MIUI ROM can be installed via stock recovery or via fastboot in any Xiaomi phone. Because of locked bootloader recovery may not work with some devices. There is an alternate method to flash MIUI ROM is Fastboot method, that requires MIUI ROM Flashing Tool to be installed on PC. Some users are getting errors while using MIUI ROM flashing tool when installing ROM, so the best alternate method is ADB.
In this Step by Step Guide, We will know without using MIUI ROM Flashing Tool, how to install MIUI Fastboot ROM on any Xiaomi phone. This method will work on any Xiaomi device whether it has locked bootloader or unlocked bootloader. Check out the below guide.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed
- Take the complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
How to Install MIUI Fastboot ROM via ADB
1. Download MIUI Fastboot ROM for your device
2. Extract the .tar file. Again, Extract the extracted file until you get folder called ‘Images’.
3. Copy all files inside ‘Images’ folder and Paste them in the ADB installation folder.
4. Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on the Build Number 7 Times until you see a toast message “Developer options enabled“
5. Switch off and Reboot your device into TWRP Recovery Mode (press Volume down+ Power Button key’s together)
6. Connect your Smartphone to PC via a USB cable.
7. Open ADB folder and then open the command prompt window by press and hold the shift and right mouse clicked anywhere in that folder.
8. In the command prompt, type the below command to see your device is listed
9. Now, Execute the below commands one after one:
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash cache cache.img
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
10. Your device will now reboot to MIUI stock ROM.