Did you download the firmware for your HTC device with the correct model name ? if you didn’t then click here to find all the HTC Stock Firmware collection from this list of supported smartphone. If you have downloaded then here i will guide you on How to install HTC Stock firmware on your smartphone. Guide is simple and easy. All you need is to follow the steps properly. Read this Full Guide on How to Install Stock Firmware on HTC Smartphone.
In this guide you will be able to either downgrade or upgrade your HTC smartphone. This guide will be helpfull for people who are looking to fix/unbrick their smartphone or you can also return to stock ROM from custom ROM. If you dunno what is custom ROM and their differences, check this helpful guide to install Custom ROM on your HTC Smartphone.
What Do You Need ?
- Download Minimal ADB Tool – CLICK HERE or Download the Full ADB setup for Windows / Mac here
- Download HTC Drivers – Click Here
Steps To Flash Stock Firmware on HTC Smartphone via ADB Fastboot
To update manually HTC via ADB Fastboot, you must be running locked bootloader and stock ROM. If you have already rooted then make sure to unroot and then follow this step to Flash Stock Firmware on HTC Smartphone manually.
- First of all enable the Developer Option To Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Go back to settings -> Now you need to enable the OEM Unlock by going to Settings -> Developer Option and Enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging
- Download ADB and Fastboot tool and Install in your PC/Computer
- Download the OTA RUU zip and copy or move to ADB Folder.
- Now connect your phone to Computer using USB Cable.
- When you connect your Phone to Computer, please wait until all the drivers get installed.
- In your ADB fastboot folder open a command prompt window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click
- Now type the following command in your command window to reboot the HTC smartphone into download mode
adb reboot download
- Your Phone will boot into download mode, if not, you boot into download mode manually by following step below
—-> Power Off your phone.
—-> Press and hold Power + Vol Down at the same time
—-> Once you see the download mode, now you can use the volume down and power button to navigate and select
- Now type the command below on your ADB command window to Boot your device to RUUMode
fastboot oem rebootRUU
- Now flash the RUU zip file by following command below (File_name is the name of the file.)
fastboot flash zip File_name.zip
- Wait for the ROM or OTA to get installed. Once installation completes, you can reboot your phone.
- That’s it! DONE !!!! You have upgraded your HTC smartphone.
I Hope you successfully Flashed Stock Firmware on HTC Smartphone from our guide. Please comment your queries and feedbacks.