Lenovo K5 Play comes with a 5.70-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 720×1440 pixels. It is powered by a 1.4GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 processor. It comes with 2GB of RAM. The Lenovo K5 Play runs Android 8.0 and is powered by a 3000mAh battery. If you want to install Google Camera on your Lenovo K5 Play, then you are in the right place.
Gcam is a ported app from the original Google Pixel device stock camera which is compatible with other device models as well. Thanks to some of the creative and hard-working developers such as Arnova8G2, BSG, and Urnyx05 who’re trying hard to make ported GCam APK files to most of the devices out there. Here in this article, we will share with you the link to Download Google Camera for Lenovo K5 Play [APK]. Additionally, we will also share the installation steps.
Google Camera is just a normal camera app with simple UI but some of the useful features. These features you won’t find in any mid-range device normally. Meanwhile, the Google Camera runs on powerful software API which works perfectly and offers stunning image and video quality. The majority of the users find it useful whether in daylight or night condition than the device stock camera. It has a nice simple user interface, on-screen modes/options, and settings as well.
The app was previously launched for all Android devices. But then Google made it exclusive for only Pixel devices. While the custom app developers continuously developing GCam ports for most of the Android device models separately. It’s only because the Android devices run on different Android versions.
Table of Contents
Google Camera Port for Lenovo K5 Play
The Google Camera ported app features HDR, HDR+, HDR+ enhanced, RAW, ZSL, Flash, AR Stickers, Night Sight, Portrait mode, etc. It also offers Super Res Zoom, AR Emojis, Google Lens, TimeLapse, Slow-Motion, Image Stabilization, Photosphere, and more. While the video recording also comes out clear and sharp as compared to the other stock camera apps.
Here we have mentioned the list of features/modes which are working and not working on Google Camera ported beta app for Lenovo K5 Play. The issues/bugs may be fixed in the future.
- Camera (HDR+/RAW/ZSL/Flash etc.)
- Portrait Mode (Front/Rear)
- Night Sight (Front/Rear)
- Super-Res Zoom
- AR Stickers
- Video Recording
- Fixed crash in Night Sight mode while using Ultrawide lens
- Added Exposure compensation option
- Re-added HDR+ off
- Slow-Motion video recording issue
- A telephoto lens (telephoto lens work properly only when HDR+ is turned off)
Steps to install Google Camera on Lenovo K5 Play
The Google Camera APK file installation process is as simple as installing any other third-party APK file. You don’t have to root your device for this.
- Download the GCam APK file from the download link above and tap on it.
- Make sure that the Unknown Sources option is enabled on your device. In order to this, go to the device Settings menu > Security/Privacy > enable it. [If already enabled, skip to the installation]
- It will launch the package installer and tap on the Install button.
- Once the installation is done, open and use it.
Still, if the camera app doesn’t work, then enable the Camera2api by using build.prop
I hope this guide will help you a lot and you have now successfully installed the Google Camera ported app on your Lenovo K5 Play handset. In case, if you’re facing any trouble, feel free to write down in the comments below.
- How to install AOSP Android 10 Update for Lenovo K5 Play [GSI Treble]
- Easy Method To Root Lenovo K5 Play Using Magisk [No TWRP needed]
- How To Root And Install TWRP Recovery On Lenovo K5 Play
- How To Unlock Bootloader On Lenovo K5 Play using ADB Fastboot
- How to Install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie on Lenovo K5 Play [GSI Phh-Treble]