Horizon Forbidden West is one of the latest action role-playing video games that has been developed by Guerrilla Games and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment in February 2022. It’s a sequel to 2017’s Horizon Zero Dawn which is an open-world single-player video game set in a post-apocalyptic world. Meanwhile, some players are reporting that they’re facing the Horizon Forbidden West Audio Not Working or Sound Cutting Out issue on PS4/PS5.
Sometimes issues with the sound may trigger cause audio output problems apart from damaged audio devices or any kind of audio settings-related problems. The chances are also high that a low audio volume level is causing conflicts with the Horizon Forbidden West video game. Now, if you’re also one of the victims to encounter such an issue then you can follow this troubleshooting guide completely to quickly resolve it.
- Fix: Horizon Forbidden West Audio Not Working | Sound Cutting Out
Fix: Horizon Forbidden West Audio Not Working | Sound Cutting Out
Luckily, there are a couple of methods mentioned below that should gonna help you out. It’s recommended to follow all the methods one by one until your problem gets fixed. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Check For Games Updates
You can try checking the affected game whether it’s updated to the latest version or not. Highlight the game and then press the Options button > Select Check for Update.
2. Check For System Updates
Ensure your system software on the console is running the latest version. If it’s not then try following the steps below.
- Using a PC or Mac, create a folder named “PS4” or “PS5” on a USB drive formatted as FAT32. Inside that folder, create another folder named “UPDATE”.
- Download the update file from the official PlayStation website and save it in the “UPDATE” folder.
- Save the file as “PS4 UPDATE.PUP” or “PS5UPDATE.PUP”.
- Plug the USB drive containing the file into your PS4/PS5 console.
- Start the PS4/PS5 console in Safe Mode: press and hold the power button, releasing after the second beep.
- Select Safe Mode option > Update System Software.
- Select Update from USB Storage Device > OK.
Check OTA Update:
Check that your console has the latest system software installed. Go to Settings > System > System Software > System Software Update and Settings.
3. Try Playing the Game Again
Play the game from the beginning, without an existing game save, to check if the game saves is corrupted. Sometimes rebooting the game might gonna resolve game crashing or launching issues completely.
4. Reconnect HDMI Cable
You may have sound issues on Horizon Forbidden West because your HDMI cable connection isn’t working properly with the TV. Make sure to reconnect your HDMI cable and see if the problem has been fixed or not. To do so:
- Simply disconnect your HDMI cable from your TV.
- Make sure to connect your HDMI cable back to your TV.
You should also check out whether there is no physical damage that happened with the HDMI cable. If so, you can check for another cable.
5. Re-Login Your Account
According to some reports, signing out and signing into the PlayStation profile account might gonna fix the issue completely.
- On your PlayStation 4 go to the Settings and access the Account Management tab.
- Next, highlight the Sign Out option using your controller.
- Finally, press the O or X button on your controller to confirm your action.
- First, go to the Settings of your PS5.
- After that, click on User Accounts and select the Other option.
- Lastly, click the Sign Out button.
- Once done, wait for at least 2 minutes before signing back into your Playstation Network account. Join another voice chat afterward to check if the problem is solved.
6. Check If Microphone is Turned OFF
Sometimes the microphone isn’t turned on automatically which may eventually trigger the mic not working issue. Ensure to turn on the microphone manually to check for the issue. If it’s already turned on, then try turning it off and on again.
7. Check the Volume of Microphone
We’ll also recommend our readers check for the volume level of the connected microphone because a low volume level can also cause issues with the in-game audio. It means a low volume level or the turned-off microphone will obviously gonna lead to mic not working or voice chat not working issue because you won’t be able to talk with other players or vice versa.
8. Use Another Microphone
Try using another microphone on your console to cross-check if the problem is still bothering you or not. It seems using another microphone can easily fix the audio or mic not working issue on the PS4/PS5 console. You can also try connecting the microphone to another port.
9. Check for Physical Damage
If none of the methods worked for you then try checking out whether your microphone is physically damaged or not. Sometimes a damaged or torn wire or microphone can cause this issue.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.