The Last of Us Part 1 is an action-adventure game released in 2022. Developed by Naughty Dog and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment, this title is a remake of the original 2013 game. There are several changes and enhancements in this version, including improved combat and exploration mechanics, as well as expanded accessibility options. However, there might still be a few issues that players are experiencing. In this guide, we will take you through how to fix the Windows 10 Version 1909 Or Higher Is Required error in The Last of Us Part 1.
The game’s storyline follows Joel’s character as he escorts a young girl named Ellie across the post-apocalyptic United States. On the way, they need to fight off infected and cannibalistic creatures. The game also includes an expansion called The Last of Us: Left Behind, which features a single-player campaign that follows Ellie and her best friend, Riley. Let’s find out the fixes for the Windows 10 Version 1909 Or Higher Is Required error in The Last of Us Part 1.
How to Fix the Windows 10 Version 1909 Or Higher Is Required Error in The Last of Us Part 1
Despite the undeniable success of Last of Us Part 1, it is important to acknowledge that this game, like many others, is not immune to various bugs and glitches that can impact the gaming experience. Recently, a growing number of players have encountered an error message that reads, Windows 10 version 1909 or higher is required, preventing them from accessing the latest version of the game on their personal computers. This error is understandably frustrating for gamers who are eagerly anticipating the release of this highly anticipated sequel. Fortunately, there are steps that you can take to troubleshoot this issue and get back to playing the game as soon as possible. We will walk you through the necessary steps to resolve this error message and enjoy the immersive gameplay that Last of Us Part 2 offers.
Update Windows to the latest version
Before you start troubleshooting, ensuring your Windows is up-to-date is important. This is because the latest version of Windows often includes important updates and security patches that can prevent errors like the Windows 10 version 1909 or higher is required error in The Last of Us Part 1. To check for the latest updates, follow these steps:
1. Go to Windows Settings by clicking on the Start menu and selecting the gear icon.
2. Click on “Update & Security.”
3. Click on “Check for updates.”
4. If there are any new updates available, they will be installed automatically.
It’s important to note that keeping your Windows up-to-date doesn’t just help prevent errors in games like The Last of Us Part 1. It can also improve the overall performance and security of your computer. Installing the latest updates and security patches ensures that your computer is protected against the latest threats and vulnerabilities. In addition, many updates include new features and improvements that can enhance your computing experience.
You can proceed to the next step if you’ve confirmed that your Windows is up-to-date.
Disable Compatibility Mode
To fix the Windows 10 version 1909 or higher error is required in The Last of Us Part 1, you can follow the steps below. These steps will guide you through modifying the game’s compatibility settings and Steam, which should allow the game to run smoothly on your operating system.
1. First, open your Steam Library by double-clicking on the Steam icon on your desktop or searching for it in the Windows search box and clicking on it.
2. Once in your Steam Library, locate The Last of Us Part 1 and right-click on it.
3. From the context menu, select Manage to bring up the game management options.
4. Next, click on Browse local files. This will take you to the folder where the game is saved on your PC.
5. In the game folder, locate the game’s .exe file and right-click on it.
6. Select Properties from the context menu.
7. In the Properties window, go to the Compatibility tab.
8. Uncheck the box “Run this program in compatibility mode for.”
9. Click Apply and then Ok to save the changes.
10. Repeat steps 5-9 for the second .exe file as well as the “Launcher” file.
11. Once you have completed the above steps, search for “Steam” in the Windows search box and right-click on it.
12. Click on “Open file location.”
13. Right-click on Steam and select Properties.
14. In the Properties window, go to the Compatibility tab.
15. Uncheck the box “Run this program in compatibility mode for.”
16. Click Apply and then Ok to save the changes.
17. Finally, relaunch the game and the error message should no longer appear.
That concludes our guide on how to fix the Windows 10 version 1909 or higher is required error that occurs while playing The Last of Us Part 1. Although the error message may seem daunting, the solution is actually quite simple. By following the steps outlined in this guide, you can quickly and easily resolve the issue and get back to playing your game.