Xiaomi is one of the well-known smartphone OEMs that offer budget to a flagship-killer range of devices for years. Most of the Xiaomi devices are quite suitable for having custom firmware and developers are also providing a lot of options in terms of customizations. However, it seems that some Xiaomi device users are having issues with the bricking. If you’re one of them, you can follow this guide to Unbrick Any Xiaomi Device and Flash MIUI ROM Again.
While installing any Custom ROM, several Xiaomi users bricked their devices and starts troubleshooting the reason, unfortunately. It’s worth mentioning that unbricking the Xiaomi device is one of the pretty easiest tasks whatsoever. By simply reinstalling the Stock ROM on your Xiaomi device you’ll be able to use your device again and get rid of the bricking status. Bricking means your device won’t boot to the system and stuck at the boot logo always.
How to Unbrick Any Xiaomi Device and Flash MIUI ROM Again
If you want to fix the bricked phone, Xiaomi offers the Mi Flash Tool to flash the Stock MIUI Fastboot ROM on their devices. By using this tool, you’ll be able to easily install the official Stock ROM on your bricked device and revive it again. To flash the Fastboot ROM on your Xiaomi device, you’ll need to connect your phone to the PC and flash the Fastboot ROM file using the help of the Xiaomi Flash Tool.
Well, this particular method is mostly used when your Xiaomi phone is bricked or stuck on the bootloop. So, before heading over to the guide, make sure to follow the requirements and the download links below to proceed.
- You will need a PC and a USB cable.
- Charge your device sufficiently (at least 50% or above).
- Get the latest MIUI Fastboot Stock ROM for your device model.
- Grab ADB and Fastboot binaries on the PC.
- Make sure to have the Xiaomi USB Driver on the PC.
- Install the Mi Flash Tool on your computer.
Steps to flash MIUI Fastboot ROM on a Xiaomi device
Once you’re ready with the requirements and download links, you should be able to follow the steps below.
Disclaimer: GetDroidTips won’t be held responsible for any kind of issue that may happen on your device during/after following this guide. You can proceed at your own risk.
- Download the latest MIUI Fastboot ROM for your particular Xiaomi model on the PC.
- Now, turn your device off completely. Press the Volume key + the Power button simultaneously for a few seconds to enter Fastboot mode.
- Once you have entered fastboot mode, you will see the Mi Bunny Fastboot mode picture (See screenshot below)
- Now, connect the device to the Windows PC/laptop via a micro USB cable.
- You need to double-click on the downloaded ROM file to extract it.
- Open the extracted ROM folder, and copy its path on the computer.
- To install Mi Flash Tool and Extract the MIUI MI Flash tool on your computer.
- Now click on the installer file on your computer and continue the installation. (Ignore the security warning) and select run to continue the installation.
- After installation is completed, open MiFlash.exe and paste the address bar from the ROM file folder path copied in the 6th step. (You can also browse the folder by tapping the Select button)
- If you have pasted the Address code, Now Click on the first button (circled out in yellow) to Refresh, and MiFlash should automatically recognize the device. Then click the second button (circled out in red) to flash the ROM file to the device.
- Your flashing process has started, Now Wait until the progress bar inside MiFlash turns fully green, which means the ROM has been successfully installed. Then your device should automatically boot to the new version.
12. Finally, you’ve easily restored your bricked Xiaomi device back to the stock MIUI firmware again. Now, wait for the system to boot, and then go through the initial setup process to start using your handset.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.