Airpod’s noise cancellation feature is second to none in the TWS industry. And having this feature while playing games on a Steam Deck can take the gaming experience to another level. But connecting the Airpods to the Steam Deck has been a challenge for many people, and here in this article, we will guide you through it.
Even though the steps to connect the Airpods are simple, people are struggling because it takes more than a single attempt to set up the connection initially. If you are one of these troubled users, this article will help you out. Here, we have listed all the solutions you can try to set up the Airpods with the Steam Deck for the first time without any issues. So without any further ado, let’s get into it.
How To Connect AirPods To Your Steam Deck?
The steps mentioned below are standard, and every time you want to connect to any device to the Airpods, it will go through this process. However, with the Steam Deck, you might have to give this process a couple of tries to establish the connection.
So let’s get into the steps.
- Tap on the Steam button. This will open up the sidebar.
- Navigate to Settings > Bluetooth.
- After this, open the lid on your Airpods, and don’t pull out the earbuds immediately. Hold the button at the back of the case and wait until the light starts flashing on your Airpods.
- The flashing light indicates the AirPods are in pairing mode. Tap on the Airpods option in the Steam Deck and wait till the connection is established.
You might need to try this process repeatedly to get it to work.
If for some reason, this is not working even after multiple attempts, you can try a minor fix. This is mentioned below.
- Plugin the mouse and keyboard into the USB ports on your Steam Deck.
- Hold the power button to bring up the power menu.
- Choose “Switch to Desktop” to switch over to the Linux desktop.
- Now go the Bluetooth Settings and set it to enable on login.
This should fix the connection problem for you.
So this is how one can connect AirPods To Steam Deck. If you have any questions or queries about this article, comment below, and we will get back to you. Also, check out our other articles on iPhone tips and tricks, Android tips and tricks, PC tips and tricks, and much more for more helpful information.