Vudu is an American streaming service. Vudu offers great movies and TV series on-demand. While some users are happy with Vudu’s service, many users are reporting about an error code 28 that is preventing them from playing content on Vudu.
If you are one of those Vudu customers that are facing this error, then do not worry. This error can arise due to failed internet connectivity or some kind of Firewall issue on your Windows 10 computer. Whatever be the reason, we are going to discuss different troubleshooting steps in order to fix this error.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Error Code 28?
- 2 Solutions to Fix Vudu Error Code 28:
- 2.1 Solution 1: Open ports manually
- 2.2 Solution 2: Fix the incorrect DNS configuration problem
- 2.3 Solution 3: Stop the Firewall utility temporarily
- 2.4 Solution 4: Add Vudu to the Windows Defender Firewall exception list
- 2.5 Solution 5: Uninstall Vudu
- 2.6 Solution 6: Check your modem and Wi-Fi router
What is Error Code 28?
Error code 28 is a failed connection error that appears on your computer screen while you are watching shows on Vudu. The error can happen due to many reasons. Here’s a list of possible reasons that can cause Error code 28.
- Closed port connection.
- Interference by Antivirus or Firewall.
- Incorrect DNS configurations.
- Problem with your internet modem.
Solutions to Fix Vudu Error Code 28:
Solution 1: Open ports manually
Every application which needs internet connectivity uses a specific port. If the port is disabled, the internet connection stops resulting in a glitch in the application. To solve the error code 28, you should follow these steps given below and open the port.
- Press Windows key +I.
- Go to Update & Security.
- Open Windows Security and choose the “Firewall and Network Security” option.
- Click on the “Advanced Settings” option.
- From the Advanced Settings section, choose the “Inbound Rules“.
- Click on the “New Rule” button.
- Here, you can find the option for the port.
- You have to click on the “Port” option from the list and select “Next“.
- Then, you should choose “TCP” and click on the “Specific Local Ports” option.
- You have to input the following Port Numbers (with commas) in the box besides the Specific Local Ports option, then click on “Next“.
843, 13207, 13217, 13227, 13237, 13247, 13257
- Now, choose the “Allow the Connection” option.
- In the next window, make sure that you tick the box beside the Domain, Private, and Public
- Write “Name” for the new rule.
- Then, you have to click on the “Next” button and choose the “Finish” option.
- You also have to repeat all these steps for the “Outbound Rule” which you can find under the Advanced Settings.
Check for the error, and if you see the error again, go to the next solution.
Solution 2: Fix the incorrect DNS configuration problem
With an incorrect DNS configuration, you are unable to open Google’s DNS servers. If your Windows 10 computer is using incorrect DNS configuration then that can lead to the error code 28. To fix this DNS issue, follow these steps given below.
- Select the Network icon present on the taskbar.
- You have to click on the Open Network & Internet Settings
- Select Change adapter options.
- Choose your network adapter and right-click on it to select the Properties
- Find Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- Highlight it and then, select Properties.
- Then, you have to click on the “Use the following DNS Server addresses” box.
- Now type 8.8.8 in the Preferred DNS Server box.
- After that Input 8.4.4 in the Alternate DNS Server box
- Choose the Apply option and click OK.
Open your Vudu application, and check for the error. If the error remains, try the next solution.
Solution 3: Stop the Firewall utility temporarily
The applications which use internet connection feel suspicious to the Firewall. The Firewall is a Windows built-in utility that acts against malware infection. So, there is a chance that the Firewall is creating the error code 28. To stop the error, you have to disable the Firewall for some time.
- Go to the Start
- Click on the Settings
- Find the Update & Security
- Choose Windows Security and then, click on the Firewall and Network Protection
- Open your current network and switch off the Windows Firewall.
- If you have any third-party Antivirus software, then you should disable that too.
- After disabling the Antivirus software, check if the error continues.
Solution 4: Add Vudu to the Windows Defender Firewall exception list
A Firewall is a necessary tool as it keeps your computer free from any potential virus threat. In case you are sure that the Firewall is causing the error code 28. Still, you don’t want to disable Firewall, you can add the Vudu application to the Windows Defender Firewall exception list. To add Vudu to the exception list, follow these simple steps.
- Press Windows key +R.
- Input “control” and press Enter.
- Go to the System and Security to open Windows Defender Firewall.
- On the left side, you can find the “Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall”
- Select the Change settings
- Click on the Allow another app
- When the Add an app window opens up, browse for the Vudu installation directory.
- Choose the exe file.
- Select the Open button and then click on the Add
- Tick the checkbox besides both the Public and Private
- Now, select OK and open your Vudu application to check for the error.
Solution 5: Uninstall Vudu
If some application starts showing any error, then you should consider uninstalling that application. Then, reinstall the same application and check if you can find the error again. To solve the error code 28, follow these steps and uninstall Vudu.
- Navigate to Starts menu > Settings > Applications.
- Among all the installed applications, find the name of the Vudu application.
- Click on Vudu and choose the Uninstall
- When prompted, click “Yes“.
- After the uninstalling process is complete, go to the Microsoft Store.
- Search for Vudu.
- Download and install Vudu again on your computer.
If the error comes up again, follow the next solution.
Solution 6: Check your modem and Wi-Fi router
Sometimes the error can happen due to a connection glitch. Make sure you checked the modem and its batteries (in case the modem uses batteries). Unplug the modem for some time and plugin again to check for the error. If you are using the modem with the help of a Wi-Fi router, check the router also. Most applications don’t work with Double NAT IP Configuration. If your router has the Double NAT IP configured, then you have to request the ISP to change it.
Everyone loves to stream their favorite TV-series, and if some error stops the TV series, there is nothing more annoying than this. Vudu offers you excellent service, but you can’t enjoy its service until you fix the error. To solve the error, we have provided you with various solutions.
The solutions need your time and patience. Follow the instructions, as mentioned above. Get rid of the error as quickly as possible, and enjoy your favorite shows on Vudu uninterrupted. After reading this article if you have any queries or feedback, please write down the comment in the below comment box.