Football Manager 2024 is a football management simulation video game, developed by Sports Interactive and published by Sega. This game is a part of the popular Football Manager series. However, some users have reported experiencing issues with loading screens while launching the game on their PCs, which is a common problem associated with other PC games as well.
- Fix: Football Manager 2024 is Stuck on the loading screen
Fix: Football Manager 2024 is Stuck on the loading screen
Here are some troubleshooting methods to resolve the issue of being stuck on the loading screen while playing the latest Football Manager 2024. Let’s dive into the guide below.
1. Check-out System Requirements
Before playing the game, check the system requirements to avoid issues with launching and gameplay.
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 10/11 with updates – 64 bit
- Processor: Intel Core 2 or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: Intel GMA X4500, NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT, AMD/ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 – requires 256MB VRAM and DirectX® 11
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 7 GB available space
2. Increase Virtual RAM
Virtual memory combines your RAM with temporary space on your hard disk. If you’re running out of RAM and the default size of your virtual memory isn’t large enough for your needs, you’ll need to increase it manually.
- Press the Windows logo key on the keyboard and type advanced system settings.
- Click on View Advanced System Settings.
- Click on Settings > Click on the Advanced tab > Click on Change.
- Uncheck the box next to manage paging file size for all drives Automatically.
- Select your C: drive [Where you’ve installed Windows] > Click the Options button next to the Custom size and type 4096 in the text box of the Initial size (MB) and Maximum size (MB).
Note: Increasing the virtual memory three times higher than the current RAM size is always better. [1GB=1024MB]
- Click on Set and then OK to save changes.
- Restart your computer and your game.
3. Properly Place the Storage and RAM in the slot
To fix the issue of Football Manager 2024 getting stuck on the loading screen, it is recommended that you remove the side panel of your CPU cabinet and unplug the HDD/SSD and RAM components from their slots. Clean the slots and components gently, and then place them back properly. This should help resolve the issue.
4. Update GPU Drivers
If you haven’t updated your graphics driver on Windows, install the latest patch version by following the steps below:
- Press Windows + X keys to open the Quick Link Menu.
- Now, click on Device Manager from the list > Double-click on Display adapters.
- Right-click on the dedicated graphics card that you’re using.
- Next, select Update driver > Choose to Search automatically for drivers.
- If an update is available, the system will automatically download & install it.
- Once done, restart the computer to apply changes immediately.
5. Close Unnecessary Background Tasks
One way to optimize your PC’s performance is to close unnecessary background tasks, preventing additional resource usage. To clear out these tasks:
- Press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open Task Manager.
- Click on the Processes tab > Select the task you want to close.
- Once selected, click on End Task. Make sure to do the steps for each task individually.
- Once done, restart your computer to change effects immediately.
6. Update Football Manager 2024
If you haven’t updated your Football Manager 2024 game recently, follow these steps to check for updates and install the latest patch (if available).
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library > Click on Football Manager 2024 from the left pane.
- It’ll automatically search for the available update. If there is an update available, make sure to click on Update.
- It may take some time to install the update > Once done, close the Steam client.
- Finally, reboot your PC to apply changes, and then try launching the game again.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Head over to Library.
- Now, click on the three dots icon next to Football Manager 2024.
- Make sure the Auto Update option is turned on.
- It should automatically install the available update of the game.
7. Check for Windows Updates
It’s highly likely that your Windows operating system build may become outdated or corrupted over time. If you suspect this to be the case, you can follow the steps below to check for any available updates for your system. If an update is available, it is recommended that you install it as soon as possible. Doing so will ensure that your system has the latest bug fixes and improvements. Here are the steps to check for and install Windows updates:
- Press Windows + I keys to open up the Windows Settings menu.
- Next, click on Update & Security > Select Check for updates under the Windows Update section.
- If there is a feature update available, select Download and Install.
- Wait for some time until the update gets completed.
- Finally, reboot your PC to apply changes immediately.
8. Try Disabling Overlay Apps
It appears that some popular apps come with an overlay program that can run in the background and cause problems with gaming performance or even prevent games from launching. To resolve this issue, you can turn off the overlay program by following the steps provided below:
- Launch the Discord app > Click on the gear icon at the bottom.
- Click on Overlay under App Settings > Turn on the Enable in-game overlay.
- Click on the Games tab > Select Football Manager 2024.
- Finally, turn off the Enable in-game overlay toggle.
- Make sure to reboot your PC to apply changes.
- Press the Windows + I keys to open Windows Settings.
- Click on Gaming > Go to Game Bar > Turn off Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using the Game Bar option.
If you are unable to find the Game Bar option, search for it from the Windows Settings menu.
- Launch the Nvidia GeForce Experience app > Head over to Settings.
- Click on the General tab > Disable the In-Game Overlay option.
- Finally, restart the PC to apply changes and relaunch the Football Manager 2024 game.
Also, remember that you should always disable some other overlay apps like MSI Afterburner, Rivatuner, RGB software, or any other third-party overlay apps that run in the background.
9. Perform a Clean Boot
Sometimes, certain apps and their services may start automatically when you boot up your system, using up a lot of your internet connection and system resources. If you’re experiencing this issue, it might be a good idea to perform a clean boot on your computer. This will help you determine if any of these apps or services are causing the problem. Here’s how you can do it:
- Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Now, type MSConfig and hit Enter to open System Configuration.
- Go to the Services tab > Enable the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox.
- Click on Disable all > Click on Apply and then OK to save changes.
- Now, go to the Startup tab > Click on Open Task Manager.
- The Task Manager interface will open. Here, go to the Startup tab.
- Then click on the particular task that has a higher startup impact.
- Once selected, click Disable to turn them off from the startup process.
- Do the same steps for each program that has a higher startup impact.
- Once done, make sure to restart your computer to apply changes.
10. Verify Game Files
If, in case, there is an issue with the game files and somehow it gets corrupted or missing, then make sure to perform this method to check for the issue easily.
- Launch Steam > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Football Manager 2024 from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, restart your computer.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Click on Library.
- Click on the three-dots icon next to Football Manager 2024.
- Click on Verify > Wait for the process to complete and restart the launcher.
- It should resolve the Football Manager 2024 Crashing issue on the PC.
Football Manager 2024, developed by Sports Interactive and published by Sega, is a football management simulation video game. Although it is highly praised by gamers, some PC players have faced persistent loading screens. It’s important for both developers and the community to work together to identify and fix such technical glitches so that gamers can enjoy the game without any hindrance.