Google Drive is a popular file storage and synchronization service that’s developed by Google itself. Any of the Google account holders can easily log into the Drive and access the storage from any device. However, some times users may also get some of the common issues or error notice while downloading any file. It almost seems like “Sorry, you can’t view or download this file at this time”.
It’s quite an unexpected error message to the users when they try to download files via Google Drive. This particular can happen due to a large number of downloads session in a limited period of time. That really affects the expected download quota within a 24-hour period. When there are too many requests made by a huge number of users to view or download any particular file from Google Drive publicly, the content download can be unavailable or locked for 24 hours.
Once the 24 hours expired, the download quota will be available again for the next 24 hours or more depending on the server load once at a time. It basically reduces the spam downloads and unnecessary server downtime/outage as well by blocking the downloads.
Steps to Fix Google Drive: Sorry, you can’t view or download this file error
Sometimes waiting for the availability of that particular file to download again is necessary. But if you’re involving in a working situation and the file is very important to you, you can’t wait for a day or longer. Additionally, if the file pulled out by any means by its owner then you can’t download it anymore from the link.
There is a method to bypass or skip the Google Drive error of 24-hour limitation. The most common error is Sorry, you can’t view or download this file error. For this type of error, you need to follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, locate the ‘uc’ part of the URL address, and replace it with ‘open’. Therefore, the beginning of the URL works like https://drive.google.com/open?… (instead of https://drive.google.com/uc?…)
- Now, reload the address after adding the ‘open’ word in the URL address.
- It will load a new screen with controls.
- Now, click/tap on the ‘add to my drive’ icon at the top right corner.
- Then click/tap on ‘add to my drive’ again to open your Google Drive storage in a new tab in your browser.
- Now, you may see the locked file on your Google drive properly.
- Select the ‘make a copy’ option from the menu by right-clicking on the file.
- Finally, select the copied file with a right-click, and then you can easily download the file easily.
- That’s it.
This trick will create a copy of the file on your own Google Drive account. So that as an administrator you can download your own copied file to your local system without waiting for a long.