Realme added another camera expert to its portfolio this year i.e. the Realme XT. The device sports a 64MP quad-camera setup at the rear that allows you to capture images in up to 9216×6912 resolution images. Besides, if you are the owner of the Realme XT and are looking for ways via which you can unlock the bootloader of the device then, you are at the right place. Because in this post, we will be sharing with you the official method on how to unlock the bootloader on the Realme XT smartphone. For recall, the Realme XT was launched in September 2019 and has been approved by the masses. Keep in mind that, you need to follow all the steps correctly in order to avoid any permanent damage caused to your device.
Moreover, if you are new to rooting, then you must understand that first, you need to unlock the bootloader of the device and then install a custom recovery like TWRP to root the device. Also, rooting allows the user to go ahead and install restricted apps, mod apps, install custom OS like Lineage OS, etc on the device. Note that the unlocking of the bootloader will void the warranty of your device. So, it is better to allow the warranty period to get over and then unlock it. However, if you do not want to wait then, you can follow this guide on how to unlock the bootloader on Realme XT.
Quick Specs Overview – Realme XT
Realme XT is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 712AIE octa-core processor which is paired with 4/6/8GB of RAM. In the display department, it sports a 6.4 inches Super AMOLED display with 1080 x 2340 pixel resolutions and a tear-drop notch. It runs on the Android 9 Pie out of the box with the ColorOS on top. The device also has the UFS 2.1 ROM, 64GB/128GB of internal memory options, and offers up to 256GB external memory.
In the camera section, it has a quad-camera setup that houses 64MP+8MP+2MP+2MP lenses which comprise a wide, ultrawide, dedicated macro sensor, and a depth sensor. In the front, you get a 16MP selfie camera that is housed under the tear-drop display. One interesting feature of the device is that the device comes with a massive non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery and supports fast battery charging 20W. The Realme XT also sports an under-display fingerprint scanner as well.
How to unlock bootloader on Realme XT
Before we begin the unlocking of the bootloader on Realme XT, let us take a deep look at what is a bootloader and what advantages or disadvantages you get, once you unlock it;
What is Bootloader?
A bootloader is a program that is the first thing that boots up in your device whenever you turn ON your device. It commands the device to run the appropriate programs in order to run smoothly and provide better performance. Moreover, the bootloader is stored away from the reach of the user and is stored at a stable memory so that the user could not hamper the files. However, there are methods and ways via which you can safely unlock the bootloader of the device and go ahead with flashing a custom recovery to root your device. But, you should make sure to follow a reliable guide and follow the steps correctly in order to avoid any permanent damage to your phone.
- You can install any custom ROM like Lineage OS, Resurrection ROM, etc.
- You can also root your device.
- Install a custom recovery like TWRP.
- After unlocking the bootloader, it voids the warranty of your device.
- You will no longer receive the official OTA updates.
- You can brick your device if you do not follow the steps carefully.
- Realme XT with 60%+ battery
- USB Cable
- A Windows PC / MacBook
Steps To Unlock Bootloader on Realme XT
- Make sure that you have backed up all the data of your internal memory securely before heading on with the unlock procedure.
- You need to check that you have the latest and the official version of the system running on your device.
- Download the “Unlock Tool APK” from the download section above and install it on the smartphone. (Make sure that you choose the compatible unlock tool for your realme device)
- Now, open the unlock tool and click on “Start applying“.
- You will be presented with a disclaimer. It is advised that you read the disclaimer in detail.
- Once you are done with it select the checkbox and submit your application.
- After this, the application will be checked by the Realme servers and within approximately 1 hour the unlock tool will show you the status of your request.
- Once you are through with the unlock request, then you need to tap on the “Start the in-depth test“.
- This will reboot your device automatically.
- You will be shown with the following string on your device’s screen:
fast boot_unlock_verify ok
- Now download and install the ADB and Fastboot tools from the download section on your PC.
- Then, connect your device to the PC via a USB cable.
- Open the CMD or command prompt by pressing the Shift + Right-click combination on the same folder where you have extracted the contents of the ADB and Fastboot Tools.
- Enter the following command:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, type in:
fastboot flashing unlock
- You will be displayed a screen like below. You need to press the Volume Up key to select “Unlock“. You can go back by pressing the Volume Down key if you changed your mind about unlocking the bootloader.
- Once you press the Volume Up button, you will be presented with a new interface.
- Now, enter the below command:
- This will automatically reboot your smartphone and will enter the in-depth test mode.
- That’s it! You have successfully unlocked the bootloader on the Realme XT.
So, there you have it from my side in this post. I hope you guys liked this post and were able to unlock the bootloader of the Realme XT smartphone. Note that you should only follow this guide if you are using it on Realme XT and not any other devices to avoid problems. Moreover, you can go ahead and flash any custom recovery like TWRP to root your device and open the world of customizations. Let us know in the comments if you successfully unlocked the bootloader of the Realme XT device using the above method or not. Until the next post…Cheers!