Modding and making changes to the Android device is one of the favorite past-time for Android developers. You can find numerous Android mods or applications that bring more enhancements for your device which was not officially provided by your OEM. But for the majority of the applications you need to have root access and custom recovery installed on your device. Moreover, making changes to the firmware might expose your operating system to danger. In fact, if you are the owner of Samsung phone then, due to the increased security of Samsung phones to avoid users from modding their phones, errors like ‘dm-verity need to check verification failed’ are quite common.
And if you are looking for ways to overcome or fix this error then, you are in the right place. As in this post, we will guide you on how to fix ‘DM-Verity Need to Check Verification Failed DRK’ error on Samsung smartphones. Notably, your phone would be in a soft-bricked state when you receive this error, meaning that you won’t be able to use your smartphone or its functionalities at all. But with the help of this guide, you could fix the error. So, without any further ado, let us get straight into the article itself:
How to Fix ‘DM-Verity Need to Check Verification Failed DRK’ Error on Samsung
Before we begin, you need to download the official firmware specifically for your device and then flash the firmware using ODIN. And for that, follow the steps below:
- Firstly, you need to download the ODIN tool. Then extract it to an accessible folder.
- Now you need to download the official firmware for your device for which, you need to go to Sammobile Firmware finder.
- Enter the model number of your smartphone.
- Make sure to enter the correct model number of your Samsung device and download the firmware for your country.
- A new file with extension “TAR.MD5” will be downloaded.
- Now head to the folder where you have extracted the contents of the ODIN tool above.
- Locate and run it as Administrator.
- Ensure that your Samsung phone is turned off.
- Take your device and press the hold the Volume Down key + Home Key and Power Key, together.
- Once your device vibrates, release the Power key but continue holding the other two keys.
- The screen will turn after which you need to press the Volume key to access the download mode.
- Now you need to connect your smartphone with the PC using a USB cable.
- ODIN Tool will recognize your smartphone.
- Click either AP or PDA button on the ODIN tool interface.
- A windows explorer will open where you need to locate the firmware file you downloaded.
- Once you have added the file, click the flash button to start flashing the firmware.
- Make sure that you DO NOT disconnect your smartphone during the process.
- Once the process is complete then you can disconnect your phone.
- That’s it!
After this, your device should return to normal. However, if the steps do not work, do not forget to check that you have downloaded the correct firmware for your devices or not. So, there you have it from my side in this post. I hope you guys liked this post and were able to successfully fix the error on your Samsung device. Let us know in the comments below if you come across any issues while following any of the above-mentioned comments. Until the next post…Cheers!