In this tutorial, we will share the download link as well as list the steps to install the SPD Upgrade Tool on your PC. When it comes to mobile chipsets, Qualcomm, Mediatek, and Exynos are the three big players. However, there is still a niche segment of devices that runs the Spreadtrum/Unisoc chipset. These include some from Micromax, Lava, Karbonn among others. The support and development for these chipsets aren’t along the lines of the other three chips.
Hence users might have a hard time flashing files and carrying out other related tasks. Well, not anymore. With the help of the SPD Upgrade Tool, you could easily flash the stock firmware onto your device, upgrade or downgrade the software version and carry out tons of other tweaks. In this guide, we will be looking at the functionality of this tool and the steps to flash firmware and ROMs onto the supported devices. Follow along for the detailed instructions.
Table of Contents
What is SPD Upgrade Tool
The SPD Upgrade Tool is used to flash .pac and PC5 stock firmware onto the Spreadtrum devices. Apart from that, you could also configure the LCD settings, MCP Type, Read/Write/Erase active flash. It has streamlined the entire process of flashing ROMs. All you have to do is just load the firmware file to the tool, connect your device to PC, and hit the Start button. The tool will take care of everything else. With that said, here are some of the noteworthy features of the SPD Upgrade Tool.
Easy to Use
With so many features baked into the tool, some people on paper might find it hard to carry out the aforementioned task. However, that isn’t the case. The entire user interface has been designed in such a manner that even the first-time users could easily flash the firmware onto their devices without any issue. Then the multi-language support will be helpful to the non-English speaking audiences.
You don’t have to go through the entire setup process. This tool comes as a portable application, so just double-click on its EXE file and the tool will be up and running.
Support for Spreadtrum chipset
You could easily flash the .pac and PC5 stock firmware using this tool. Near about all the devices running the Spreadtrum chipset falls under this domain.
Upgradation and down gradation on the software version could be carried out right from this tool itself.
If you delete all the data from your device, then one option is to reset the device from the Settings menu. However, you might have to go through a lot of menus before you end up at the Reset section. But with the SPD Upgrade Tool, you could easily reset your device in just one single click.
You could also check some in-device configurations like information about the device’s Random Access memory. Likewise, you could configure the LCD of your device or even Read/Write/Erase active flash right from within the tool itself.
So these were the features of the SPD Upgrade Tool. Let’s now check out the steps to use this tool and carry out the aforementioned task.
Download SPD Flash Tool
|SPD Flash Tool [All Versions]||Download Link|
|SpreadTrum Upgrade Tool R2.9.9001||Download|
|SpreadTrum Upgrade Tool R2.9.9005||Download|
|SpreadTrum Upgrade Tool R2.9.9008||Download|
|SpreadTrum Upgrade Tool R2.9.9009||Download|
|SpreadTrum Upgrade Tool R2.9.9015||Download|
|SpreadTrum Upgrade Tool R3.0.0001||Download|
|SpreadTrum Upgrade Tool R4.0.0001||Download|
|SpreadTrum Upgrade Tool R17.0.0001||Download|
|SpreadTrum Upgrade Tool R17.17.1202||Download|
|SpreadTrum Upgrade Tool R19.0.0001||Download|
|SpreadTrum Upgrade Tool R21.0.0001||Download|
|SpreadTrum Upgrade Tool R22.0.0001||Download|
|SpreadTrum Upgrade Tool R23.0.0001||Download|
|SpreadTrum Upgrade Tool R23.19.4001||Download|
|SpreadTrum Upgrade Tool R24.0.0003 (Latest)||Download|
How to Use the SPD Upgrade Tool
Before we list out the installation steps, there are a few prerequisites that you need to go through. Make sure your device qualifies all these requirements
- To begin with, it is always advisable to take a device backup to remain on a safer side.
- Next up, we would recommend you download and install your device-specific USB Drivers onto your PC.
- Likewise, it is recommended to keep your device sufficiently charged, at least 50% is recommended.
- Finally, download the latest version of the SPD Upgrade Tool: SpreadTrum Upgrade Tool R24.0.0003
- If you are using this tool to flash the stock ROM, then download the .pac or the PC5 stock firmware for your device.
That’s it, these were all the requirements. You may now proceed with the flashing/installation steps.
Flash Firmware using the SPD Upgrade Tool
- Connect your device to PC via the USB Cable.
- Now extract the contents of the SpreadTrum Upgrade Tool that you have downloaded. You could do so via the WinZIP or WinRAR application.
- Once the extracting is complete, head over to that folder and scroll all the way to the bottom till you find the UpgradeDownload EXE file.
- Double click on that file and the tool will launch (as mentioned before, it is a portable app, hence no need to install).
- Now click on the Load packet button. This will be the first option situated at the top left (refer to the below screenshot).
- Navigate to the downloaded .pac or the PC5 firmware file and hit the Open button.
- Once the package has been loaded, click on the Start Downloading button. This will be the third button in the middle (see the below screengrab).
- The flashing process will now start and you could keep a track of the same under the Progress section.
- As and when the process is complete, you should see a green “Passed” message. When this happens, you could now hit the Stop button from the menu bar and remove your device from the PC.
So this was all from this guide on how to download and install the SPD Upgrade Tool. We have also listed its detailed features as well as the steps to flash .pac or the PC5 firmware onto Spreadtrum devices. If you have any queries, do let us know in the comments section below. Rounding off, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Tricks that you should check out as well.