If you are a MateBook user and experiencing an issue with the MateBook keyboard keys, which are not working properly, and are wondering how to fix them, you will find several ways to fix the keyboard not working issue. HUAWEI MateBook is known as the best laptop in the market, which has the good built quality and great performance. The display and the battery of the Maybe are decent. Fortunately, the price of the MateBook is high, but it’s a valuable option for users who are looking for good battery life and great performance.
Well, MateBook is known for its great value for money, but some MateBook models have some technical or software issues. Recently, most users have noticed that the integrated keys of their keyboards are not working properly. This issue has become a major problem for users who want to do several keyboard activities.
As we know, a keyboard is essential for performing activities such as preparation, making documents and notes, and more. This article will provide some troubleshooting steps and explain why the keyboard is not working. By following the troubleshooting methods, you can fix your MateBook keyboard easily.
- Why My HUAWEI MateBook Keyboard Is Not Working?
- HUAWEI MateBook Keyboard Not Working, How to Fix?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Words
Why My HUAWEI MateBook Keyboard Is Not Working?
A hardware issue is the most likely causes of your HUAWEI MateBook keyboard not working. This could be due to a faulty connection, a broken key, a damaged cable, or a malfunctioning internal component. It is also possible that the keyboard is not properly configured or that the device drivers are outdated.
HUAWEI MateBook Keyboard Not Working, How to Fix?
If you are having an issue with your MateBook keyboard, don’t worry. Fortunately, there are some fixes available to fix the keyboard not working issue on your HUAWEI MateBook laptop. According to the HUAWEI website, the integrated keyboard is connected to the hosts and transfers data via pogo pin connectors. This issue is caused by a variety of reasons, such as hardware or software. You can easily fix the keyboard not working on your MateBook laptop by following the below troubleshooting steps.
Fix 1: Clean Your MateBook Keyboard
Firstly, clean your MateBook Keyboards and check for any dust or debris particles. Sometimes, dust or debris particles collected below the keyboard, which was the main cause of the keyboard not working on the HUAWEI MateBook laptop. You can clean your keyboard easily with the help of a vacuum cleaner or air blower. The fast air will easily remove dust particles from below the laptop keyboard.
Fix 2: Restart Your MateBook
You can also try to fix your issue by simply restarting your MateBook laptop. Sometimes, the keyboard driver won’t work due to technical problems or software glitches. Restating the laptop might help you to fix the issue. To restart your MateBook laptop, simply press and hold the power button for a few seconds until it turns off. Now release the power button and wait for a second. Again, press the power button back to turn on your laptop. If the issue persists, try other troubleshooting steps.
Fix 3: Use a Virtual Keyboard
If you have an issue with the main keyboard on your HUAWEI MateBook laptop, try using a virtual keyboard using the mouse or cursor. This might help you to move on to any activities using the keyboard if the physical keyboard doesn’t work. Here’s how to enable a virtual keyboard by following the steps:
- Open the Settings app on your MateBook.
- Select the Accessibility option at the left of the screen.
- Scroll down and choose the Keyboard option.
- You will see the On-screen keyboard. Simply toggle on next to the On-screen keyboard.
- If your particular key is working on your keyboard, press the Windows logo key + Ctrl + O to turn on the on-screen keyboard.
Fix 4: Toggle Filter Key
The next way to fix the issue is to disable the filter keys from the settings option on the laptop. If the filter keys are enabled, the keyboard won’t work, and you need to fix the keyboard issue. You need to disable it. Make sure to check the filter keys option on your laptop. Here’s how you can disable the filter keys option on your MateBook laptop:
- Open the Settings on your MateBook.
- Select the Accessibility option at the left of the screen.
- In Accessibility, you will be able to see the Filter keys option.
- If it is enabled, then disable it by clicking on the toggle.
- And if it is disabled, enable it and check if the keyboard is working.
- Finally, your keyboard issue will be fixed.
Fix 5: Update the Keyboard Driver
An outdated version of the keyboard might be the reason for not working on the keyboard on the laptop. Sometimes the updates need to be installed to the latest version for better performance. You need to update the keyboard driver on your laptop. It helps you to fix the keyboard issue. Here’s how to update the keyboard driver on your MateBook laptop:
- Click on “Start Menu,” search Device Manager, and open it.
- Expand the Keyboard section.
- Right-click on the Standard PS/2 keyboard option and select “Update driver.”
- A new window will appear on the screen; now choose “Search automatically for drivers.”
- If a new driver for your keyboard appears on the screen, it will be updated and installed automatically.
- Finally, if the update is completed, restart your MateBook laptop and check your keyboard is solved.
Fix 6: Run Keyboard Troubleshooter
Run keyboard troubleshooting to check for any keyboard updates or defects. Here’s how you can check for keyboard troubleshooter on your HUAWEI MateBook laptop:
- Open the Settings on your MateBook laptop.
- Choose the System option.
- Scroll down and choose the Troubleshoot option.
- Now press the Other troubleshooter option.
- Scroll down and find the Keyboard option; simply press on Run.
- Now, wait for the troubleshooters to detect the issue.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and finally restart your MateBook laptop.
Fix 7: Check for Hardware Defects
If you have tried the above methods and still have an issue with the keyboard, try to reset your PC and then check the keyboard. If the reset does not work, then it may be possible that the issue is with the hardware. You may get the hardware fixed by any technician or any local store. You can also contact HUAWEI customer support for further assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the cause of the HUAWEI MateBook keyboard not working?
The most common cause of the HUAWEI MateBook keyboard not working is a driver or hardware issue. It could also be caused by a faulty connection or a software glitch.
How do I restart my HUAWEI MateBook?
To restart your HUAWEI MateBook, press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds. This should reboot your device, and the keyboard should start working again.
What should I do if cleaning the keyboard does not work?
If cleaning the keyboard does not fix the issue, you can try updating the keyboard driver. Depending on the model of your HUAWEI MateBook, you can download the latest driver for the keyboard from the HUAWEI website and install it on your device.
This article provided a comprehensive overview of troubleshooting methods for resolving a Huawei MateBook keyboard that is not working. We hope that this article has been helpful in resolving your keyboard issues. If you are still having difficulty with your Huawei MateBook keyboard, we recommend that you contact your local HUAWEI Support Center for further assistance.