Errors are a vital part of our operating system, and we are no stranger to the Blue screen of death. The Blue screen of death or BSOD error 0x00000109 is known as “Critical structure corruption.” It occurs during the start-up sequence and prevents the user from using their system. It either freezes your computer screen, displays a blue screen with error code 0x00000109 or shuts down your system entirely.
If you are one of the BSOD affected users, you have landed to the right place. We, after an in-depth study, have gathered all the essential information, including the root causes and effective fixes. To know more, read the article below:
Table of Contents
- 1 Causes for BSOD ERROR 0x00000109 in Windows 10
- 2 Fixes for BSOD ERROR 0x00000109 in Windows 10
Causes for BSOD ERROR 0x00000109 in Windows 10
The Blue screen of death (BSOD) error 0x00000109 in Windows 10 can occur due to various common reasons. Hence it is essential to know about their causes before you start with fixing the error. Here are a few main of them mentioned below:
- Outdated System Driver.
- Corrupted RAM.
- Compromised file system.
- Virus or Malware.
- Third-party application’s inconsistency or errors.
Fixes for BSOD ERROR 0x00000109 in Windows 10
FIX 1- Turn on the safe mode
The first and easiest thing you can do to remove the BSOD 0x00000109 is entering the “Safe mode.” Windows disable most of the functions but not the important ones while you enter the safe mode. To boot into the safe mode, follow the steps given below:
There are two different ways of doing so:
- Firstly, turn on your computer.
- Once you see the initial Start-up screen, keep pressing the F8 button repeatedly until the “Advanced boot options” menu gets displayed.
- Now press the “down arrow key” and from the list select “Enable safe mode” or simply press “F4” and hit “Enter.”
- Now, wait until the boot sequence gets complete on its own.
- Open the Run dialogue box by pressing Windows + R altogether.
- Now in the empty typing space, type “MSConfig” and click on OK.
- From the newly opened System configuration Window, select the “Boot” tab.
- Select “Safe boot” and then click on Apply and then OK.
- The System configuration will now ask you to restart your Computer/Laptop. Proceed by doing so.
Lastly, check whether the BSOD error still exists. If not, then you can conclude that this error got caused by a third-party application or a device driver. And if the error persists, you may proceed towards using the next fixes.
FIX 2- Remove the third-party apps
You can try removing some of the currently installed third-party apps, and this may resolve the BSOD error issue. For doing so,
- Press Windows + R altogether and open the Run dialogue box.
- Now on the blank space, type “Control” and then click on OK.
- Go to Programs and select “Programs and features.”
- Now uninstall the recently added applications one after the other and check for any improvement after uninstalling each of them.
FIX 3- RUN SFC and DISM command
If, by using the first two fixes, the BSOD error 0x00000109 still exists, then it is not being caused by any third-party application or driver. Here the possible chances are some type of file corruption.
The steps we are going to show you here will require an installation media (CD).
- Firstly, restart your system and insert the “Installation media”. Enter any key once you see the prompt screen.
- After you managed to boot from Installation media, from the bottom left corner of your screen, click on “Repair your Computer.”
- From the next list of options, select the “Troubleshooting” menu, and then select “Advanced options.”
- Click on “Command Prompt.”
- Now once the Command prompt Windows opens up, type “sfc/scannow” and press Enter to open the System file checker scan.
Once the scan gets completed, you must restart your system and follow the above steps to return to the CMD screen. To fix corruption issue using DSIM type the following command:
Make sure you press Enter after each command. Also, for using the DISM command, you would require a stable internet connection.
- Now, as when the Scan gets completed, restart your system and check whether the error issue persists.
FIX 4- Activate the default Windows Blue screen troubleshooter
During the last year, Microsoft has launched a Windows Blue screen troubleshooter tool. This in-built tool can resolve the potential BSOD errors and find the root cause behind them.
- From the Search bar, type “Setting” and click on it.
- Now choose the option “Update & Security,” and from the left column, click on the “Troubleshoot” tab.
- On the right side of the list, locate and select the option “Blue Screen.”
- Now select the “Run the troubleshooter” tab, and it is done.
This will now look for the trouble-causing issue and fix it on its own. You may check whether the problem persists.
FIX 5- System restore utility
One of the Universally proven and a used fix is the use of “System restore utility”. This step will bring back your System to a healthy phase and resolve the circumstances that were causing the BSOD error. Its recommended to enter the Safe mode before following this process:
- From the Search menu, type “System Restore”.
Open the Run dialogue box, type “rstrui” and press Enter to open the “System Restore” wizard.
- Now locate and click on the option, “Create a restore point” and then select the “System Restore” tab.
- Here locate the “Show all the restore point” menu and select the most recent ‘Restore point.’
- Click “Next” and then proceed by clicking on the “Finish” tab.
As this process will finish, your system will automatically restart to an old stage. This restoration does not permanently remove any personal files but may Uninstall any of the applications or Updates.
FIX 6- Run the Windows Memory Diagnostics tool
Running the Windows memory diagnostic tool will check for any corrupted data in your memory. This corrupted data may also cause the BSOD Error 0x00000109 in Windows 10.
- On the search bar, type “Windows Memory Diagnostics.” Once it appears on the list, Click and Select.
- Now select “Restart now and check for problems.” This test will reboot your system, so make sure you save all your work beforehand.
Once your System restart’s the Windows memory diagnostics tool screen will appear and start performing the test. This process may take several minutes, so you can leave it until it gets done. As when the process gets completed, it may display the test results into your screen. If not, you can manually check by the following steps given below:
- From the Search bar type and open “Event Viewer.”
- Go to the Windows and select “System.”
- On the rightmost list, locate and select “Find.”
- In the next appeared dialogue box, type “Memory diagnostics” and click on “Find Next.”
You may now see the test results displayed on the bottom of the Window. It will show if any hardware memory component failure in Windows 10 exist. You can manually resolve it to get rid of the BSOD error 0x00000109.
Some other troubleshooting tips
Below are some other troubleshooting tips or quick fixes work that may work for some uses.
- Check for Windows update.
- Re-install or freshly install Windows.
- Delete junk files from Junk storage.
- Run an anti-virus software scan.
- Perform a clean install
So, these were all the effective ways to fix BSOD (Blue screen of death) error 0x00000109 in Windows 10. All the fixes are tried and tested and would defiantly work for you. Though, we recommend you start using the first one first and only jump to the other methods in case it does not work for you.
Additionally, before using a fix, it’s better to find the root cause for BSOD error 0x00000109 and then proceed further to fix it accordingly. Lastly, we recommend you to restart your system every time you perform a fix to make it useful. If you have any queries or feedback, please write down the comment in the below comment box.