Content cannot always be streamed on every video streaming service. Others lock their films behind paywalls for as long as possible, while some companies let you stream their shows for free. Due to this reality, Vudu asks, “Why not both?” With Vudu, you can not only stream movies and TV shows, but you can also rent or buy them. You won’t find any exciting exclusives on Vudu, but it’s still an appealing service from top to bottom.
Unfortunately, there is an error that started bothering the users. Yes, for many users, the Vudu is not working on Samsung, LG, Sony, or Any Smart TV, which is why we bring up his guide. Here you will learn some methods to easily fix the Vudu not working problem on your Samsung, LG, Sony, or Any Smart TV.
Why Is Vudu Not Working?
Vudu not working on Smart TV can be caused by many factors, but here are a few of the most common ones, including getting stuck in starting black screen or freezing.
- There are some temporary bugs.
- There is a problem with the internet.
- Weak signal strength.
- Currently, there is a problem with the Vudu app.
- Several bugs have been found in the Vudu app.
- Firmware that is out of date.
- TV settings are incorrect.
- Server down.
How To Fix Vudu Not Working on Samsung, LG, Sony, or Any Smart TV
The following troubleshooting fixes will help you fix the Vudu not working issue on your Samsung, LG, Sony, or Any Smart TV. Hence make sure to perform these fixes if you are facing the same.
Fix 1: Rerun The Vudu App
Use your TV remote control’s back button or exit button to restart the Vudu application. Whenever you are asked for confirmation, select Yes. The Vudu app should now be launched once again.
Fix 2: Reboot Your Device
In order to finish watching your Vudu content, restart your Smart TV. On your remote control, press the standby and power buttons repeatedly to turn off your television. It might be a good idea to let the power cord hang loose for a while after removing it from its connector.
To ensure that your Smart TV is functioning properly, you will need to check its power wire. You can turn the device on or off by hitting the power or standby buttons. Your device’s software must be updated to support the Vudu app.
Fix 3: Check Your Router
Check your router to make sure it is working properly. Launch a separate application for more information about your Internet connection speed. You should maintain close proximity to your router as much as you can comfortably. If you continue to experience issues, you may need to try a new router if you continue to experience issues.
Fix 4: Update Vudu App
To download the latest Vudu app for your Smart TV, navigate to the App Store that is compatible with the model of your Smart TV (Samsung Smart TV, LG Smart TV, Vizio Smart TV, LG Smart TV, and Sony Smart TV). If you are having trouble finding the Vudu app, you may try searching for it.
You may need to update your program if you receive the prompt to update on your screen. Choosing “Update” will allow you to make your selection. During the update process, please be patient. To find out if the problem is still there or if it has been solved, open the Vudu app again.
Fix 5: Reinstall The App
If Vudu has become unresponsive, you should reinstall it. If your Vudu app doesn’t open after applying an update, you might want to try reinstalling it. A software program can contain errors called bugs, which may result in problems like difficulty using the program or not loading it correctly, a display that is too dark, or dark background with fuzzy images.
You will be able to use the Vudu app immediately after reinstalling the software because any problems you might have been experiencing with it will be resolved instantly.
In the event that the issue persists after you have followed the above procedures, it can be conclusively determined that it is the Smart TV, not the Vudu app, that is responsible for the problem. The first thing we must do is to keep an eye on the Smart TV’s firmware every once in a while to see whether it has completely been updated. If your firmware is outdated, you might be unable to run Vudu, such as the application not loading properly or not working properly.
#6. Additional Fix: Update Your TV Firmware
Update the firmware on your Samsung Smart TV:
- Use the menu bar to select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- On the left side of the screen, select Support.
- After clicking the Support tab, select Software Update from the menu.
- From the menu, choose “Update Now” to apply the most recent patch immediately.
- Once this window is closed, the update will be downloaded.
Make sure the firmware on your Sony Smart TV is up to date:
- Initially, the home must be hit first on your TV remote.
- Afterward, the settings need to be configured.
- In the Setup menu, select the item you want to configure.
- You can access the appropriate menu by clicking on Product Support.
- Select the Software Update option.
- To confirm, select Yes now.
Get the latest LG Smart TV firmware:
- You can use your TV remote’s home button or start button to navigate.
- Click the cogwheel symbol to access the settings in the top right corner.
- You can access all the TV’s configuration options using the bottom-right button.
- Find the one that fits your needs from the left-hand list.
- Under the General menu, click About This TV.
- Check for updates after you’ve done that.
- You will receive your latest updates as soon as they are available.
Upgrade Vizio Smart TV firmware:
- You can use the V button on the remote control of your Vizio Smart TV.
- In the TV’s settings menu, choose the System option.
- On the menu, click the System tab and click Check for Updates.
- If there are still updates to be installed on your Vizio Smart TV, they will begin automatically.
So, that’s how to fix Vudu not working issue on Samsung, LG, Sony, and Any Smart TV. I hope you found this guide helpful. Meanwhile, comment below and let us know.