If you are looking for a tool that will allow you to flash any Xiaomi stock firmware on your device then, you are at the right place. As in this post, we will guide you on how to download Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool for Windows. Matter of fact, this tool has been made available by Xiaomi itself meaning that there won’t be issues of whether this tool will work or not as it is available officially. You can use this tool to flash Fastboot files on any of your Xiaomi smartphones. Xiaomi is one of the brands that let the user download the stock firmware directly from their official sources.
This becomes helpful when you want to downgrade or upgrade or revert back to the factory-installed stock firmware in cases where you are stuck with some annoying issue on your device. You just need to download the MIUI ROM for your specific device from the website and install it on your phone. Now, there are two types of firmware files i.e. Recovery ROMs, and Fastboot ROMs. Let us understand more about this tool from Xiaomi in detail.
Download Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool for Windows [Latest Version]
As mentioned above, there are two types of firmware files. Using the Fastboot ROM flashes your device’s partitions with the new ones meaning that your device will be just like new and in factory settings state. But, to do that, you need a dedicated tool and what better way than a tool provided by the manufacturer itself.
What is the Xiaomi MI Flash Tool?
Mi Flash tool is meant for all Qualcomm powered Xiaomi and Redmi phones on which you can flash MIUI Fastboot ROMs. It works over the Fastboot connection to erase and write firmware. In fact, you can use this software to restore stock firmware, manual upgrade your device’s firmware or rollback to overcome boot looping issues. But before you go ahead and download this Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool, you need to go through the list of pre-requisites mentioned below.
Features of Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool
- Easy installation: It comes as an installer and portable application which means that you can either go for the full installation or can directly open and run the software using the portable app.
- Inbuilt Drivers: This tool comes with inbuilt drivers like USB, Google ADB, Microsoft MTP, Nvidia drivers, etc. While using the portable application, you can install the required tool manually.
- Multiple Flashing options: You can use this tool for three-way flashing, Flash All, Flash All except Storage or Flash All except Storage and Data.
- Connect Multiple Devices: You can use this Mi Flash Tool for flashing multiple devices.
How To Flash MIUI Fastboot ROM Using Mi Flash Tool:
Fastboot method is actually the best method to flash MIUI whenever an MI device is bricked, soft-bricked or you want to flash MIUI directly from your PC. The Fastboot MIUI ROM comes with .tz or .tgz formats. Here is a complete guide to flash MIUI fastboot ROM using Mi Flash Tool.
- Uninstall the previous version before installing the latest one.
- Make sure that you have Windows 7 or above.
- Only Qualcomm powered Xiaomi and Redmi devices are supported.
- Devices prior to Mi 3 are not supported.
- You need to have an unlocked bootloader before you can use this tool.
- You must have to enable the Developer option. You can do this by navigating to Settings>> About Phones>> Tap on the MIUI Version 7 times.
- You must have to enable USB debugging. To do this you have to navigate Settings>> Developer Options>> Enable USB Debugging
Install Mi Flash Tool on your Windows PC/Laptop
- Firstly download the tool from the link given above.
- Extract the content of the zip file.
- Double click on the file name “MiFlashSetup.msi”.
- When it prompts with a Window warning, click on Run.
- You will be presented with the Xiaomi Mi installer window, click Next.
- Follow the steps mentioned by the installer to quickly install the Mi Flash tool on your Windows device.
- That’s it!
How to Install Fastboot ROM using Mi Flash Tool?
- Download the latest MIUI Fastboot ROM for your specific Xiaomi or Redmi device.
- The downloaded ROM will be in the “.tgz” file format which you need to extract to an accessible location.
- Turn off your device completely.
- Now you need to enter the Fastboot mode by pressing the Volume Down and Power button together.
- Then connect your smartphone to your PC via a USB Cable.
- Open Mi Flash Tool and press the refresh button to make sure that your device has been detected successfully.
- Click on the Select button and navigate to the folder where you have extracted the firmware.
- Select the flashing mode according to your choice.
- Finally, hit the flash button to install the Fastboot ROM on your Xiaomi or Redmi device.
Once the installation is complete, your device will automatically reboot. So, there you have it from my side in this post. I hope you guys liked this post and were able to install the Fastboot ROM using Mi Flash Tool. Until the next post…Cheers!
All done!! You have successfully installed the MIUI fastbooot Rom on your MI device. Please share your thoughts and ask if any doubts in the comments section.
Special Features of Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool
Xiaomi Mi Flash tool is provided with the feature of Installer that simply means that you need to install it on your computer so that you can use it. Once you start installing the flash tool you can see the packages that come along with the flash tool like Drivers, Mi Tool and ADB Tool.
Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool has the feature of inbuilt USB drives that includes Google drivers, ADB Tool, Qualcomm USB Serial driver, Microsoft MTP and RNDIS Driver. So, you don’t need to download and install each driver separately to work with the Tool.
Multiple Flashing Options
Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool comes with 3 flashing options that include Flash All, Flash all except storage and also Flash All Except data and Storage. The second method, Flash all except storage is actually the default method of flashing the fastboot files on Xiaomi Devices.