In this guide, we will show you the steps to install the Xposed Framework on your Xiaomi device running MIUI 12. The customizations that you could carry out on an open-source OS like Android is literally endless. There’s just one prerequisite on your end that needs to check-marked, and that is a rooted device. Once you do so, you could literally carry out a plethora of tweaks and install tons of mods. Talking about the latter one, most of you might already be familiar with the modules repository that Magisk has to offer.
However, before Magisk step into custom development, Xposed was every user’s go-to choice. Beholding a plentitude of modules, this framework allows you to customize every aspect of the device. Even to this date, it boasts of some handy mods in its arsenal. With that said, the last official version was in sync with Android Oreo. However, a few developers have done the hard work and ported this framework to devices running Android 10. Making use of the same, this guide will show you the steps to install the Xposed Framework on your Xiaomi device running MIUI 12. Follow along for the detailed instructions.
How to Install Xposed Framework For MIUI 12 | Xiaomi Device
The ported build of Xposed is now known as EdXposed Framework and it uses the Riru-Core and Riru-EdXposed modules. Apart from that, the rest of the functionalities remains the same. There’s just one important thing to keep in mind. Unlike Magisk, Xposed makes changes to the system partition, hence your device might not pass the SafetyNet Attestation test. If that’s well and good, then let’s proceed with the steps to install the Xposed Framework on Xiaomi devices running MIUI 12.
- First and foremost, it is recommended to take a complete device backup, just to be on the safer side.
- Along the same lines, your device should be rooted with Magisk with the latest Magisk Manager app installed.
- Download the latest version of the EdXposedManager from Github.
That’s it. These are all the requirements. You may now proceed with the steps to install the Xposed Framework on Xiaomi devices running MIUI 12.
STEP 1: Install Riru Module on MIUI 12
- To begin with, launch the Magisk Manager app on your device.
- Then tap on the Modules icon situated at the bottom menu bar.
- After that, tap on the Search icon and search for the Riru module.
- Then tap on the Download icon situated next to it and select Install from the confirmation dialog box.
- Once installed, tap on the Reboot button situated at the bottom right.
STEP 2: Install Riru-EdXposed
- Again, launch Magisk Manager on your device.
- This time, search for Riru- EdXposed. You will get two versions of this module- SandHook and YAHFA.
- There is no universal rule as to which one you should go for. Start off by downloading and installing the Sandhook version.
- Then reboot your device after the installation. If you are getting any stability issues on your device, then uninstall the Sandhook build and try the YAHFA version.
- Moving on, once you have installed either of two modules, reboot your device for the effect to take place.
STEP 3: Install EdXposed Manager (Xposed Framework) on MIUI 12
The third and final step in installing the Xposed Framework on Xiaomi devices running MIUI 12 requires you to install the EdXposed Manager. This app will provide you with the interface to download the required modules, change their settings, or uninstall them.
- So start off by enabling the installation from Unknown Sources on your device.
- Then install the EdXposed Manager app on your device (link is given in the Prerequisites section).
- Once installed, launch the app and you should get the “EdXposed Framework is active” message.
- Now if you wish to download any module, then tap on the hamburger menu situated at the top right.
- Go to the Downloads section and you get then search for and install the desired modules.
- On the other hand, to manage any of the installed modules or to uninstall them, tap on the hamburger menu.
- Then go to the Modules section and there you may make the desired changes to the modules.
That’s it. These were the steps to install the Xposed Framework on Xiaomi devices running MIUI 12. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments section below. Rounding off, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Tricks that deserve your attention as well.