Galaxy Watch 4 and 5 is an excellent companions for Samsung smartphones and a no-brainer for those that already own one. If you don’t already own a Samsung phone or want a good smartwatch that tracks your fitness levels without a Samsung phone, you can still buy it.
Currently, certain features like ECG and blood pressure work only on Samsung phones. Compared to the Galaxy Watch Active 2, the Galaxy Watch 4, 5 is a solid step forward from previous generations. You might also be interested in the Samsung Galaxy Watch 4, 5 Classic if you’re looking for something a bit more elegant.
But, there are some users who started reporting that the Google message is not working on Samsung Galaxy Watch 4, 5. Well, that’s the reason why we are here. In this article, you will learn how to fix the Google message that is not working on Samsung Galaxy Watch 4, 5.
How To Fix Google Messages Not Working on Samsung Galaxy Watch 4, 5
It is required that you enable text message receiving on your Samsung Galaxy Watch before you can receive text messages. On a per-app basis, you can determine whether or not your Watch receives notifications from different sources. A person may choose to receive alerts when a text message is received, an email is sent, and an alarm sounds. However, all other alerts could be turned off. Anyway, let’s check out the fixes that will help you resolve the Google message not working on Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 and 5:
Fix 1: Reboot Your Device
Google message is not working on Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 and 5 issue can be resolved by restarting the devices. To restart your Watch, you must turn it off first. While holding down the Power button on your Watch, you will find these options.
When you press the power button, your computer will turn off. You can display the Samsung logo by holding down the Power button after the device has been turned off. If you hold the Power button for a while after pressing it, the power will come on.
Fix 2: Update Your Apps
Samsung announced a SmartWatch SDK kit that can be used to create apps for any smartwatch powered by the Watch 4, 5. In order to ensure a smooth operation, the app should consume the maximum amount of battery power. It is advisable to keep your apps updated if you want them to perform at their best. Sometimes app bugs can lead to excessive battery consumption.
Fix 3: Software Update
Developers are currently working on a solution to this problem, which has been reported to Samsung officials. Recently released software patches have resolved the issue of the Google message is not working on Samsung Galaxy Watch 4, 5. It is, therefore, necessary to update the watch OS as soon as possible.
Your phone needs to be opened if the Galaxy Wearable app is still not open. It may be necessary for you to tap the Settings tab on your Watch if it has one. By choosing About Watch, you will be able to update the software on the Watch.
- After that, you will be able to select between automatic updates and manual updates. There are instructions on the screen that will guide you through this process. If you enable Auto update or Download updates automatically, you are able to choose whether the software will be automatically updated. If the Watch is disconnected, this will occur.
- Once you’ve checked your downloaded apps for updates, check your Watch for new software updates.
- Make sure the Galaxy Wearable app is installed. You may need to click the Settings tab if your Watch has one.
- In the upper right corner, you will find the Galaxy Store. Depending on what you do, you’ll have access to more options (three vertical dots).
- You will be able to see all apps with updates when you click Update from the Watch page. On the right-hand side of the screen, tap Update all to update all. You can also update individual apps by tapping the Update icon.
Fix 4: Reset your Watch
Resetting your Watch is also an option as a last resort. This may have been caused by a conflict between the Watch’s application and your Google message. For these issues to be resolved, your Watch must be reset.
- In the menu, you will find an option to access your Watch’s settings.
- Go to General.
- Make sure your data is backed up before you reset it. Then, press the reset button.
- Once your Watch has been reset, pair it again.
Fix 5: Clear Cache And Data
Whenever you connect the Wearable to an Android device, try clearing the app’s cache and data. The Apps section can be found in Settings. You can find Galaxy Wearable under All apps. Go to the menu and choose Storage. It is possible to clear the cache by tapping the button. If you want to use your phone again, you must restart it. There may be a need to clear the data or to empty the Storage if the cause is unknown.
Fix 6: Check the Available Storage of the Watch
You must check whether you have free space on your device if your Google message is not working on Samsung Galaxy Watch 4, 5. The more storage space you need, the more problems you will encounter. It is possible to view the amount of storage space on your Watch in its Settings. You can find more information about the Watch in its About section. There is an option for Storage in this section. It may be necessary to remove unnecessary data and apps from the device if it is full or very high.
Fix 7: Use Bluetooth to Connect Watch 4 And 5
Your phone must have the Samsung Galaxy Wearable app installed, and your Watch must be synchronized with it. Samsung Wearable can be used on your phone to check whether your Watch is connected to your phone.
- It is possible to disconnect the app from the Watch when it displays Start. If you select your Watch before starting the app, you will be prompted to select your Watch. When you choose your Watch, you will be guided through the rest of the process by instructions.
- When Bluetooth is disabled, the app displays Remotely connected to watch or Disconnected from Watch. Make sure your Bluetooth-enabled phone and Watch are compatible.
- On the phone, go to Settings > Connections > Bluetooth > Save. On the switch, ensure that it is on.
- To pair your Watch with Bluetooth, open Settings, click Connections, and then tap Bluetooth. Ensure that the switch is turned on. Ensure that the Galaxy Fit is powered on and plugged in before changing the Bluetooth settings.
So, that’s how to fix the Google message that is not working on Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 and 5 issues. We hope that this guide has helped you. Furthermore, in case you need more info, comment below and let our team know.