The Logitech Unifying Receiver is a very popular, wireless and portable USB receiver. This is very useful as it enables users to connect up to 6 devices simultaneously to the computers. But unfortunately, after a recent update, many users reported that the Logitech Unifying receiver was not working, and they could not connect it to their Logitech peripherals.
- Fixes for the Logitech Unifying Receiver not working issue
Fixes for the Logitech Unifying Receiver not working issue
In addition to the recent update, there are several other reasons for this issue, including conflicting applications, missing Unifying software, Driver file, and more. If you are also facing the same problem, follow this article to the end. Going forward, we have listed some easy troubleshooting solutions that might help you. Let’s have a look down below.
Fix 1: Install Unifying Software on your device
To ensure smooth operation while you work, the first step you need to follow is to install the Unifying software on your PC or laptop. For doing so, follow these steps,
- Firstly, navigate to the Logitech Unifying software official website and download the Windows support application.
- Then open the executable file and install it on your system.
- Once done, restart the system; when the system reboots, select and right-click on the Unifying Software and open it as Run as administrator.
- Now check the said issue get resolved or persists.
Fix 2: Copy the Driver File
After trying the above solution, if your Logitech Unifying Receiver is still not working, you should check if the driver file is installed on your system. For doing so, follow these steps,
- Press Windows + E altogether to open File Explorer and go to the following file path,
- Then you need to find these two drivers on your device.
If you find both of these drivers on your system, you can proceed with the troubleshooting process.
However, if you cannot find them or suspect they are damaged, you will need to replace them later. To do this, you need to cut and paste these two drivers into another accessible area and install a new pair of drivers. After you complete the installation, restart the system and check for improvement.
Fix 3: Uninstall Problematic Software
Sometimes recently installed third-party software interferes with the receiver module and causes issues with the Logitech Unified Receiver. In this scenario, you need to uninstall that problematic application from the system to get rid of the same issue. For doing so, follow these steps,
- Press Windows + R altogether to launch the Run dialog box.
- Inside the Run dialog box, type “appwiz.cpl” and press the OK button.
- Now from the Programs and features window, select the problematic application (prefer recently installed one), right-click over it, and click on Uninstall option.
- Once done, restart your system and check whether the issue is resolved or not.
If the problem persists, try deleting the driver files of the conflicting software. For doing so, follow the instructions given below,
- Type Device Manager in the search box and open relevant search result
- Now select all the devices related to problematic software, right-click on it, uninstall them one by one.
- If the Uninstall Device prompt appears on the screen while in the uninstallation process, tick the check box beside Delete the driver software for this device and click on Uninstall button.
- Then type regedit in the search box and open the Registry Editor window as Run as administrator.
- Inside Registry Editor, click on the Edit tab and select the Find option from the drop-down menu.
- Now in the registry search box, type DS3 and press Enter.
- And right-click on all the DS3 files and click on the Delete button.
- Then unplug the Logitech dongle and restart your system.
- After the restart, plug back the dongle and check the issue persists or not.
Fix 4: Use SetPoint
According to some users, using the SetPoint software from Logitech helped them avoid the Logitech Unified Receiver not working issue. This software enables its users to customize the new keyboard keys and mouse buttons while configuring other device settings. For downloading SetPoint, follow these steps,
- Firstly, go to the official website of Logitech SoftPoint.
- Then download the application and install it on your system.
- Once done, restart the system; after the reboots, right-click on the software and click Run as administrator.
- Now the said issue will get resolved from your system.
Fix 5: Power Cycle your Computer
Power cycling is another effective solution to the problem of Logitech Unifying Receiver not working. This trick may definitely help you if your system is in an error state. For doing so, follow these steps,
- Firstly, shut down the system and disconnect all the peripherals connected to the system.
- Then remove the power cable of the system; after a few seconds, press and hold the Power button for at least 30 seconds.
- If you are a laptop user, unmount the battery for 30 seconds.
- After 3-5 minutes, re-plug all the disconnected peripherals and power cables. Turn on the system and check the issue is resolved.
Fix 6: Uninstall Problematic Windows Update
As per some users uninstalling the problematic Windows Update helped them to escape from the Logitech Unifying Receiver not working issue. For doing so, follow these steps,
- Firstly, press Windows + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Then type appwiz.cpl and click on the OK button.
- Inside the Program and features window, click on View Installed updates from the left side of the screen.
- From the list of installed updates, locate KB4074588, then right-click on it and click on Uninstall tab,
- Once done, restart the system and check the said issue resolve for you. If yes, then you need to go to the Official Microsoft website and download Hotfix.
- Then run the Hotfix as Run as administrator. This app will prevent driver updates from reinstalling.
Fix 7: Disabling the Power Saving for USB
If none of the above solutions does help you, then you need to disable the Power Saving feature in Windows 11. This feature prevents the driver from prolonging the battery life and leading to many problems. Follow the below-given steps to disable the power saving feature,
- Firstly, press Windows + X simultaneously and select Device Manager from the context menu.
- Then expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers section and select your Logitech driver.
- Now right-click on the driver and select its Properties option.
- Inside Properties, select the Power Management tab and untick all the options present inside the screen.
- Once done, restart the system and check whether the said issue is resolved.
These are the 7 best fixes for the Logitech Unifying Receiver is not working issue. In addition to all of the above solutions, you need to ensure that the dongle plugged in the port is working properly.
If the problem persists after trying all of these solutions, you should contact the Logitech Support Center for further help. If you have any queries or feedback, please leave a comment in the below comment box.