The most popular accessory from Apple is the Airpods. Ever since the removal of the headphone jack with the iPhone 7, Apple has been putting a lot of effort, and we now have generations of Airpods. The original Airpods and the Airpods Pro are quite popular in the market now. However, the lack of buttons on these earpieces makes it difficult for the customers to reset the Airpods hard.
Suppose you have a new device that you want to pair with the Airpods, or there are any technical issues with them, then you will have to perform a hard reset. But many people are unaware as to how they can do it. That is what we will take a look here in this article, and if you are also looking for the way to hard reset your Airpods, then follow this guide.
How to hard reset Airpods and Airpods Pro?
The reason why you might need to perform a reset on your Airpods are:
- Rapid battery drain.
- Airpods are not starting correctly.
- Too much of an audio delay.
- No sound in the left or right Airpod.
- Airpods are not charging in the case.
- Need to pair with a new compatible device.
So how do you exactly hard reset your Airpods? Let’s find out.
Firstly, you need to unpair the Airpods from your iPhone or iPad. To do that,
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Tap on Bluetooth.
- Then in the list of Bluetooth devices, find your Airpods and tap on the small “i” icon next to it.
- Select the option Forget this device and tap on Forget Device again to confirm your action.
Now to completely reset your Airpods or Airpods Pro, follow the steps mentioned below accordingly.
- Place both the left and right Airpod into the case and then close the lid.
- Then wait for 30 seconds or a minute.
- Then again, open the lid and then press and hold the setup button at the back of the case.
- You will see the status light flashing the amber color a few times, and then it will change to white.
- Now you can close the lid again.
You Airpods or Airpods Pros are now entirely reset. If you wish to connect them to a new device or your older one, you will have to go through the same initial pairing process again.
So now you know how to how to hard reset Apple Airpods or Airpods Pro. If you have any questions or queries about this guide, then comment down below, and we will get back to you. Also, be sure to check out our other articles on iPhone tips and tricks, Android tips and tricks, PC tips and tricks, and much more for more useful information.