OnePlus is one of the popular and developer-friendly smartphone brands that offer kernel sources, frequent software updates, and more. It has an active forum and community for OnePlus users. While the OxygenOS is also one of the widely used and smoother, stable custom skins for Android. The OnePlus devices run close to the stock Android version with additional features and customizations. Whereas, OnePlus also offers advanced users and developers to tweak and mod their OnePlus devices easily. There are plenty of mods, root, custom recovery, Custom ROMs available online to customize almost every OnePlus device. In this case, some times users can easily brick their OnePlus devices due to some improper process or incompatible files. Here we will share How to Unbrick OnePlus 7 Pro and Restore OxygenOS Stock ROM.
OnePlus 7 Pro was released in May 2019 with a 6.67-inches Fluid AMOLED 90Hz display, Snapdragon 855 SoC, up to 12GB RAM, and 256GB internal storage. It has a triple rear camera setup of a 48MP wide (f/1.6), a secondary 8MP telephoto (f/2.4), and a 16MP ultrawide (f/2.2) sensor. While the front features a pop-up 16MP (f/2.0) selfie camera. All other major connectivity options and sensors are available on this device.
So, if you’re using the OnePlus 7 Pro and for some reasons bricked your device, this guide is for you. You have to follow this full guide properly in order to unbrick it. Then you can restore the Stock ROM again which is OxygenOS on your OnePlus device. There will be two methods – one for unbricking and one for restoring. So, let’s go to the topic.
- Unbrick OnePlus 7 Pro via Fastboot ROMs
- Steps to Unbrick OnePlus 7 Pro and Restore OxygenOS Stock ROM
- Other ‘flash all’ Files
Unbrick OnePlus 7 Pro via Fastboot ROMs
The OnePlus 7 Pro has the dual partition system that makes the system updates so easier for the non-rooted users. But in order to install ROMs, it’s not so easy and may get easily bricked. Mainly, the device bricking and bootloop issue. In this case, flashing a Stock ROM won’t work and even TWRP Recovery booting won’t work. You need to flash the Fastboot ROM first on your OnePlus 7 Pro.
The XDA member mauronofrio has developed a couple of Fastboot ROMs for some of the OnePlus devices. This will easily unbrick the OnePlus 7 Pro and other OnePlus devices then you can restore the OxygenOS Stock ROM as well.
- This ROM is supported only for OnePlus 7 Pro.
- You should have a working Windows PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- Download and Install the latest OnePlus USB Driver for Windows and MAC. [For All Android USB Drivers]
- Charge your phone to at least 50% before upgrading your phone.
- Take a complete backup of your phone data (if possible).
- Make sure that OnePlus 7 Pro Bootloader must be unlocked.
Download OnePlus 7 Pro Stock ROM (Fastboot)
Steps to Unbrick OnePlus 7 Pro and Restore OxygenOS Stock ROM
- First of all, download a Fastboot ROM for the OnePlus 7 Pro from the links given above. Try to download the latest version of Fastboot ROM for more stability and compatibility.
- Extract the downloaded firmware zip file on your computer.
- Now, restart your OnePlus 7 Pro into fastboot mode.
- Switch off your phone. Next, press and hold the Power + Volume Up button together for a few seconds. You will see Fastboot Mode.
- Next, connect your device with your computer via a USB cable.
- Go to the extracted firmware folder.
- Double-click on the flash-all.bat file in the folder.
- We’re assuming that you have installed the USB Drivers properly on your computer. Your system will automatically detect the phone is connected and the ROM will be flashed as well.
- Sit back and relax while the Fastboot ROM is installing on your phone.
- During the process, you might see a message like “Invalid source file format at header magic”. Don’t panic. Leave that normally. Just wait for the installation to complete.
Other ‘flash all’ Files
For your OnePlus 7 Pro soft bricking issue, you can unbrick it by using flash-all-partitions-fastboot.bat. However, in the hard bricking issue, you may have to use flash-all-partitions.bat.
This file will flash all the partitions via the fastboot method (if possible).
This .bat file will flash only persist partition in fastboot mode.
This file will boot the TWRP Recovery and flash all criticals partitions (if needed).
The file flashes only vendor, system, and boot partitions.
This .bat file will run three files like flash-all-partitions-fastboot.bat, then flash-only-persist.bat, and flash-all-partitions-recovery-criticals.bat.
We hope that this guide is helpful to you and you have successfully unbricked and restored the OxygenOS Stock ROM on your OnePlus 7 Pro device. For any queries, do let us know in the comments below.