Updated on August 26, 2020: Huawei has finally launched the EMUI 10.1 update for the Huawei Mate 20 Pro in India. You can now install the latest offering from Huawei on your Mate 20 Pro. Note that there are tons of news features included with the EMUI 10.1 update. The update bumps the version number from EMUI 10.0.0.234 to 10.1.0.291. And weighs in around a hefty 4.08 GB in size. So, make sure that you have a stable internet connection to download the latest EMUI 10.1 update on your Huawei Mate 20 Pro in India. Talk about feature you get new fingerprint animations, always-on display, multi-window support, new themes for your phone, call answering, and much more. Here is the complete changelog of the update;
This update introduces EMUI 10.1, designed to deliver a finer-tuned user experience with a higher performance and a more secure system. This operating system, based on distributed technologies, enables you to seamlessly interact across devices and enjoy a diverse range of practical features, including mobile office, in different scenarios. Install this update to facilitate a more intelligent lifestyle.
QUALITY USER INTERFACE:
Always On Display: (Colorful)
- Allows Always on Display clock style to change the color dynamically based on the time of the day. You can also download more styles from the Themes app.
- Adds a three-dimensional clock style option to Always On Display.
- Adds three fingerprint unlock animation options. Go to Settings> Biometrics & password> Fingerprint ID, input your lock screen password as required, then touch Fingerprint animation to select your preferred option.
- Allows you to multitask with ease in Split-screen mode, and send messages using a floating window while watching videos or playing games. Swipe in from the left or right edge of the screen and pause to display the Multi-Window dock. Hold an app icon in the dock and drag it to the side of the screen to enter a split-screen view, or touch an app icon to display it in a floating window.
- Adds two more themes
CONVENIENT MULTI-DEVICE COLLABORATION:
- Allows you to pick up voice and video calls on your phone from your Huawei laptop.
- Allows you to directly read and edit files on your phone from your Huawei laptop, and also share your phone’s network and sync notifications.
Privacy compliance certification:
- Obtained the ISO/IEC 27701 certification.
- Integrates Android security patches released in July 2020 for improved system security.
MORE HANDY FEATURES:
- Optimizes the deterministic latency engine to provide you with a smoother system user experience.
- Adds the Smart Charge mode, reducing battery aging by adapting to your charging routine through AI learning and preventing the battery from being continuously charged when full. (This feature is enabled by default.)
Huawei Assistant TODAY:
- Huawei Assistant provides smart reminders, personalized news, and other content relevant to you. The assistant is accessible via the home screen.
Huawei introduced the EMUI 10.1 custom UI alongside the Huawei P40 series smartphones earlier this year. It brings some subtle changes and new features on top of Android 10 operating system. Talking about its features, you get Huawei MeeTime, multi-screen collaboration, Huawei Share, sound booster, and much more. Luckily for those who own the Huawei Mate 20 Pro smartphone, we have the download link to the EMUI 10.1 update package file which you can make use of to manually upgrade your device. Notably, the firmware links provided in this post is strictly for the Huawei Mate 20 Pro and not for any other Huawei phone.
The update is based on Android 10 and brings EMUI 10.1 features with it along with the latest June 2020 security patchset for the phone. As a reminder, the Huawei Mate 20 Pro was launched back in 2018 and houses specs like Kirin 980 SoC coupled with 6/8 GB of RAM, a 4,200 mAh battery, up to 256 GB of onboard storage, triple-rear camera setup and much more. The phone came with Android 9 Pie out of the box and now runs on the latest Android 10. With that being said, let us quickly get straight into the article itself:
What’s on EMUI 10.1?
As already mentioned, the EMUI 10.1 is based on the already pushed Android 10 firmware. The main idea behind EMUI 10.1 is to bring more subtle changes and features to the Huawei devices, already running on Android 10. This new iteration of the custom UI blends in some of the cool features like screen sharing via the Huawei MeeTime, which lets you get consultation about anything from your friends or trusted ones by sharing your screen.
The EMUI 10.1 brings UI improvements, multi-windows for better productivity, high-speed file transfer using the Huawei Share, ONEHOP to connect to any Bluetooth device easily, Sound Booster to enhance the sound quality, improved Huawei Gallery, and the voice assistant Celia now finally arrives for the international variants of the phone, which was previously limited to the home country of China. There are several other features that you can go through in the next section.
Features of EMUI 10.1
Here is the list of features that you will find in your Huawei phone, after installing the new EMUI 10.1 custom UI:
- Always On Display
- Huawei MeeTime
- Sound Booster
- New Gallery
- Celia voice assistant
- Multi-device control panel
- Enhanced privacy protection
- Cast+ wireless projection
- Huawei Share
- UI Improvements
- New Themes
- Faster performance
Changelog of EMUI 10.1
- [Always On Display]
Allows the Always On Display clock to change colors dynamically based on the time of day. You can also download more styles from the Themes app. Adds a tri-dimensional clock style option to Always On Display.
- [Fingerprint animation]
Adds three fingerprint unlock animation options.
Allows you to multitask with ease in Split-screen mode, and send messages using a floating window while watching videos or playing games. Swipe in from the left or right edge of the screen and pause to display the Multi-Window dock. Hold an app icon in the dock and drag it to the side of the screen to enter split-screen view, or touch an app icon to display it in a floating window.
- [Call answering]
Allows you to pick up voice and video calls on your phone from your Huawei laptop.
- [File editing]
Allows you to directly read and edit files on your phone from your Huawei laptop and share your phone’s network.
- [Privacy compliance certification]
Obtained the ISO/IEC 27701 certification.
Integrates Android security patches released in June 2020 for improved system security.
- [System performance]
Optimizes the deterministic latency engine to provide you with a smoother system user experience.
Adds the Smart Charge mode, reducing battery aging by adapting to your charging routine through AI learning and preventing the battery from being continuously charged when full. (This feature is enabled by default.)
- [HUAWEI Assistant∙TODAY]
Adds HUAWEI Assistant∙TODAY to the home screen, providing smart reminders, personalized news, and other content relevant to you.
Adds the HUAWEI Browser app, providing you with an all-new web browsing and searching experience.
Steps to Install EMUI 10.1 on Huawei Mate 20 Pro
We will be providing you the links to download the latest EMUI 10.1 for the Huawei Mate 20 Pro, but before we head-on with the procedure, here is a list of pre-requisites that you need to make sure to have first-hand, to make the process smoother.
- As noted several times above, this post is strictly for the Huawei Mate 20 Pro and the firmware files should not be attempted to be flashed on any other device.
- Make sure to charge your phone to about 50% or above for a smooth process.
- You will need a PC and a USB cable.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your phone’s data.
- Download Huawei USB Drivers
- LYA-LGRP1-CHN (10.1.0.160): Link
- LYA-LGRP2-OVS (10.1.0.270): Link
- LYA-LGRP2-OVS (10.1.0.271): Link
- LYA-LGRP2-OVS (10.1.0.272): Link
Now to install the downloaded EMUI 10.1 (Android 10) firmware on your Huawei Mate 20 Pro, you can simply refer to our complete post by clicking the button below:How To Install Stock Firmware on any Huawei Device
So, there you have it from my side in this post. I hope you guys were able to update your Huawei Mate 20 Pro with the latest EMUI 10.1 update that also bumps the security patch level to June 2020, using the link given above for the package file and the installation procedure mentioned above. Let us know in the comments below if you come across any issues while following any of the above-mentioned methods. Until the next post…Cheers!