AirPods is not connecting with the Steam Deck. The Apple earphones have Bluetooth technology. The BT device appears on the console, but the connecting circle loops infinitely. The Valve gaming console is not connecting with the AirPods. You can apply the traditional solutions to fix the problem and reach out to Apple when nothing works in your favour.
Why Are AirPods Not Connecting With Steam Deck?
Bluetooth module is a piece of tech available across all devices. The Steam Deck and AirPods have the BT module. Unfortunately, you will find many devices that go through similar difficulties. Here are a few reasons why Apple wireless earphones are not connecting with the Valve gaming console.
A non-profit organization owns BT technology. You can pair a newer 5.3 module with an older-generation device. However, you will encounter minor bugs and glitches. The not-for-profit group created a backward compatibility feature. Users don’t have to worry about compatibility issues.
AirPods or Steam Deck prevents the connection to converse the battery life. The battery-powered devices have advanced software to monitor usage. Pick up the power cable and charge the devices for a seamless experience.
Almost all battery-powered devices come with an energy-saving mode. The SteamOS 3 decreases energy consumption by reducing the background process, apps, games, and other unnecessary elements. The AirPods are not connecting due to battery usage restrictions. Disable the power restriction on the Steam Deck for a seamless experience. AirPod Max users have to follow a simple rule when connecting the device. I have explained the point below.
Multiple Connected Devices:
Millions use wireless devices to answer calls or listen to music. Users have connected the AirPods or Steam Deck to another device. Pick up the iPhone or Android tablet sitting nearby and inspect the settings. Disable the wireless features on the other devices to prevent the situation.
Valve loves the open-source Linux operating system. The software developer used the Arch Linux code to build the modded version of SteamOS 3. AirPods runs on proprietary software, and the public cannot access the code. Users should update the software regardless.
Operating System or Drivers Glitch:
The not-for-profit group developed Bluetooth drivers for Apple, Linux, and all devices across the board. You will find minor glitches in the drivers or operating system. The software developers improve the technology slowly. We can apply traditional solutions to fix the BT glitches.
Apple and Valve used software to navigate the device. No software doesn’t corrupt or has corrupted system files. Users can restore the operating system files using the official tools. Steam Deck supports OS recovery features.
We don’t have a choice and consider the hardware failure. AirPods and Steam Deck are electronic products that can stop working. Unfortunately, you don’t have the option to use the BT dongle to connect the wireless devices. Contact Valve or Apple for assistance and claim the warranty.
Steam Deck AirPods Not Connecting: How To Fix?
Disable Bluetooth on all smartphones, tablets, laptops, and others. Reach out to the Apple and Valve service center if you think something is wrong with the device.
Turn Off Steam Deck
Turn off the Steam Deck to end the session. The software will put the drivers and background processes to sleep. Almost every bug or glitch goes away after you turn off the device. Never leave the sleep part to the device and take control of it.
1. Press the Steam button.
2. Swipe down to the bottom of the menu.
3. Select the “Power” option.
4. Select the “Shutdown” button.
The Steam Deck turns off in a few moments. Unfortunately, there is no physical power button on the AirPods. The Apple wireless earphones automate the task for users.
Charge AirPods & Steam Deck
The battery-powered devices don’t work at maximum capacity due to insufficient charge. Pick up the power cable and charge the devices. The operating system has advanced energy-saving features to improve its usage.
1. Pick up the lighting and USB-C cable.
2. Charge the AirPods & Steam Deck until the green light flashes.
Disable the power saving mode in the Valve gaming console for maximum performance. The SteamOS 3 won’t dictate energy consumption anymore.
Enable Airplane Mode
Cut off the wireless connections from the Steam Deck. The Arch Linux-based SteamOS 3 has airplane mode in the software. Turn off/on the airplane mode in the gaming console and resolve minor bugs or glitches.
1. Press the Steam button.
2. Select the gear icon to view Quick Settings.
3. Select the “Airplane Mode” button.
Leave the gaming console for a minute, then disable the feature.
Remove AirPods From Steam Deck
Delete the AirPods from the gaming console, then pair them later. Bluetooth has a decade-old glitch. You can solve it by re-pairing the devices.
1. Press the Steam physical button on the console.
2. Scroll down to select the “Settings” option.
3. Select the “Bluetooth” option.
4. Look for the AirPods and select the device.
5. Press the three-dash physical button.
6. You have three options.
7. Choose the “Forget” option.
The SteamOS will remove the Apple wireless earphones from the device. Meanwhile, you can learn to connect the AirPods to the Steam Deck.
Use Desktop Mode
Steam Deck is a capable device with advanced features like Desktop Mode. Connect the AirPods through the Desktop Mode and allow the BT device during the login.
1. Press the Steam button on the console.
2. Scroll down and select the “Power” option.
3. Select the “Switch to Desktop” option.
4. Give a few moments for the device to switch to the new mode.
5. Set the Bluetooth to the “Enable On Login” option.
Pair the AirPods in Desktop mode, and it will go smoothly. Go back to normal by pressing the “Return to Gaming Mode” option.
Update AirPods & Steam Deck
Apple and Valve release new software updates for the respective devices. Users should update the operating system for optimal performance and security. You need an iPhone to update the AirPods firmware.
1. Press the physical Steam button.
2. Select “Settings” from the window.
3. Select “System” from the window.
4. Press the “Check for updates” button.
5. Press the “Apply” button when it’s ready.
Connect your iPhone and AirPods, then update the software from Settings. The latest macOS Ventura has iTunes in the Finder application. Connect the AirPods to Mac and update the firmware.
Remove the AirPods from the Apple ID if you are planning to use someone else unit. Read the tutorial a couple of times, then perform the reset.
1. Place the AirPods in the charging case and close the lid.
2. Give the unit thirty seconds.
3. Place the AirPods in your ears.
4. Open the Settings app on the iPhone or iPad.
5. Go to the “Bluetooth” option.
6. Find your earphones, then tap the (i) info button.
7. Tap the “Forget This Device” option.
8. Place the earphones in the case and close the lid.
9. Press and hold the physical button on the back of the AirPods for fifteen seconds.
10. Release the setup button after the white light flashes.
You have reset the AirPods. Pair the Steam Deck and wireless earphones manually.
Resetting the SteamOS 3 is no joke. You will lose the installed games, user information, applications, and more. The operating system will wipe out the customizations and restore the software to its original settings. Perform the SteamOS reinstallation if you believe that there is a problem with the Steam Deck.
1. Charge the Steam Deck by using the USB-C cable.
2. Press the physical Steam button.
3. Select “Settings” from the window.
4. Select “System” from the window.
5. Scroll down to the bottom.
6. Select the “Reset to factory state” option.
7. Select the “Factory Reset” option.
The SteamOS will start the process. Leave the gaming console aside for a few minutes and come back later.
Visit the authorized service center if the AirPods are not connecting with the Steam Deck. We don’t have the tools and spare parts to fix the connectivity problems in the Bluetooth devices. Carry the purchase bill and claim the warranty at the service center. Let us know how you solved the Steam Deck and AirPods Bluetooth connectivity issues.