Hogwarts Legacy, the eagerly anticipated 3A masterpiece of Harry Potter lovers, is finally released. All players can experience a genuine magic world thanks to the superb scene restoration and exquisite magic effects. Players can experience every step of the procedure in the game, including dividing Houses, buying wands, attending classes, and visiting key story sites. The entire main line and branch line have a great deal of freedom, and the game takes a long time to complete.
Unfortunately, given that the game is still in its early stages of development, the PC side’s optimization performance is unsatisfactory. Also, many players are reporting the absence of the Hogwarts Legacy Photo mode and the issue with the Hogwarts Legacy to save file disappearing. It is a great disappointment that all the time that we have invested in it was lost.
If you are also one of them, then don’t worry because this guide will help you. We are here with a guide, in which we have discussed about the methods to fix the game save file missing issue. So, let’s start the guide without any further ado.
- Why You Are Facing The Hogwarts Legacy Save Game Missing issue?
- How You Can Fix The Hogwarts Legacy Save Game Missing issue?
Why You Are Facing The Hogwarts Legacy Save Game Missing issue?
You can face this problem if the game makes a new folder after a restart, losing your saved progress in the process. This might be the result of a number of factors, such as the developers’ release of a new build that altered the file paths in the game files or an issue with the Steam cloud.
How You Can Fix The Hogwarts Legacy Save Game Missing issue?
Now, let’s check out the steps that you will have to follow to fix the Hogwarts Legacy game save missing issue.
Step 1. Find the saved game folder
The first step that you will have to do to fix the issue of the Hogwarts Legacy game save missing is to find the saved game folder and then back up.
To find the saved game folder you will have to follow the steps given below.
- Step 1. First of all, you will have to start File Explorer.
- Step 2. Then, go to the search bar and search for %AppData%. After that, press enter.
- Step 3. Now, locate and open the “Local” folder.
- Step 4. After that, locate and open the “Hogwarts Legacy” folder.
- Step 5. Then, look for the “Saved” folder and then open it.
- Step 6. Now, look for the “SaveGames” folder and then open it.
- Step 7. After that, you will have to find a folder with a random number. And once you get it, open it.
Step 2. Back up the Folder
All of your game data is located in the folder you just opened. It is crucial to make a backup of this folder in case something goes wrong when fixing it. To back up the folder, you will have to follow the steps given below.
- Step 1. First of all, you will have to right-click on the folder.
- Step 2. After that, select the “Copy” option.
- Step 3. Now, go to the desktop.
- Step 4. Simply you will have to right-click on a blank area.
- Step 5. Now, click on the ” Pate” option.
Step 3. Delete the saved files except for the oldest one
The next action is to remove all saved files but not the oldest ones. This is so that there will not be any problems, as the oldest saved file often has the least corruption. Now, to delete the saved files, you will have to follow the steps given below.
- Step 1. First of all, you will have to select all the saved files but not the oldest ones.
- Step 2. After that, right-click on the chosen files.
- Step 3. Now, select the “Delete” option.
Step 4. Start a New game
After backing up your saved game data and deleting all corrupted save files, it’s time to start a fresh game and make a new save. To start a new game you will have to follow the steps given below.
- Step 1. First of all, open the Hogwarts Legacy game.
- Step 2. After that, start a new game.
- Step 3. Now, you will have to play up till the initial autosave point. It is when you receive a healing potion.
- Step 4. Then, close the game.
Step 5. Copy the name of the Last saved file
The next step is to copy the name of the most recent save file that the game produced. To do this step, you will have to follow the steps given below.
- Step 1. First of all, go to the “SaveGames” folder.
- Step 2. After that, locate the most recent game save file.
- Step 3. Then, you will have to right-click on the file.
- Step 4. Now, select the “Rename” option.
- Step 5. After that, copy the file’s name.
Step 6. Rename the Original save file
Your original save file, which is the one with the name “HL-00-00.sav,” needs to be renamed with the name of the most recent save file now that you know its name. The newly saved file will be replaced with this.
- Step 1. First of all, you will have to return to the location where you stored a backup of your game’s saved data.
- Step 2. After that, search for the original save file (HL-00-00.sav).
- Step 3. Now, right-click on the file.
- Step 4. Then, click on the “Rename” option.
- Step 5. Now, enter the name of the most recent saved file
Step 7. Restart the Game
The last step is to restart the game and see if your previous save and all of your progress are still present.
- Step1. First of all, you will have to open the Hogwarts Legacy game.
- Step 2. Now, open your saved game.
- Step 3. Verify that all of your past saves and progress are still present.
If everything is operating properly, it means that you have successfully resolved the missing save game issue in Hogwarts Legacy.
This was all for the guide on how to Fix the Hogwarts Legacy Save Game Missing issue. We hope that with the help of the steps that are mentioned above, you were able to fix the issue and enjoy the game. If you any more queries or questions, then feel free to let us know by mentioning them in the comment section below. So that, we can help you in fixing them and provide you with a helpful guide on it. Also, for more such helpful guides, do check out our website.