s jump into it.
1. Restart the PC
It’s highly recommended to reboot the PC manually before following other troubleshooting methods until the problem has been fixed.
- Navigate to the Start menu.
- Click on the Power icon > Click on Restart.
- Once the system reboots, check for the issue again.
2. Run War Thunder as an Administrator
Make sure to run the game executable application as an administrator to avoid user account control regarding privilege issues. The chances are high that the lack of system admin access is triggering game startup crashes in most cases. To do this:
- Right-click on the War Thunder.exe app on your PC.
- Now, select Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Enable the Run this program as an administrator checkbox.
- Click on Apply and select OK to save changes.
3. Check for War Thunder Updates
If you haven’t updated your War Thunder game to the latest version for a while then make sure to follow the steps below to check for updates and install the latest update. To do this:
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Click on War Thunder from the left pane.
- It’ll automatically search for the available update.
- Click on Update if the latest version is available.
- Wait for some time to install the update.
- Once done, reboot your PC to apply changes.
4. Verify and Repair the Game Files
You should verify and repair the game files on the Steam client to check issues with the game. Sometimes corrupted or missing game files on the system may cause multiple problems with the game launching as well as not getting rewards issues.
- Launch Steam > Click on Library.
- Right-click on War Thunder from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, just restart your computer.
5. Delete the EasyAntiCheat.Sys File
The EasyAntiCheat.sys file includes the launch information for the War Thunder game on the PC. Whenever you launch the game, both the EAC system and service will run all tasks smoothly. It’s recommended to manually delete the EasyAntiCheat.sys file from the game installation directory by following the steps below.
- Go to the Program Files (x86) folder on the PC.
- Open the EasyAntiCheat or EasyAntiCheat_EOS folder.
- Now, locate the EasyAntiCheat.sys or EasyAntiCheat_EOS.sys file.
- Just right-click on the file and select Delete.
- If prompted, click on Yes to grant administrator permission.
- Finally, relaunch the game to check for the issue.
6. Repair Easy Anti-Cheat System
You should try repairing the EAC (Easy AntiCheat) system on your PC because a corrupted or missing EAC application file can prevent the game files from running properly. To do so:
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Right-click on War Thunder.
- Click on the Local Files tab.
- Select EasyAntiCheat > Right-click on the EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe app.
- Click on Run as administrator > If prompted, click on Yes to allow the admin access.
- Next, click on Repair > Wait for the process to complete.
- Once done, restart your PC to check for the issue.
7. Disable Antivirus
You should also disable the Windows Security protection on your computer whatever you’re using. Aggressive antivirus blocking can affect the game launching or server connectivity errors up to some extent. Make sure to follow the steps below to disable the antivirus protection temporarily.
- Press the Win+I keys to open Windows Settings.
- Click on Update & Security > Click on Windows Security from the left pane.
- Now, click on the Open Windows Security button.
- Go to Virus & Threat Protection > Click on Manage Settings.
- Next, you’ll need to Turn Off the Real-time protection toggle.
- If prompted, click on Yes to proceed further.
Please Note: If you’re using any other third-party antivirus program on your PC then ensure to turn it off from its settings menu.
8. Turn Off Windows Firewall
It’s also worth recommending to disable Firewall on the PC. Otherwise, the aggressive Windows Firewall prevention may block ongoing connections which can trigger issues with the server connectivity or matchmaking. To do that:
- Click on the Start Menu > Type and search firewall.
- Open Windows Defender Firewall from the search result.
- Now, click Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off from the left pane.
- Select the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended) option.
- Turn Off for all network settings.
- Once done, click on OK to save changes.
9. Close Background Running Tasks
Unnecessary background running tasks or programs can eat up a lot of system resources like CPU or Memory usage literally reducing system performance. Hence, the startup crashing or other errors might occur quite often. Make sure to close all the unnecessary background running tasks completely by following the steps below. To do this:
- Press the Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys to open Task Manager.
- Now, click on the Processes tab.
- Select the specific task that’s unnecessarily running and consuming higher resources.
- Click on End Task to close the process.
- Once done, restart your system to apply changes.
10. Update Necessary Device Drivers
You should also try updating all the necessary device drivers on your Windows system manually to ensure there is no issue with the game running errors. To do so:
- Press the Win+X keys > Click on Device Manager.
- Double-click on the specific device (e.g. display adapter, sound, HID, etc).
- Right-click on the specific device adapter.
- Now, click on Update driver.
- Choose Search automatically for drivers.
- It’ll check for available updates and install the same.
- Once done, restart your PC to apply the changes.
11. Perform a Clean Boot
Some of the apps and their services may start automatically while booting the system right away. In that case, those apps or services will definitely gonna use a lot of internet connection as well as system resources. If you’re also feeling the same, make sure to perform a clean boot on your computer to check for the issue. To do that:
- Press the Win+R keys to open the Run dialogue box.
- Now, type msconfig and hit Enter to open System Configuration.
- Go to the Services tab > Enable the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox.
- Click on Disable all > Click on Apply and then OK to save changes.
- Now, go to the Startup tab > Click on Open Task Manager.
- Go to Startup in Task Manager > Click on the specific task to select that has a higher startup impact.
- Once done, click on Disable to turn it off.
- Do the same steps for each program that has a higher startup impact.
- After doing so, restart your computer to apply changes.
12. Enable the Easy Anti-Cheat Service
Sometimes the easy anti-cheat system service might get turned off or stopped unexpectedly due to some other third-party applications. It’s always better to manually check for the EAC service on the system and set it to manual startup type.
- Press the Win+R keys to open the Run dialogue box.
- Type services.msc and hit Enter to open Services.
- Search for the Easy AntiCheat service > Set the Startup type as Manual.
- If not, you’ll have to right-click on Easy Anti-Cheat.
- Click on Properties > Set the Startup type to Manual.
- Then reboot your computer and launch the game.
13. Reinstall EAC
The Easy Anti-Cheat service is typically installed automatically with each game and uninstalled automatically when the last game using Easy Anti-Cheat is removed from your system. You should also uninstall and reinstall the Easy Anti-Cheat (EAC) system on your computer by following the steps below. This will allow you to check for potential EAC-related issues in most cases.
- Open File Explorer on the PC.
- Go to the installed War Thunder location.
- Now, navigate to the Easy AntiCheat folder.
- Right-click on the EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe file.
- Click on Run as Administrator from the context menu.
- Then click on Yes to grant the admin permission, if the User Account Control (UAC) prompts.
- Choose Install and wait for it to complete.
- Once done, restart the PC, and check for the issue again.
14. Contact War Thunder Support
If none of the workarounds help, make sure to contact War Thunder Support to get better assistance on the same. You can submit the support ticket to be able to fix the ‘create file failed with 32’ error with War Thunder.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For additional queries, you can comment below.