Here we will guide on how to manually install Android USB Drivers on your PC. This guide is simple and easy.
Most of us users don’t have to use Android USB bridge ever, but in a crucial time when you need to transfer files between your Android device and your PC. Having android USB drivers ready helps a lot. It saves time and hassle while looking for the right Android USB driver for your PC. So today we will guide you on how to download Android USB drivers by the simplest method possible.
USB drivers for Android phones and tablets are a key factor to exchange data between electronic devices. You cannot share a photo or document between your PC and smartphone if you don’t have the right Android USB drivers installed. You can also use Android USB drivers for development uses which required Android SDK USB drivers, ADB fastboot drivers, etc. If you wish to exchange or transfer media content between PC and Android, then you must install Android USB drivers.
How to Manually Install Android USB Drivers on your PC
It is always good to Manually install Android USB drivers on your PC. Because you never know when you or somebody else gonna need them. Even if you don’t own any Android smartphone, but there are chances that someday, one of your friends or family member will ask you to transfer photos, files etc to the Android smartphone. And if you don’t have Android USD drivers installed in your PC then you will disappoint them a BIG TIME!
But hey, don’t worry. Today in this blog post, we are going to explain to you – how to install Android USB drivers. We will guide on to install Android USB driver on both Windows PC and Mac computers.
Download USB Drivers:
For all brand: Android USB Drivers
Installing Android USB drivers in Windows PC
Installing Android USB driver is pretty hectic when it comes to windows. But don’t worry, we will guide you in this tutorial. Simply follow the steps down below.
1. First of all, install the Android SDK on your computer. You can download it here.
2. After installing the Android SDK, go to the start menu. Select Android SDK Tools -> SDK Manager. Right-click on it and select Run as Administrator
Note: Please make sure to run SDK Manager in administrator mode. Otherwise, you will face troubles in installing new components.
3. In the SDK Manager, select EXTRAS. There you need to select Google USB driver and then click Install 1 package.
4. When the installation is complete, plug in your android device.
5. Open device manager on your PC. You can do by searching “Device manager” in the search bar. Here select Android phone, right click and select – Update driver software
6. A new dialogue box will appear, select “Browse my computer for driver software” from the options.
7. Now select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer” option.
8. Select “Show All Devices” from the drop-down menu.
9. Click over the “have disk” button
10. Enter the path for the Google USB driver.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\extras\google\usb_driver
11. Select “Android ADB Interface” from the list of devices.
12. Confirm the Android USB driver install by pressing the “Yes” button.
13. Press Install.
14. Now the installation is complete. You can click on the close button to terminate the installation wizard.
This is a detailed guide on How to Manually Install Android USB Drivers on your PC. You can also install custom Android USB drivers for windows that comes from the official manufacturer’s site. These include Samsung USB drivers, HTC USB drivers, etc. You can find these on official manufacturers’ websites.
Installing Android USB drivers in Mac OS
Installing Android USB Drivers in Mac is rather easy as compared to windows. All you need to do is install Android File Transfer for Mac and you’re good to go. It will automatically connect Android devices and your Mac computer to share media and comment files.